Old 01-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #16  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Here's to a POP week - you know we can do this together!! Just a quick check in. It's a typical Monday here at work. Right now it's controlled chaos but later in the day it usually escalates to pure chaos! Didn't do much over the weekend but did stay POP for both days. I'd like to stay OP all this week. DD's baby shower is Sunday and I know I will probably eat something I shouldn't - even if it is a bite or two. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and week. I'll check back in later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Stacy it definitely does not seem fair. When DH told me he was down to 169lbs (4lb loss) i was like "just dont tell me anymore" LOL. Thank you for the encouragement, i'll definitely remember that 1st its my child's health then my weightloss.

I hope you have a POP week but like you said shoot for today 1st. We're here to keep you accountable.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #18  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang!

Snowing like crazy up here in Santa Fe, which worries me about my go-home commute this afternoon... Yikes!

Debbie.. DON'T FREAK OUT!!! You are going to fluctuate, especially taking into consideration what your body is going through right now with the whole breastfeeding thing... Add to that, you've told your body that it's not going to be getting the crappy foods its used to getting and it's probably rebelling a bit... Try not to WI every day.. The day to day changes can drive you nuts...

As for your DH... Men lose approximately 25% faster than women.. It's unfair and it sucks, but that's the way it is... In the time it took me to lose 110 pounds, Liz lost 35... She gets discouraged, but she sticks with it, knowing that she's healthier and in much better shape than she was before. Read the article Lynn posted in the "emotional eating" thread..

Have a great one, guys, and may the POP be with you!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #19  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Talk about crazy weather - it was 65 here yesterday and today it's supposed to be around 70. Course it's raining too but what's going on with this stuff? Don't want to complain - I think by the end of the week we'll be back in the single digits. YUCK - I hate winter!!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #20  
One pound at a time...

I know-we have already had all the records broken here today but a cold snap is supposed to happen by the end of the week.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #21  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning!!
Kimphin ^&*$&^$) How are you??

Carol!!! Wow ..long time no see! Welcome back and I hope you are doing okay! We missed you!

We had a good weekend on plan.. DH is fully on board with me this time so it's been much easier.. of course his pounds will start to fly off then I'll have to slip lard into his food but for now we are doing well. We went out for dinner on Saturday and spent 15 minutes picking a restaurant where we knew we could get fish. Shared a salad and both ordered grilled and shared some wine. So we are doing well. I'm following a principle called Eat Clean which basically means no white flour, sugar, processed foods and only lean proteins, complex carbs at each meal. Also eating 6 meals a day instead of 3 main ones.. have to say after all the 'fun' I had indulging over the holidays I've had a real spring in my step this past week.. I guess my body is saying THANK YOU for putting the good stuff back in. I am in the midst of another wicked session of tantrums from our eldest, now 4, so trying to stay calm and go grab a water or herbal tea after an outburst instead of a chocolate or some feel good food has been a challenge.. but I won't let her moods add to my waistline!
The best thing about the new year has been to see all the old folks on the board as well as all the newcomers. Anyone who has been on here a while will tell you this board has helped us all more than COD, your journals etc. So keep on posting and checking in! I

Have a great week all.
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #22  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone! Didn't have a chance to post over the weekend. My computer at home is on the fritz SO.....

Haven't done so yet but I need to update my VDay goal ticker to 12 lbs to lose.... Bummer but when I went to COD it was higher than I thought.

Started a Fast Forward today. Figured I had been eating so badly that I needed to start from the beginning. So far so good My DH is doing it with me this time, only he won't be going to COD. Can you guys help with what plan he should be on? He is 5'7" and 220....... I'm doing the numbered plans right now.

Had a pretty good weekend except I'm still battling this upper respiratory thing. It has really got me down.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #23  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone Have to take DD to school, but will check in later.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #24  
One pound at a time...

Kristen!! Great to see you are still here!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #25  

Dan thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm not going to freak out too much and i really do need to stop weighing myself everyday. Its always been my problem. You remember the commercial with the person chained to a scale, i think thats me. LOL.

I hope the snow doesnt affect your commute home too much, brr sounds cold. We're about 80 degrees here today which is wonderful (not trying to rub it in). I hate the winter thats why i moved from NY to FL about 2.5yrs ago.

I get the chills just thinking about single digits weather. brrr
Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #26  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Good morning and Happy New Year to everyone. Back to work today after 2 weeks vacation. I have cleaned every closet, room, cabinet and drawer in my house. Totally ignored the diet and am up quite a bit as a result. I've planned out this weeks meals but am having issues kicking the craving for sweets. I think I'm going to have to resort to zone bars again. Found an exercise channel on cable and have been doing the walking one with them. Seemed easy enough to do but really got my heart rate up so I think it will work nicely.

New year, new plan, new resolve. Here's to a POP day.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #27  
sscott

I know it's only been a short while, but so far so good on being POP! I have had a tough couple of days feeling really emotional and irritable. Normally in the past I would turn to food to feel better, but this time I am going to turn to the people around me. Thanks for all the good articles on emotional eating, positive self-talk (something I still struggle with HUGE), it has really helped me out. I hope you all are having a great day!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #28  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24 View Post
Dan thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm not going to freak out too much and i really do need to stop weighing myself everyday. Its always been my problem. You remember the commercial with the person chained to a scale, i think thats me. LOL.

I hope the snow doesnt affect your commute home too much, brr sounds cold. We're about 80 degrees here today which is wonderful (not trying to rub it in). I hate the winter thats why i moved from NY to FL about 2.5yrs ago.

I get the chills just thinking about single digits weather. brrr
Let's hope your 80 degree weather holds through late March when we'll be spending a week and the "most expensive place on earth"

We lucked out with great weather the last time we ventured to Disney a couple years ago, so we're hoping it will be a repeat performance this year...

I love seeing all the snow, as it makes my job easier (more snow, fewer fires), but I don't relish driving in it...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #29  

Dan if snow means fewer fires then its worth it.

I'm sure it will be around the 80's here in march so you shouldnt have a problem.

I love the "most expensive place on earth" that it is. We only went this past year for the 1st time and had fun but was shocked by the prices, the kids loved it but we're not going again until Dylan (my youngest) is atleast 18m but most likely when he's 2yrs old.

Lately I find myself defending the prices because i watched a few shows on how it is behind the scenes and it realy does look like it takes alot of $ to run that place.

Have you seen the bugs life show, "its tough being a bug" (animal kingdom)? Its the best, the kids screamed from the darkness and loud sounds but it was definitely the highlight of the trip for the adults. Highly recommended if you havent seen it.

Last edited by Debbie24; 01-07-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:05 PM   #30  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone,

I went to WI today and was up 1 3/4 lbs. I can't blame anyone but myself. However, I am not going to let this gain get me down. I am going to stay POP today and see what I weigh on Wednesday.

I have a question. I have to have surgery on Friday and have my 4 wisdom teeth taken out. So, needless to say I will not be eating solid food for a couple days. My counselor says that I can do the meal replacement, fruit juice, and V-8. Should I buy the meal replacements or should I use Slim Fast? I asked and the the meal replacements are $13 for 4 of them. I don't mind paying the money if they are better than slim fast.

I hope that everyone has a POP day. I will check back in later.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote