Old 10-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default Losers and Friends - Oct. 6-12

Good morning ladies!!

It's the start of a brand new week... C'mon get up and at 'em.. We gots weight to lose!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all.

My goal - to keep in touch and post more often!

Lets make good choices this week!!!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:43 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. just got done grocery shopping for the last 2hrs. i was trying to make better choices than i have in the past few months. DH has gained about 10lbs since he's been back and since i'm prego, so have i. and with him being in the military, he's got to maintain a certain weight, so hopefully that will help me curb my crappy cravings too.
i've been feeling much better these past few weeks (still too tired to workout) but the eating is better. so now i just need to lay off all the carb and get back into finding a balance..and adding some veggies back in now that they are starting to sound good again.
i just bought a deep freezer (7.5 cft.) so once that arrives, i will be making a huge batch of my homemade spicy veggie lentil soup that i practically lived off of while DH was gone.

anyways. just thought i'd check in and say hi. only one more week until my first appt.
hope everyone had a good weekend. i was lazy and did nothing all weekend while DH was at drill. oops. it was nice and relaxing anyways.

enjoy the week!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Jillian - spicy veggie lentil soup - how do you make this? sounds yummy And for the record, its not "lazy" when you are pregnant, forming a child has to burn some calories, right???

My weekend went as suspected... lots of soccer and since I was running from game to game I missed several of my foods... I made good choices, but the portions were bigger to try to get my foods in and then I felt achy from being so full! Anyway, I'm up slightly, but still down - I've been starting every monday at 142 for the past few weeks and this morn I was only 139 which is only up 1lb so I'm sure it will be back to 138 by tomorrow. I want to end this week at 137 - light some candles for me!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

I am back. I was just so busy last week. I did a take off over the weekend and saw a small change. I was stuck at the same weight for more than a week. Need to get out there and get moving more.
My goal for this week is to get in 30 minutes of exercise each day. I saw this AM. So that's' a good start

Tan

petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #6  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Good afternoon everyone. I am blah. I know it will pass, but I hate the blahs. Ok, have to get some work done now
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #7  
Not Obese at 191

Hi Everyone,

The spicy veggie lentil soup sounds awesome Jillian, can you please post the recipe? And I agree "making a baby" must burn lots of calories !

I am with you on the 30 minute per day exercise Tan,,lets do this!

Hoping to have a POP week

Ana

Last edited by Ana08; 10-06-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Ana08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

the spicy veggie lentil soup i make goes something like this: (i don't use an actual recipe) this makes a huge pot. at least 12 bowls with 3cups in each.

cook 1/2 bag of regular lentils for about 15mins or until done, drain and let sit.

in a separate pot:

add a few tbsp of olive oil and also some non-stick spray
about a pound or so of baby carrots chopped in bit sized pieces
a few stalks of celery
1/2 an onion
3 cloves of garlic
season with a bit pepper, basil, oregano, cayenne pepper and cook until desired tenderness. (i like my veggies crunchy)

add a small can of low-sodium tomato paste
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 large box of veggie stock
1/2 bottle of low-sodium V8

season with more oregano, cayenne, pepper and basil

add a 1/2 bag of frozen grean beans, 1/2 bag of frozen corn, 1 can of black beans (rinsed--optional, i just love black beans in this soup)

add 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped

add the cooked lentils and adjust the seasonings to your liking. i like to make this soup rather thick, but feel free to add more V8 if you'd like.

i'm pretty sure that's the recipe that i follow. i just wrote it down here for the first time. its kind of a tomato/lentil twist on the 0 point weight watchers soup.

it's a great source of protein/starch/veggies. it's a meal! i love it.

Last edited by JLem311; 10-06-2008 at 09:14 PM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #9  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone,

The soup sounds good Jillian, I can't wait to give it a try. I am hoping to recommit to the gym this week, especially with Canadian Thanksgiving coming up this weekend. I know that I will most likely blow it once the turkey hits the table but if I can at least get in some excersise I can feel a little less guilty about it! Have POP week everyone!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #10  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone,

I'm back from Talladega (races) now, so today is my first day back OP. Wish me luck.
Does anyone know about how many calories are in plan 2 and plan 3.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Morning everyone

I had a ROUGH day yesterday. I Was on day 2 of take off and I pretty much screwed myself. We had some very bad news come at us and I went to old habits. I ate for comfort. I drove myself to pizza pizza, ate a huge slice of canadian pizza, onion rings and dipping sauce. The only "good"choice I made was coke zero.

I feel like crap. Even though I still managed to lose weight, I shouldn't have turned to food for comfort and now I am feeling ridiculously guilty.

My goal for the rest of the week is be perfectly pop. I packed my lunch today, and planned dinner so there is no wiggle room.

*sigh* why does weight loss have to be so hard?
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #12  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Jess - Hope everything is OK. In times of stress it is even more important to look out for yourself. While many things in life are out of our control, what we eat is something completely in our control. Hang in there.

You too Nicole! Our resident cheerleader is feeling down! We must rally to prop her up, folks. - Seriously, I hope everything is OK in Sunny St. Louis.

Jillian - the soup sounds great. I think I'll try it - although I'll have to find some containers to freeze it in - that makes a lot! I love black beans too, never would have thought that 10 years ago!

Well, it is stinkin' COLD here. We are refusing to turn the heat on, but I don't know how much longer I can hold out. My poor dog is freezing his butt off during the day. At night he just wants to sit in the chair with us for warmth! Last night he was under the covers with us - and he usually HATES that.

Gotta go - lots of work to do, and there's no school on Thurs or Mon, so I took Friday too, yay me.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

awwww, don't worry about me, Kim.....things are looking better today. It is 6 yo. b-day today. He is such a doll. I will try to scan a picture of him later and put it up. He is my little honey. We are going to celebrate tonight with just us at McDonald's playland. I know.....big deal right.....well, for our kids it is, so he is just tickled. We will then come home for cake and gifts. We will have a firends party for both boys in a couple of weeks at a park. I have to admit........much as I love to see their sweet smiling faces on their special days.......I am a bit tired of throwing B-Day parties. I realized today that I have thrown 49 kid's B-Day parties. And I have quite a few left to go.......... Oh, who am I kdding..........I love throwing the parties.....I just hate trying to fit it into the already hectic schedule.

Well, I hope you all keep working hard.......it is so worth it
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #14  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Jess I hope you're okay. Don't beat yourself up too much for the slip, just get right back on plan.

I have had a fairly long day today. I had a kid who had several mini-meltdowns over the course of the whole day. I guess it was better than him having even one full blown one but it sets all of my other students off and they in turn have bad days as well. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for all of them.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, I think smaller birthday parties are often more fun for the kids anyway. Have you ever seen that TV show called my super sweet 16 (or something like that) where these humungously spoiled children plan huge sweet 16 parties? It doesn't seem to make the kids happy and content, it makes them stressed out and awful to everyone, especially their parents.

When I was growing up, the big treat in my family was to pick what we would have for dinner on the night of your birthday. I do think that my mom let you pick from a short list of possiblities, but I always thought it was special that I was consulted, as I don't think we had any say over what was for dinner otherwise.... Each and every one of us kids always picked her fried chicken, but she made a big show of asking us if we wanted something else. LOL... My mom makes the best fried chicken though.

Kimphin, Stay warm! When do you normally turn on the heat? My sister is always trying to last as long as she can. Late fall it is a good time to get her to come for a visit... I lure her over with a promise of a warm house.

Jillian, I was just looking at a half of a bag of lentils that I have at home about 2 days ago and thought of your and your lentil soup. I will have to try that. With the colder weather a soup sounds very warm and toasty.

Jess, Oh gosh I've been there and done that a thousand times. The binge. It took me a long while to admit to myself that it was hugely self destructive to do that. I was not "treating myself". Why is it that we are so willing to spend time, money and effort on the food to comfort, but almost no effort in coming up with something else. For me it was always, oh I could never do that, even if it was something as simple as taking out 5 minutes to have a quiet prayer or meditation to myself when I was upset. But I had the time to drive to the drive through. No money for a massage or a manicure, but the cash for three big pizza's. Really it doesn't make any sense the choices I made... there is a world of healthy choices out there to make when we are upset that don't involve food. Food is not the cure all that I always thought it was, it is often part of the problem. Sure I was raised in a house where many of life's problems were treated with sweets... Of course I also grew up in a family where you have to be morbidly obese before anyone calls you fat (and we have plenty o fatties). So I guess we all have choices on how we want to live our lives, even if we were raised to half way believe that cookies must cure cancer or ice cream cures broken hearts.... I guess part of the weight loss journey is to take out these thought patterns that we have and examine them for truth. Is it true that eating that made you feel comforted? I suggest the answer is not for long. So next time perhaps we should all try something else. Sorry for the soap box long post, but I've thought long and hard about the whys of overeating...

Last edited by BarbaraB; 10-07-2008 at 09:15 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote