Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #91  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday Morning! Well I'm feeling some better, not great but better. FF went okay yesterday but I'm ready for it to be over. I was fixing my DDs breakfast this morning......WW Toast, Yogurt and Grapes and I would have just about died to have munched a grape but instead I ate my eggs (I hate eggs by the way so) Oh well I'll get some fruit tomorrow

Barb - Yes I would love to just sleep and I'm so crabby I bet my family would prefer that I did

Katie - My 5 yr old DD loves Hannah Montana too but she is more into High School Musical so that is what I "take away"

Felicia - I've used the "not your friend, your mother" all the time.

Deb - Thanks for the plan information and the offer of recipes. I PMd you with my email address

Hi Jason, welcome back.

Jillian - love the new avatar

Heather - great info to share on what slows us down with weightloss. I know I've seen a lot of the experts on here get on their soap box about variety and I think what you've learned really supports that.

Dan - Thanks for the info on Disney. We were actually thinking of using AAA.

Welcome Glenslady!

Hi Angie, Kristen, Nicole, AmyLou, Amy2, and anyone else I've missed. Have a great day! Wish me look on day too of FF.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #92  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all. Well I made it one whole day being POP. Woohoo! Let's try for 2. The English Muffin issue is bothering me a little. I don't have the nutritional info here but I've been eating the 100 cal thompsons english muffins and I had assumed they were not included on the "consume infrequently" list since they were 100 cals. Is that not correct? I'm curious to know the difference in those and the "lite" english muffins.

Oh and Hi to everyone.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #93  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Phew...you all are wearing me out It's nice to see these boards picking back up again now that the holidays are over.

You are all making me laugh this morning! The kids stories are just too funny! My DD is too wise for her age, too. I asked her the other day "what are you going to be like when you're 15 because you already act like you are 15"...she said "I'll be bigger like you, mommy. And I'm going to marry you and have a baby in my belly and name her Emily. But I want to dance and then daddy won't have anyone to dance with. So we'll all have to get married together, okay?" (sorry I asked?!) But I also get the "you're not my friend" and "you're not being very nice to me"...and all the time saying "it's not nice calling me names". Now keep in mind that I don't call her names...that is just her response to me telling her to do something that she doesn't want to do. It's scary that at almost-4, I already have to try and stay one step ahead of her. I can go on and on with these stories...

Angie - I did TBL workout dvd last night. I got it at Kmart for $7.99...I just couldn't pass that up. It's the sculpting DVD. It was very good. I haven't been able to work out in a while (well, I guess I could have) because of my broken toe. This was a good workout...using weights and a little yoga...pretty much hit every area of my body. I'm feeling it today. So I figure I'll do this dvd which is a 6-week challenge type thingy and when my toe heals, I want to buy TBL cardio. I just love the trainers...that's enough to keep me motivated!

To my fellow biggest loser fanatics...on New year's day there was a Biggest Loser-Australia marathon on so I DVR'd it. Now I have lots of episodes to watch in addition to the new one that's on now. It really helps me stay on track watching them.

Ok...better get back to work. I'm still covering for 2 people. I have 2 people coming in for interviews this afternoon to fill the one open position, so keep your fingers crossed that I'll find someone so that my workload will ease up a bit!

And Dan...Bucko??? Reminds me of Happy Days...too funny!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #94  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Tina - what channel was the australia version of TBL on? I wish I had seen it and TiVo'd it. We were away last week and I forgot to set up TiVo to record TBL couples, so I missed the first episode. I'm in for tonight, though!

On the subject of PMS - I've become much more aware of what feelings I experience during it since starting LAWL. It's weird, but I will be having these awful thoughts (along the lines of "Why does DH keep TALKING? When will he shut up!") and weird food cravings - way before any physical symptoms. It's kind of interesting how in tune you become with your body when you are on a plan like this. To all of you experiencing PMS this week - hang in there, and don't let the car pull into any drive thru's!

Jason - Long may your jib draw me ol' cocky! Although since you are no longer in Newfoundland, I guess you don't hear that as much, huh? Welcome back!

Welcome glenslady!

Hi to the rest of you guys. Have a POP day. (I'd do more personals, but I'm at work... )
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #95  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Welcome Glenslady!

JASON.. Welcome back! Dan need help monitoring sodium and estrogen on these boards.. I was actually in Kingston over new years and asked the city to rid themselves of cheap wings.. so glad my plan is working.. no thanks required!

Hope you all have a good day. DD went to bed without a fight last night but got into it with daddy the second he opened her door this am. I gave her a ball with four little balls in it and told her each time she says something mean or is rude I'll take a ball out. When all four balls are gone I take away a toy or something in her room.. oh yeah and then I go get me a blizzard!!

Just kidding.. scale is moving, flylady is kicking my butt and I'm off to see about a gym membership!

Happy POP day everyone
xo
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #96  
sscott

Wow, I can't keep up with all of you. I am sitting in my advisory period and Tuesdays are study days so I don't do a lot of teaching. Any way, while the kids are studying I was catching up on the posts and I LOL a couple of times at you guys. I think my students think I am crazy (well, they are 7th graders so they think all adults are crazy )

I did it, I stayed POP all day yesterday! Whew! I haven't done that in awhile and it felt great!!! Heres to another day!

Class is almost over so I have no time for personals...sorry! Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #97  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone. Just checking in - not much to report. We certainly are full of the gab since the holidays are over. That's not such a bad thing - it means we are making time for ourselves. Hope everyone had a POP day.

Welcome to all the newbies and to all the "oldbies" that are returning. I don't have time for personals right now - it's retiree's day here at the office so there's lots of people milling around and asking questions that hopefully I have the answer to.

I'll be back later today.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #98  
LAWL Salt Police

No worries about the personals Stacy.. I rarely do them en masse either... The whole point is to be here for support. The extra chit chat is just icing, or at least something to catch up on when you get a break...

I've been amazingly unbusy at the office.. It's a slow time of the year and we still have a few people on vacation.. So I've decided that it's time to decluttler the desk.. It's a disaster area right now.. Yesterday I took my pile of accumulated business cards and actually put them in my nearly empty rolodex. I've got piles of old files from the person who held this job for 25 years before I got here and I honestly have not idea what to do with them... It's almost too much to even start looking at... I probably need to start scanning the important stuff.. GOD - PLEASE SEND ME AN INTERN!!

OK.. Enough grousing.. Sorry... Go out there and have a POP day, y'all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #99  
One pound at a time...

Morning folks! Second day back OP. They have changed up the program so I am not used to having so many Dairys and Starches ()

Work is getting busy again so I may lurk more at the moment. Everyone have a great day, I am off to weigh in tonight.

Last edited by ChocLabLover; 01-08-2008 at 10:23 AM.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #100  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjezzy View Post
The English Muffin issue is bothering me a little. I don't have the nutritional info here but I've been eating the 100 cal thompsons english muffins and I had assumed they were not included on the "consume infrequently" list since they were 100 cals. Is that not correct? I'm curious to know the difference in those and the "lite" english muffins.
That's what I've been eating - the 100 calorie Thomas' Multigrain English Muffins. The list I'm looking at just says English Muffin and I know regular white English Muffins are on the "Consume Infrequently" list - I wonder if this Excell thing I got last night is referring to those rather than the whole grain ones on the regular list. Whatever the case, I think variety is the key as Katy mentioned so I'll be changing up my breakfast habits a bit.
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #101  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskNewfie View Post
The up side is that since last year I moved to Kingston and they don't have 9 cent wings anywhere here. Plus, as of yet we don't do wing nights! As for the beer, i have about 7 or 8 left in the fridge...once they're gone, I'll switch back to bacardi and diet coke. I noticed that i started to gain most of my weight back last year when i started drinking beer again! I guess 12 to 24 beer every week or two would do that. Yeah, i'm very sociable...plus bbq season hit around the same time.

