Old 01-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #76  
Brighten

Height: 5.1

Default Neighbors

Hey Barb, just noticed you are in my neighborhood...well almost.

I live up next the the Canadian border...Lynden!

My first day on Alli was a good day...today (the second day) is a bit more difficult. I had a luncheon today...ordered a cup of split pea soup and ate half the bun that came with it...very high in sodium but okay otherwise.
I seem to be a bit hungry today and have a slight headache.

I am so determined to keep on this program. I pray when I start taking the pills Thursday that I have no problem with them.

Oh, I had one diet Pepsi yesterday and am nursing one today. I should clarify that I do drink the caffinated kind.

That Subway sand was a great choice Barb.

Brighten
Brighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #77  

Barb, Subway was a great choice! I had a McDonalds's cheeseburger! lol

Brighten, if you are cutting back on the amount of coffee and diet soda, that could account for the headache. Make sure you are eating enough calories so you won't get hungry.

Our local Christian radio station is doing a healthy new year program. It's not about losing weight, just making healthier choices. They are giving out healthy tips each day, and for people who signed up by last week, they are sending emails with tips, recipes, and I'm not sure what all. I haven't read today's email yet. I have volunteered at the station for their fund raiser in the fall and for a Christmas wish program they did in December. I got to answer the phones, and it was so much fun!!

I bought some fat free, sugar free vanilla ice cream at the store. Small bowl of that with part of a banana and a bit of chocolate syrup will be a nice treat on days that I have calories left to burn. lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #78  
Brighten

Default Thread?

Hi Tammy,
Why do I have such a problem following the thread?
Each time I come on here I have to search for the last post and am still not sure if this is the lastest one?

The ice cream sounds wonderful!

I am drinking tea in the mornings now but will enjoy a latte now and again.

Have a great Jan 16th,
Brighten
Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #79  

Height: 5'4"

OK girls, I am back...so busy yesterday with Yoga then driving 20 miles to buy food for Alli...All set now for sure.
Had high fiber breakfast this morning and plenty of food. Even nuts and a banana...Going to try their Pineapple chicken for lunch..

I don't usually eat lunch but early dinner around 4...but will have to change that now...and not snack all evening....

So happy to see my sis here...I love you sis.

Oh question, One of the meals calls for Cranberry juice...can a person switch to pineapple juice?...The things on the can say so close to each other...

Also can a person print out a journal page?I find the booklet too small and rather print one and put it on my refrigerator...

My best to all of you. Back later or tomorrow
Bionic Beach Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #80  

Brighten, I'm not sure why you have problems finding the posts. Maybe I've just been coming here for so long, I'm used to it. Maybe someone else can help you out. I had a small bowl of ice cream last night, and it was really good. It's Great Value brand that I get at Wal Mart.

Bionic, glad you are ready to go on your Alli trip to healthy eating!! I would think you could substitute the juices. I don't follow their eating plan, so I'm not familiar with it at all. I'm also not sure about printing out the journal page. I'm sure there has to be something you can use that would be bigger print somewhere.

Hubby and I ate at Red Lobster tonight. I tried to make good choices. I did bring half of my meal home, so that was a plus!! I honestly almost hope that I have a treatment effect because I have been a bit constipated. Too much information?? Maybe just a mild one to help me feel better. lol

Didn't make it to the Y today. I'll go in the morning. My goal was at least 3 times a week. I was there Monday morning and evening, and I was there on Tuesday morning. That counts as 3, but I'll definitely be doing more than that.

Hope to hear from everyone else!!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #81  

Hi Tammy, Hi Brighton.
Will I got too busy and didn't get to cook the Pineapple Chicken. Instead I had a low fat chicken sandwich. Bread only 80 cals for 2 slices plus 1 T. low fat Mayo...3 oz of chicken. finished up with 1/3 cup yogurt that I put about 1 T. diet Jello in....yum yum....oh and Ice Tea.

For dinner tonight no time to cook so had out of the freezer, Split Pea soup that I cooked turkey bacon and added...plus 8 ww crackers..Still nursing that glass of ice tea from lunch.

Must take time to drink more water...Maybe tonight in the water class, I will take in more water....smile

Tammy: The ice cream sounds so good...I will have a fruit icey when I get home tonight. I am scared that if I had ice cream in the house I wouldn't leave it alone....

All of you. Have a wonderful evening...Did any of you watch Biggest Loser Last night? It was very good....
Old 01-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #82  

Bionic, your meals sound good. Would you please come to my house and prepare meals for me???? Were you able to take in more water at your water class? LOL Sometimes that happens when you aren't expecting it!

I really don't do too bad with ice cream in the house. Hubby and I always have a small snack in the evening. He is supposed to eat several small meals a day because of health problems. He keeps forgetting that, and during the day I try to push food on him. Eating 3 meals a day is how we grew up, but now it's hard to change.

I have never seen the Biggest Loser. I rarely watch TV. Used to watch all the time, taped shows, and watched them later. Not sure when my big change came about.

I need to get to bed. I know the dog will have me up to go out between 4:30 and 5:00 in the morning. I don't like getting up, but at least he doesn't make a mess in the house.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #83  

Good Morning Ladies!! I've been to the Y already this morning. It felt great! I came home and took a shower, so now I am ready for whatever the day brings.
Lunch will be easy. Leftovers from Red Lobster yesterday.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #84  

Good Morning Tammy, Sis, and others.

Tammy: Red Lobster food sounds wonderful...We don't have one here or even a Walmart. I would like more shopping here at home because gas is getting so high. $3.45 a gallon now. You are like Brighton, getting up so early. Wow already to the Y and home...Good girl.

Brighton: I am thinking of putting our before picture on the site where a person can put them...what do you think?

I forgot to take my bottle of water to the pool last night and hate to really drink the pool water. Sure got a good work out though. Hard to wait until Monday to weigh in, but I will.

Thursday is my day with some of my daughters (I have 4). Only Mary today the others are out of town. Lunch (perhaps soup) and going to see "The Bucket List". The movie should be very good with two real stars in it.

Shopping at Costco, Winco, Bed, Bath and Beyond and Beauty Supply.
I need to buy a food scale today. So hard to guess on weight of food.

I had toasted, 1 ww Bagel / 1 T. Peanut Butter and sliced Banana on top plus cup of Herb Tea for Breakfast. For dinner this evening I plan to have Crunchy Ham, Cheese and Veggie Stacks with peaches and 1/2 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese.

Be back later to check on you guys...enjoy your day.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #85  
Brighten

Default Finally made it home

Hi All,

We had a very busy day today but got an early start so was back home in time for lunch - DH always wants to eat out but I said NO...much easier for me to stick to program when I eat at home. We do have a dinner date Monday night though.

Sis, you and I had the same thing for breakfast! Yes, go ahead and put our picture on the sites...okay with me. It will be fun to put a new one up when you come up to get your new puppy~!

For lunch I had a roll (only 110cal and 2F) I found at the bakery in our local grocery store...turkey (Deli), pickles, tomato, lettuce, mustard and mayo (low fat)...good lunch.

Went to REI to get a new rubber tip for my walking stick (lost it a couple days ago) so now I can walk outdoors again!

Second pill of the day...no reactions.

Brighten
Old 01-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #86  

Bionic, the Red Lobster we go to is about 20 miles from here, so that isn't bad at all. I'm glad Wal mart is closer. I bought gas this morning for $2.89. Still high but at least it is less than $3.00. How was "The Bucket List"? I would like to see it.

Brighten, lol. I am the one who always wants to eat out in our family!! Do you sisters live near each other? My brothers both live about 20 minutes from me in our hometown. We lived there too up until 2 years ago when we downsized.

Hubby and I just had a snack of the SF/FF ice cream, 1/2 banana each, drizzle of choc. syrup. I journaled all of my foods for the day, and I am under my maximum again. When I am exercising, I don't worry too much if I go over a little bit on the calories.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi all, I am thinking about Alli as well. I actually had it in my cart and Sams Club tonight and I put it back. It is so much to spend. I have been eating a low fat low cal diet for all of Jan. and am wondering what kind of results you are all seeing. Is it worth the money? I have lost about 7.5 pounds in the first 17 days, but I am really thinking about taking it. I have already read alot about it but there is not alot out there in the way of success stories. Can anyone with a little experience give me an idea of what I could expect while taking it? I am 192.5, 5'5" tall and I carry all of my weight in my stomach and very little any where else. Any advice or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #88  
Brighten

Default miles

Hi Tammy,

Sis and I live two states away...I live in NW Washington and she lives in NW California...

I will have to wait a while before purchasing the SF/FF icecream but it sure sounds great!

I had to make two desserts for our small group tonight meeting at our home...not too tempting for me since I made things that are not my favorite.
I will drink a cup of hot tea whilst they pig out!

Have a great tomorrow Tammy.

See the rest of you tomorrow.
Brighten
Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #89  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighten View Post
Hi All,

We had a very busy day today but got an early start so was back home in time for lunch - DH always wants to eat out but I said NO...much easier for me to stick to program when I eat at home. We do have a dinner date Monday night though.

Sis, you and I had the same thing for breakfast! Yes, go ahead and put our picture on the sites...okay with me. It will be fun to put a new one up when you come up to get your new puppy~!

For lunch I had a roll (only 110cal and 2F) I found at the bakery in our local grocery store...turkey (Deli), pickles, tomato, lettuce, mustard and mayo (low fat)...good lunch.

Went to REI to get a new rubber tip for my walking stick (lost it a couple days ago) so now I can walk outdoors again!

Second pill of the day...no reactions.

Brighten
Welcome! I just have to say that your Maltese is the cutest little thing!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #90  

Hi All. Back from town and dinner all over.

Tammy: The movie "The Bucket List" was very good. Serious in places but also so funny in other places. Jack Nickleson said one thing that was so cute. "When you get old you have to remember 3 things. 1. Here I forgot what he said, will have to check it out. I was two busy laughing at the other two things. 2: Remember never to pass by a Rest Room and 3. Remember when you fart, it may mean more than you think.
The language was more than I really like but then again they played two very different men who look at life very different from each other, Go see it. Makes a person think.

My sister and I are very close knit. We are all we have left in that part of the family. We live a little over 700 miles apart but Email sometimes 2-4 times a day.

Sis: Will try to get the picture in tomorrow. Glad you got the rubber on your cane. I miss you.

Jamie: Welcome ! check back Monday when I weight in and I will tell you how I did. I want to weight in but will wait until my first week is over. My sis and I are new on Alli this week.

Nicole: Glad to have you with us too...