Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 AM   #31  
Mous

WTG Amanda....2 broken toes ouch! Do tell.
One pound is a lot. Remember that. Think about a pound of something like FAT! Gone forever, goodbye.

Well, we have a skiff of snow on the ground. Karen did you get any?

Flip flops...in my day they were thongs now those are "panties"!

Thank you for the kudoo's they are appreciated.
LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!

Amanda--- WOW still doing the elliptical with 2 broken toes!! That has got to be tough But you make me feel more encouraged to just keep going on the Gazelle! So far I've only worked up to 20 minutes on it. I got to push myself harder! I'm going to order the 3 DVD's from Tony Little's site 'cause I know they will be motivating! And you be proud of that 1 pound! I know I am so happy when 1 is gone because that is just one less that I need to lose!!

Windsong-- we got about the same amount of snow on the ground-- although it is still snowing but blowing so bad that I'm not sure how much they will say that we got! When I got up this morning it was 0 degrees and we have warmed all the way up to 2 degrees now!!

april and sweetlovin' ---- How are things going for you?

I hope everyone stays warm And Amanda-- I hope you stay warm in those 50 degrees!! Take care everyone!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #33  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Karen/Windsong - I really want to get all this fatty fat off of me - so 2 broken toes aren't stopping me - and I am in a 5K this weekend - but clearly I will only be walking in that!

Had another great workout tonight - as long as I have great music on my ipod, it's fairly difficult to keep me from having a good workout. It really puts me in another world....one where I enjoy the elliptical for over an hour at a time.

Ate well today and hope to see the scale move down in the next day or so...I'll take whatever I can get!

Well, off to bed! Night NIght!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:37 AM   #34  
Mous

Morning all,

Sure is cold out. Brr!
Had another great day with my eating. I CAN and WILL do this.

I really like the meal bars. Of course I have only tried one flavor!
The chocolate royale shake is divine as well.

Mind over matter today ladies.

Stay happy.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #35  

Yes, it is cold here! When I got up at 5:00 this morning to let the dogs out it was -20 degrees! But I think we have warmed all the way up to 11 now!! One good thing-- it isn't snowing YET!

Amanda-- WOW! You need to send some of that motivation this way! BUT keep plenty for yourself too! What kind of music do you listen to on your ipod? I don't have one yet but want to get one. I have always liked country music but now I'm thinking that I need something that is more "workout" friendly! I also like the old 50's and 60's Do you have any suggestions?

Windsong-- I like the meal bars too. Have you tried the Blueberry muffin bars? They are really good. The only thing is I have to be careful eating those or I find I want more than just one! And I like the chocolate Royale too. I usually have the French Vanilla (powder) with fat free milk and a cup of strawberries in it. Blend it in the blender and it is really good!

Well, evrybody have a good day. Be back later.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #36  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Karen - I listen to a lot of country on my ipod - right now I have both Keith Urban & Sugarland's new albums...as well as some newer pop stuff. I listen to a bit of Pink Floyd and some various rock-n-roll as well as some more hardcore stuff - but the country music puts me in place for a good workout as well...I just mix it up between all of those things. I love my ipod - I got it for my bday in November and it has definitely made gym life much better.

I love the Rich Chocolate Royale as well - I'm not even willing to try another flavor - that is my favorite and that is that.

As far as meal bars go - I have some from when I started, I'm trying to get rid of them - I find that the Fiber One Granola bars are much tastier and have a lot more fiber for the calories (9 grams!)...so I have pretty much switched over to those and don't think I'll ever buy any other SF product again besides the chocolate shakes.

It's in the 70's here...sorry it is so cold where you are - I couldn't stand that - but the yucky part here is it has rained all day today and is expected to rain all weekend...boo hoo!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #37  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Wow. I guess I missed alot! Lol.

I've been busy in work. Had to pull a 10 hour shift yesterday. By the time I got home and made supper, I was ready for bed. Factory work. Urgh. Not as bad as you would think. Usually. So I didn't work out yesterday at all. Well unless you count 10 hours of work. Heh.

I'm still avoiding that scale. 3 more days til I will check! I can last that long! I can. It's amazing how much better I feel already. More energy at work and at home. Now I just need to put that into exercise and I will be all set.
I did 20 minutes Tuesday night. Yays for me. I'm up to twice a week now. Slow and steady, right?

Went grocery shopping today with the boyfriend. Didn't turn out to bad. There are soo many different snacks available that fit into the Slim-Fast plan. I'm picked up some whole wheat pasta to try one night. Anyone tried it and liked it? I'm trying to keep supper about the same so he doesn't have to suffer as much. But I do try to put small twists to make it a bit healthier. Anyone have any ideas?

He did spot Cadbury Eggs though. I love those! I only bought one! And then ate it as soon as I hit the suv. A little binge-y? It's still 3 months til Easter and they already have them at Wal-mart! Sometimes I hate that store! Lol.

I'm soo glad you are all doing so well! Congrats!

I LOVE Chocolate Royale! Amazing!

I will chat again soon!

Take care for now!
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #38  
April

Oh. Does anybody know of any good workout videos? I have an elliptical now, but I want to mix it up some and add something else. I'm thinking about a class at the Y or our local base. What does everyone else do for exercise? I need motivation!!!

Please help?

Oh and what do classes cost?

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:39 AM   #39  
Mous

Morning,

April, you look that metal monster in the face and smile!

I ate yesterday! Stayed within my calories, but I didn't eat all that I should have that was healthy. I don't feel bad about it either! I know tht this will happen and I know that it could have been worse if I had let it. Actually it was my mom's fault for bringing it into my house....she would'nt take it back either....I tell her PLEASE don't....aw, she loves me and shows it with food.
As long as I am still thinking straight I will practice on not giving it....right ladies? LOL

Bitter cold here.

Today I take my dear mom to her doctor. You see she only weighs 78 clothed and we are trying to get her to GAIN weight! She is such a sweet person. She is the one in the picture next to me.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and I hope that my Doritos didn't do me in.

I have joined the reward program for SF and am busy saving my receipts and UPC symbols. Have until June so I will be there I AM SURE! CAn always use a $40 gift card.

Take care, ladies and have a warm, sunny day.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #40  

Hello Ladies, Well, I got on the scales this morning and lost 2 pounds this week! I was pretty happy since I really haven't exercise as much as I wanted to do this week! I just have to get a good routine going again. It is so hard to get back to it once you have been off of it for awhile!

Windsong-- it is really cold here too! I think that right now we have about 3 degrees. But at least it is above 0 for now! We've had snow off and on all day.

April-- I think if you go to the collegevideo site that they have some videos to use with the elliptical. I think that is where I found some. I have a Gazelle and I think I'm going to go ahead and order Tony Little's DVDs for that. It seems like he can keep you pretty motivated. I never knew he had been in such a horrible accident until I went to his website and was reading about it.

Amanda-- guess I need to go through some of my country CD's and see what I can really get movin' with! I do enjoy Sugarland and Keith Urban too!

Well, guess I need to get going for tonight. Everybody Have a Great Weekend!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #41  
Mous

GOOD morning,

I have joined Karen with her 2 pound weight loss. Kudos to YOU!

I can actually say I feel hunger in the morning. Even though it isn't a pleasant feeling it is a welcome one.

Off to the store today and I am going to get the blueberry muffins that you suggested.

Now, I have to work on exercise.....I don't do ANY!

Will check in later.

Stay happy and content.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #42  
April

WOW! I just purchased the Biggest Loser workout Cardio Max. It kicked my butt! I tried the level 1, which is 20 minutes long, and it is the best workout I have had soo far! I made it 15 minutes in and had to take a break! But I did finish it! Full of lunges and I can feel them already! I will def. be keeping this is my collection!!

Congrats on the two pound loss!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:04 AM   #43  

Hello Everybody--- Just a quick pop in here--- it is almost 11:00 pm and I was jsut reading some posts--- and I noticed my time and temp. deal said that it is 73 degrees here!!! Well, I don't know where it is being measured tonight but it is defintiely not 73 degrees here!! More like 10!! I'll check it tomorrow and if it isn't correct then -- I'll take it off!!! That is just too funny as I sit here freezing!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #44  
April

So I finally faced that metal monster... I lost 3 pounds!! Now that is really encouraging for the first week! This plan is so easy to follow, and now that I have TBL videos, I think it will be an even better week this time!

It's around 0 degrees here right now.

I'd love to be elsewhere. Lol.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #45  
Mous

Isn't it nice to see our losses?

Woo Hoo's to us all.

I took a SSF shake and some frozen strawberries and made it into a strawberry, strawberry SF shake.
Half way through drinking it I remembered I can't have strawberries....sure tasted good!

It feels like we are in the Anartic here. Brrrr! Oh for a fireplace.

Cleaning out things stored so I am busy.

Have a gr8 day.