As for competing for the attention of the ladies...with the ratio of women to men in here, i don't think it's necessary to compete! Just kidding...I hope it's not too early to bring back my sense of humor...
No worries.. It's been weird being the only guy around here for a while.. Somewhere along the line Michael just disappeared...

I miss wings.. Liz and I used to love to go to Hooters.. I dared to have one, okay two wings while we were in Roswell visiting Liz's parents for Christmas.. Damn they were good!! As for beer, you can still have 'em, just not as many and you have to plan your exchanges for them.. Unless of course, they're a trigger food and one or two isn't enough (like me and chips, unfortunately)...
Old 01-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #102  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather115 View Post
That's what I've been eating - the 100 calorie Thomas' Multigrain English Muffins. The list I'm looking at just says English Muffin and I know regular white English Muffins are on the "Consume Infrequently" list - I wonder if this Excell thing I got last night is referring to those rather than the whole grain ones on the regular list. Whatever the case, I think variety is the key as Katy mentioned so I'll be changing up my breakfast habits a bit.
Exactly right.. you've got to change it around if only to give your taste buds a break.. There's been some back and forth about whether or not it's important to shake up your meal selections and whether or not your body [I]really[I] gets used to the foods you eat.. I happen to think it does...

We ate the 100 calorie muffins for a while, but since I started maintenance, I've been eating the Sara Lee Lite.. they're only 110 calories.. I'm sure they're higher in fat and sodium, but if I only eat a couple a week, I think I'm ok..

A while back, the LAWL On-Line dieticians said it was ok to count the 100-calorie Thomas brand as 1 starch, rather than two (causing much rejoicing in my household), but our COD counselors were hesitant to sign off on that...
Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #103  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, crap, you guys.......I just can't keep up!!!! I do HAVE to say though, Kim(phin).........I SOOOOOOO missed you!!!! I about fell on the floor when you mentioned, "why does DH keep talking...." Good times, good times. And Kristen.........sooo sorry DD is being such a pill. My Emily (now 17) was always a pill.......and she still is. More on that subject another day. The good thing is......each kid is different, and 12 yo DD is NOT a pill very often. Keep kissing her............it will get better I know you already know this...but the less you and DH talk, the more she will hear So easy to advise.........SOOOOOOOOO difficult to do. I argue with my demon child all the time........but I try real hard not to. Also, I have decided my one weakness as a mother is crying. I would do just about anything so they won't cry.......and that is just stupid. But it feels like it physically hurts me sometimes when they cry......even if they are just bratty crying. I had this revelation about 6 months ago. It is good that I am aware of it now, but it doesn't always make me much stronger. Hang in there girl!!!

Hello to all of my other friends. I will take some time this afternoon for more personals
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #104  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
A while back, the LAWL On-Line dieticians said it was ok to count the 100-calorie Thomas brand as 1 starch, rather than two (causing much rejoicing in my household), but our COD counselors were hesitant to sign off on that...
For me, I count the Thomas lite English muffins as 2 starches. I take the conservative approach. I have one maybe once a week, but then I go low with my other starch of the day (1 get 3) and have oatmeal. So oatmeal for breakfast starch, Thomas lite (2) for lunch and just protein and veggies for dinner. I make sure I use up my starches by lunch or mid afternoon. Rarely, will I do starches at dinner and that is only on holidays if we are eating our big meal at dinner time. I use up my fruits by mid afternoon too. I pack most of my calories in the morning and at lunch and it is down hill calorie wise for the rest of the day. It works well for me. I am a morning person. If I worked late or had school in the evening, I could not plan my food intake like I do.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #105  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Lynn - I do the same thing, and consume all of my starches and fruits by 3pm. A counselor gave me that tip a while back and it really helped. And, I am by no means considered a morning person! (not even close! I may not even be a noon person.)

Nicole - it's nice to be missed. And I truly believe that he talks a lot more that one week per month. At least it seems that way!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote