Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #121  

HI there everyone,
Spiritangel: try not to be too hard on yourself. It is HUGE to have not binged for eight days! Sometimes I try to remember what I was doing before any of this and need to remember that really, I am doing really well. Cut yourself some slack and hop back in the saddle (as it sounds like you already have!). I got up early this morning and made turkey meatloaf for the week-yum!

Maryblu: I have also benefitted from being diligent about writing my food down. I consider recording it online "writing it down". FOr awhile I was using the forms in the workbook to also have a visual to hang in my kitchen. It has a separate place to record "unplanned food"...that may help some people with more accountability as well???

Sue: I am the queen of shoveling food in too quickly! I have to be so mindful while eating to remember to slow down teh whole time. I am good for a few bites and then get distracted. You had mentioned the book 'Mindless Eating" and they have that "Mindless Eating Challenge" (you may have pointed that out as well) and one of the strategies it gave me was to put my fork down after every single bite and pick it up again after the food from bite 1 is down. Why is this so hard for me? Habit probably and also I am sometimes in more of a hurry than I should be in the morning. I also don't have/make much time in my life to read and I love to read while eating my cereal in the morning. I get a bit bored really only focusing on my Special K and applesauce! (You can read that last sentence in a whiney voice if you like! )

Doggie is here with me. He was very anxious when I was going to leave him at the animal hospital again (I visited and talked to the vet) so they called and I went back to get him. He is not doing great but I am keeping him comfy and painfree and hope that he is healing. What an emotional roller coaster.

My plan for eating worked out so well today. I didn't even have to worry about what I was going to eat, brought my lunch with me to the hospital and ate lunch in the car. Will do the same for tomorrow and also get a workout in tomorrow.

Goodnight.... til tomorrow, Heidi
Old 01-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #122  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi team,

BRRRR! It is bitterly cold here today. -14C is not too bad in itself, but the wind chill was astoundingly bad and has been for the past several days. luckily, I like to exercise inside No doubt MaryBlu will be laughing at my wimpiness Things were indeed a lot worse when i lived further north and east (Montreal, also New Brunswick) and my in-laws in Newfoundland get this stuff well into May.

So far so good this week and hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow morning. Thanks to all of you for your support and great ideas!

Sue - wonderful thoughts on slow mindful eating. I heartily agree with all you said! Today DH was asking me what i gained from all the crazy exercises I did this week ... skipping lunch, putting extra food on my plate, etc. and I preached a sermon on the value of mindful eating and awareness of comfortable fullness. I had to suppress a giggle as he suddenly stopped shoveling food into his mouth LOL!!!!

Congrats on your consistent weight loss and your loyalty to Beck despite cravings and food thoughts!!!!!!!

Wendy - Welcome! You are doing a terrific job with responding to sabotaging thoughts. I think you will be able to do exactly what it takes to succeed! i am almost 40 as well let's make this year our best ever!

Bill - Congrats on continued good eating on your trip! Sorry to hear about your pedometer. I totally hear you: "I want to think like a thin person, but not all the time." I am suspecting that once we ingrain these habits, we will not need to *think* like a thin person quite so much as *behaving* like one ... but until then, constant vigilance!!

Heidi - So sorry to hear that your puppy is not feeling well, but I'm glad he is home with you. Continued prayers for you both and virtual hugs!!! I know what you mean about eating and reading. I LOVE doing that and it's tough to stop. Even tougher for me is getting off the *#^@ computer and reading a book instead!! So I am struggling along with you.

Sue #2 - I know you will get right back on track. Good for you for thinking Beck right away, listening to the audiobook, etc. and not letting this derail you! You can do this!!

ok everyone, must get to sleep - Mondays and Tuesdays are killer busy for me this term. Thank goodness for preplanning meals and the blessing in disguise of not having a whole lot of time to sit and eat!!

cheers
Erika
Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #123  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Monday - Frigid Martin Luther King Day

Diet Coaches - Instead of going to the gym, I watched the NE Patriots win the AFC and head to the Superbowl. But I didn't consume football-watching foods. Strange that I feel less guilty because the Pats won. Did my walking; thanks to the magic of a thermal first layer, walking in frigid cold is refreshing, not bitter. [Spell checker recommends that I correct that to "superb owl," LOL.] DW and I shared the beginning of a Jane Austin movie last night; I lasted until the ladies went shopping so they'd have something to wear to a party, somewhere in the first five minutes of the film, then fell asleep. I hope they continued to talk to each other and shop successfully for the rest of the flick - I wasn't there.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Kudos for keeping to your healthy lifestyle during emotionally stressful times. Continue to send my best healing thoughts for you, DD, and Henry.

Erika (eusebius) – Keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh in this morning. Right on: I want to act like a thin person, but think like an active person.

Sue #2 (SPIRITANGEL) - Kudos for getting right back on track and right back to listening to your Beck. And kudos for figuring out the importance of your eating to prevent a binge. Keep the faith, you're doing good stuff.

wendy (wendylan) - Great swimming there. It's such a Beck-like strategy to sign up for the rec swim for the boys so you can do your laps. Kudos to you.

Readers - "Cravings always go away, and there are things I can do to make them go away faster. I don’t have to give in to them." Beck, pg 13.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #124  

Hello fellow Beckers,

The plan was to post Day 6 but I am taking a vacation day from "ought to do my tasks". So tomarrow I'll get that posting done.

Yesterday we played by going to Napa Ca and visiting Copia-entire museum which focuses on wine and gourmet food. Took a cooking class and was also able to eat the result. A very pleasant meal which was paired with 3 wines-about 1 1/2 ozs in each glass. The portions were very small I was ok by DH really need more. The small but yummy portions really help me eat slowly-I better savor this as soon it will be gone. The whole thing was glamorous and (bit pompous) reality game back when we stopped at Walmart- where all the vineyards workers shopped.

Many thoughts about enjoying foods, making multi stepped gourmet meals, learning to live with small but rich portions. There are so many attitudes and emotions attached to food, and what are those so buried within me that causes overindulgence? Why are we one of the fatter countries? Why am I one of the fatter folks around? No answers but just food for thought while I learn my Beck behaviors.

Had a 3 lb gain in one day, I know that is water-so it will soon be gone. But cheeze body was that really necessary?!!. I know I did not eat 3x3500 cal for a 3 lb gain.

Wendylan- much good stuff by you. I love swimming-It has really helped me get fitter. I also have to work on replacements for binges-something that gives my emotions that "Now I feel Better feeling." I am kind of stiff upper lip doing this-no binging but feel "whiney" while fighting the desires. I have not found a truly mind satisfing replacement yet. Let me know your successes.

Sue#-While frustrated with yourself, glad to hear you get back to planning for the day. Over one of week of no binger-one blip and now back to the plan-Great for you. Like on working on preventing the repeat of the mistake than beating myself for the mistake. Took me a long time to learn that trick.

Heidi- I have to agree that Speical K can be a bit boring-just kidding would a few craisin for texture help? Exotic food are easier for me to remain mindful- especially my treats. It is just a habit-no deep psychological meaning like some craving- but still a darn hard habit to change.
It is clear all of us are rooting for a better Henry!
I have learned so much by the daily recording of food/ the calorie count. I have not charted the unplanned foods seperately. Like that idea of getting ideas of what/when/feelings during some unplanned eats. Much credit for your strength of remaining on your eating and exercising program!!!

Erika-Hey you hardy North Country Woman-All that weather has to add more character to you unlike the whiney Californians that complain when the temperature dips to 44 degrees. Mindless eating- my DH can do land speed records in eating a meal-and I have even beat him in the past. Now he is trying to slow down also. Sound like you are doing well on the program and doing the meal preplanning. Hope you have a great weigh-in!!!

BillBE-much credit in that you always seem to figure out a way to do some exercising. You belong to a small select group of folks who can watch football on TV with no standard all American foodball treats. Thin folks. You are doing great.

Hey Marblu-how are you?

sue

Last edited by coastalsue; 01-22-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

Thank you everyone for alll the great feedback,I am having a good day today.Followed the points and walked on my treadmill 45 min.Much too cold here to go to the Y for a swim.Although I think perhaps my treadmill is going to give out.I kept inching the speed faster and it wasn't going faster.My DH looked at it and we found that when we raised the incline it would hold the speed but not at level,hard to walk on that incline.It is old.
I found it helpful to keep my advantage cards next to my bed and before I get out of bed I read them to start the day off right.I have an alarm that gradually brightens the room that I wake up to,it is great for these dark cold days and it is also effective for seasonal affective disorder.
Some of the top advantages on my cards are,relieving the pain in my ankles and feet,have more energy,look good in my bathing suit especially for the beach and water parks we love to go to,be able to wear regular size clothes,and to feel in control and at peace with my body.thanks for listening wendy

Last edited by wendylan; 01-21-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #126  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Tuesday - Still frigid

Diet Coaches - Looking for points. Here's the story. Went for a walk in the frigid temps, decided to stop at Whole Foods and take no samples of FREE food, just to make a list of what I turned down and report that to my diet coaches. Sort of like Beck's skip lunch on hunger day exercise. I was psyched about collecting my good-Becker points. Well, I skipped the ice cold apple cider right at the front door with no difficulty since I'd have to take off my gloves and I wasn't yet thawed out enough for that. Then walked the entire store - there was no FREE food. None. No cheese, no olives, no grapefruit, no special crackers, no Cape Cod potato chips, no couscous at the deli counter, no smoked salmon. Nothing. Nada. Arrrrrrrrgh [ Can I at least get partial credit for showing up?]

So, I bought a small jicama since I didn't even know what they looked like; had to ask. DW put thin slices on our salad for dinner. They're sweet and crisp, somewhat like apple.

Bought a new pedometer at list price at CVS so I'd have my security blanket to clip to my belt when walking. CREDIT moi.

Sue (CoastalSue) - Happy vacation day from "ought to do my tasks," LOL. Your cooking class sounds like a kick; congratulations for doing it so well. I do enjoy your "food for thought."

MaryBlu - Sending warm thoughts to thaw you out.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Sending best thoughts for you, DD, and Henry.

wendy (wendylan) - Kudos for your treadmill workout. Your Advantages, "to feel in control and at peace with my body" resonate with me also.

Sue #2 (SPIRITANGEL) - Sending encouragement for your determination to stay on plan.

Readers - "Eating a reasonable breakfast and lunch is important so I won’t overeat at night.” Beck, pg 13.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default The Warmth of Beck

Well, fellow Beckies, this may be a stretch, but you know what high regard I have for the BDS. My blood must be as thick as Vaseline, 'cuz yesterday I was outside shoveling, chipping with just a quilted vest on...and gloves, of course, but no hat..and thinking it was balmy.....no wind, and 6 above Positively balmy....and yeah, my brain is frozen, and I am batty! (must be those advantage cards...thinking how many calories burned staying warm......told ya it was a stretch!)

BillBE, you get points with me, pal! Good intentions count!

Sending warm thoughts to all; I am so enjoying not feeling stuffed and feeling lighter......I feel lighter, not necessarily thinner...wierd, but I am clear that is how I feel.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #128  

Hi folks,

had a good day again sorting and re-doing stuff around the house-got 2lbs off the the 3 gain. Big, Big credit for swimming today-1st it was raining and that always lower the poor temp ( it is outdoors) then it stopped and the wind picked up to further lower the temp of the air and water- only in the high 40's when I swam-I really moved in order to get warm and keep all parts of my body in the water at all times.
Don't know if I'll be able to post tomarrow as gone until after 10PM Going to hear The Burbeck Bros after working.

Here is Day 6. Meet with your diet coach.

why:1. Keeps you motivated. 2. Builds your confidence. 3. Helps you solve problems. 4. Keeps you Accountable. 5. Helps you take a more useful prespective.

How to find a coach
1. family or friend. 2.Form a Beck group. 3.Join an ongoing group. 4. A diet professional 5, Internet support

What to Discuss
Changes in Weight
Successes
failures
When you are going into high-risk situations
When you have strayed from plan or a struggling with it
Struggling with doing all the daily tasks.

Well folks I feel this is the spot for me. Already tried a friend-great person but uncomfortable doing it. Some dear friends are a bit too judgmental-like "have you been bad today? Dh has patiently been thur sooo many diets plus some of struggle he has never experienced. He is supportive but mistfied by my diffculty. Nearest ongoing group is 2 1/2 hr round trip, tried to form a group-everyone flaked out.

sabatoging thoughts
I can do this alone. Reality- If I could have I would have already been thin.

Will I be critized for overeating Reality-everyone is supportive, been there and praises what you did do right and gives suggestons to help change overeating behaviors.

For me I like have the freedom of when I read and write the postings. Plus I just enjoy input from so many of us across the US and Canada. Thanks to all for being so responsive, supportive and informative-and fun to read.

sue
Old 01-22-2008, 11:05 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 227/200/175

I would like to have the group as my coach,I do go to the ww meetings and have friends at work for superficial support but I need Beck support.I started my day with a flat tire and got to work with my packed breakfast and lunch.A coworker asked if I wanted breakfast from the cafe.I ordered dry toast and eggbeater omlet with mushrooms,peppers and onions.What I got was a large omlet stuffed with cheese and topped with cheese.What did I do? Ate the whole thing!!First mistake not eating what I had planned and packed,second mistake not taking it back or throwing it away.Thought crossed my mind from Beck,better to waste food in the garbage instead of on your body,but I didn't listen.
Day got better,ate my appropriate lunch and dinner and used my break at work to read my cards.After work found out I found my bank account was overdrawn.The kids dragged me over to the Y and I did water fitness class,I never would have gone otherwise.
Coastal Sue I don't know how you do it swimming in cold like that,that is dedication.Probably burn alot more calories.I like the 85 degree water.Do you swim laps?How many do you do?
Maryblu your description is si different from Sues,she is swimming outdoors and you are shoveling and chippig ice.That burns alot of calories also.
Billiblueyes you deserve alot of credit for walking outside in the freezing cold and for your experiment at the store even if they didn't have food out.These are the kind of tests that proves Beck works.
Spirit Angel 8 days without a binge is really great,sometimes 1 hour without a binge is tremendous.I like the list in the workbook that gives lots of activities to distract your self.
Eusebius good luck at your weigh in,how did it turn out?
hbuchwald how are things going with your doggie?
I am preparing for the weight watchers weigh in on Thursday and I am packing my breakfast and lunch for work Wed. and I am going to eat it and not be swayed.goodnight wendy

Last edited by wendylan; 01-22-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #130  

Hello friends,
I need to tighten the reigns... I haven't been exercising (did go rollerskating tonight but it wasn't a 'deep tissue workout' since I was skating with my daughter most of the time)... I read my arcs but too quickly lately. I have been eating within my range of calories and nutrient ranges but haven't planned what I was going to eat in two days. Sabotaging thought: I am exhausted emotionally and physically and this is lower on the priorities list than the stuff I have been doing for my 4 legged dependent to help him beat this illness. Response: I have chosen to continue the skills in Beck in order to take care of myself in the name of optimum health. It is like on the airplane, I must put the oxygen mask on myself first and then on the dependents.

I am cutting myself a small bit of slack since it is a difficult time but at the same time worry that if I get into the habit of NOT doing any portion of my plan that that will become normal life and I gain weight again. This time really does feel different but history would say that I need to worry about falling back into bad habits. What is reasonable right now?
Read ARC's (I had my card by my bed and that worked well...it isn't there now but I will move it back), eat within calorie range, exercise for 20 min. tomorrow night, record food, eat slowly and mindfully. Okay, I wasn't going to but I am going to plan what I eat for tomorrow after I am done here. I am so tired and just want to go to bed but it will just take a minute or two... I will feel great doing that.

Diet Coaches: I also tried to have a friend be my coach...too hard to get her up to speed on Beck's day by day strategies... having you all as my coaches suits me much better! I also have lots of people who provide support in other capacities but yes, it is great to have a "Beck coach". THANKS all!

Doggie report: I thought that I was going to lose him for sure this weekend (so did the vet)..bottom line, he is home now and I am giving him subcutaneous injections of fluids that is doing wonders for his energy. He isn't eating a thing so that is horrible but his liver seems to be functioning again.. a miracle! This is going to go on I am sure so I don't want to bog the list down with the doggie details...at the same time, it is what is happening in my life right now and adds another huge challenge for me to stay with the program. I am a single mom as well which I LOVE...I am just spread a little thin right now (sorry about the pun...).

About the weather-we are whining about it being cold here in WA and it was 26 degrees when I went to work this morning... my bro in MN said that it got UP to 0 degrees yesterday-wow! Shoveling snow in frigid weather is a GREAT workout!

Goodnight coaches-you are the best!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #131  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Wednesday - Slightly warmer

Diet Coaches - At a neat lecture last night, I passed on a table of home baked snacks, except for one bite from DW's pumpkin spice cake. CREDIT moi. It's getting easier, but I still had thoughts about the food running through my head before I arrived, even though I had rushed away from the dinner table to get there. Looking forward to the day that my brain entertains something besides food. Lunch packed for work was wonderful: N.O. style red beans over brown rice and curried okra. I had cooked a big pot of both on Monday just for packed lunches. CREDIT moi. It does seem to be the case that healthy eating requires some preparation.

Sue (CoastalSue) - Big kudos for swimming in the chilly weather. And congrats for nibbling away another 2 pounds. Do you have some thoughts about guidelines for being online diet coaches? Have you ever read any suggestions from Beck? Just thinking here that we all could benefit from coming up with some ideas. Perhaps it starts with attentive listening and feedback. Includes suggestions on how the Beck strategies might be used. But I get unclear, for example, about how far to chase after people who aren't posting. If I was a RL diet coach, I'd call; that might be just what they needed to get back into making contact, and even if it weren't, it would be a private call. Here on 3FC, I don't choose to post their names because it's public even though I wish to send them the warm gentle reminder that I'm thinking about them. What do you think?

MaryBlu - What an image - MaryBlu chipping ice without a hat in 6 degree F cold. LOL, does the blu in your name refers to the skin while outside during MN winter?

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Super kudos for keeping your priorities straight under duress. What a great way to say it, "I must put the oxygen mask on myself first and then on the dependents." Healthy eating and exercise will contribute to your mental health to help you handle your major stress load. I wish you well on making choices to stay on your plans while making some concession to your current time bind. Continued good thoughts your way for you, DD, and Henry. I hope the uncertainty about puppy is not taking a toll on DD.

wendy (wendylan) - OK, I accept my role as being one of your online diet coaches and I ask you to be one of mine. Kudos for your clarity in seeing your actions on the breakfast. For me it's just amazing how easily I can be distracted from my plan and head down an old path with no major benefits except being familiar. And more kudos for the water fitness class; most of us mere mortals are quite happy with 85 degree water.

Readers - "If I don’t follow a nutritious diet, I’m more likely to cheat." Beck, pg 13.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 PM   #132  

Hi there coaches,
I ate 5 cookies today! One was a big peanut butter one (my favorite kind...) that a student gave me since it was his birthday treat. Why couldn't he bring those icky storebought cupcakes that most kids bring that I say a nice thanks and then quietly put into the garbage without a second thought afterschool? You can see how it is my student's fault right? hahahaa. Then, because I am a teacher and attended the skate party, the PTA prez gave me 4 homemade choc chip cookies. I was alone with them in my classroom and was this close to giving them to the four kids in my room who stayed afterschool for tutoring. But no.... I ate them all. That was it and it is over and I went right back on my eating plan, recorded the cookies and feel better telling you all about it. Heidi vs cookies round 1 goes to cookies... The peanut butter one was so worth it and I savored every single bite of it. The others were not as good as I thought that they would be (didnt' stop me from eating them though)... they tasted so heavy and sugary. That used to be a plus in a food for me!

The advantage on my cards that is really speaking to me lately is: "I want my actions to be in line with my vision of my ideal self." I love that one and that is the one that pops up during the day in my mind.

Hard to think about any guidelines that would fit for everyone's needs. Do others have ideas about any? I feel like I get what I need in a coach from you all. What would you want from the group if you were on hiatus from posting?

Off to do my little workout before hitting the hay.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone, Heidi
Old 01-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #133  

Hey! I just noticed that I have "junior member" by my name... I don't think that was there before. Did I earn a promotion in the group? Hahahaa.. seriously, is there some system that measures how many posts you have made to the group? Sue and Mary have "senior member" and Bill has no label at all... is that because you are in maintenance Bill? Just curiuos.

Goodnight, Heidi
Old 01-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #134  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday - Only 10 hyping days till the Super Bowl

Diet Coaches - Or 337 shopping day till Christmas, if you'd rather, LOL. Yesterday was warm enough for a walk at lunch even without wearing a thermal first layer. I walk past two small stores that display whole fish on ice in the front window. Whole fish always look fresh and healthy to me like they just arrived from the fisherman's boat. A goal for today is to collect tax info from my dentist's office and from my pharmacy; only 80 angsting days till April 15th for those who file US tax returns. Oh Well.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - BIG BIG Kudos for cutting yourself some slack for the cookies and getting right back on track. That is Beck through and through. Glad that the peanut butter cookie was worth the detour.

If I "were on hiatus from posting" I'd want to feel that I could just post without having to explain my hiatus - just welcomed as me here now. That's the feeling I'd like to send out to anyone who hasn't posted in a while and might find reentry difficult. So perhaps we can recognize that as a guideline:
You don't have to explain a hiatus; just post starting with today.
I don't know the rules for automatically generated labels under our names. I do know that you can go to your profile and change it to anything you want, as I obviously did. I had wondered at what age I'd get labeled "senior member", LOL, but I looked at the profile of one "senior member" and they were in their twenties. Maybe a passing monitor will enlighten us.

Readers – “I have to make time for dieting and exercise.” Beck, pg 13.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #135  

Hello everyone,

missed posting but had an excellent full day. I have started a tutoring group at our local library-as a retired teacher really wanted to do that-We are large but lightly populated county in Calif and the funding for school is poor-that is true for Calif in general. Plus then got to hear the Brubeck Bros play increditable jazz-such professional skills and creativity.

surprise, suprise even lost 2 more lbs so now I am now 314 so soon I get to move my tricker-I am so yoyo I tend to wait until the loss stays off for 3-4 days. I am very eager to get under 300's. My goal for this year is to get under 250.

Heidi-cookies and the end of a teaching day. I was so suprised how tired I was even after the tutoring session. I remember utter exhaustion some days after school. Almost to tired to walk to the car- and still needing more planning for the next day to be done. Your response after eating the cookies was soo commemendable!! acknowledge, record, forgive, and get back on the food plan. I have these occasional wierd moments which I am kind of like outside looking at myself eating food which I really don't like that much just because it is there and -this is usually when alone and when it is in front of my nose. For me being tired or really angry are the two biggest factors in such moments. Got any ideas about what you were feeling? I also was wondering you were a "junior". It is a mystery. Your advantage card is beautiful written- to have actions in line with my vision of my ideal self. A concept which can apply to our food, conversations, attitudes and actions. Very thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

BillBlueEyes-Have really pondered you questions for guidelines about our roles of being diet coaches here. We are more like a self help group without professional experience and as such each poster and/or reader may be a different place in these changes to permantely accomplish weight loss. Each of us has our timing about coping with the stumbling blocks to making changes. For me the first step was full acknowledge to myself I needed to change- then to succesfullly work on the Beck steps requires that I need to do acknowledgment and self analysis when not able to complete them. Some time I am up to it and sometimes I am not. But I do know that more I put into the postings, the more I get out of it. The hugh wonderful constant has been how positive all responses have been and the sharing of ideas and solutions.
Your daily postings have been a increditable help to me-I read them even when I was not following my food plan but felt a connection and pull to return to the Beck program just reading them- Plus your work has kept this forum alive-hugh hugh credit to you !!
About contacting others and encouraging them-I think it is a fine idea if that is something you like to do. Every posting I have read from you has been positive and unjudgemental-you contact will be likewise-how they respond is based up their needs of the time. Your continual postings and work at keeping this forum current and easy to locate also help everyone to join in when ready. Plus you keeps us going on for those who(me) don't have clue to start a new thread at the end of the month.

Wendy-what a day to start with a flat tire-then inspite of your best intentions, cook changed your order. And you still swam and followed your plan for the rest of day. Plus you focus was to solve the unexpected eating than letting them sabatoge you. That is a big one for me not to "blow" the whole day. Much credit!! Our pool runs in the low 80-I would like 85 for my joints but it is never that warm- more like 81-83 degrees. Today I was in the water for an hours-back to old time before Christmas. Felt Great. One of my best antidepressants. Hope all is well .

To everyone, YOU all are great and so much fun to read the posting-kind like the OA slogan at the end of meeting-keep coming back and posting it works!

sue

Last edited by coastalsue; 01-24-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Closed Thread