Old 12-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default Happy New Year To My Old Friends!

I'm not sure who's still here and who's not, but I wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. As you may have heard or not, there's been a bit of change in my life and I haven't been able to log on to the computer.

On August 31 (my birthday weekend), I was laid off from my job. I decided that this was the push I needed to get some experience in my new culinary field. Since I still needed to pay the mortgage, I couldn't get a job as a line cook for $10/hour, so I got a job as an assistant manager at Panera Bread. I figured this would give me some management experience to add to my resume. The job's not bad, but the hours are 50-55 per week. And this is in addition to the 16 hours per week I spend at school. So this means not much time for the computer, or worrying about any special nutrition plan.

But doing "whatever" doesn't work for me either. I feel like crap when I eat like crap. So I have spent the last two weeks preparing myself mentally for the challenge of getting back to what I was doing. I have come up with menus for the different schedules so that I am prepared to keep myself healthy. These are daily menus for days that I have school in the morning, and work at night; school in the morning and no work; opening shift at work (where I am in at 4 a.m.), etc. If I stick to the basic guidelines I believe this will work.

I am planning on taking the good things I learned about eating in a balanced way from LAWL and incorporating those guidelines into counting WW points. My downfall with WW was that I would have 5 light beers for 10 points and then continue to eat junk. But with the balanced eating I learned from LAWL, and the banked points I can use for all the sampling I must do in culinary school, I know I can be successful.

Happy New Year, all!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

CASSI! Oh wow, I know there are many of us who are so happy to hear from you!! Your schedule sounds horrid, but when you are following your dreams, you have to do what you have to do!

I hope you find more time to get on here, it really does help to get you back on track. Your new plan sounds like it will be the best for your hectic schedule.

So good to hear from you!

Last edited by amylou7777; 12-31-2007 at 03:25 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #3  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Wow, what a surprise! It must be the New Year because a lot of our veterans are returning! Good for you for deciding to make time for yourself with that hectic schedule.

It’s good to see again.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Cassi!!! Great to see you.. Try to post when you can, but I think we all know what it's like to get overwhelmed! Sorry about your job, but it sounds like you're taking the bull by the horns!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #5  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Cassi!!!! So good to see you. You have been missed dearly around here. Bummer about your job, but it sounds like you have things working out for you. Your schedule exhausted me just reading it. I am glad that you are trying to figure out a way to work things out food wise. You know you will feel better eating the right way. We understand if you don't hang out with us anymore, but please don't be such a stranger!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yahoooooo Cassie! And Nicole isn't even here to see it. LOL. I was thinking about you just yesterday. SO great to see you. Good luck with your plan, and pop in from time to time. It is nice to hear what you are up to.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hi Cassi! Good to see you again!! I'm sorry about you losing your job, but I'm glad that things are working for you at Panera Bread. Good Luck to you, and keep in touch!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Cassi welcome back!!!!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #9  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey, Cassi!

I've been gone from the boards since summer also. I finally decided it was time to kick myself back into gear.

Hope you can stop in every once in a while. I don't know how you manage such a busy schedule, and with kids too. You, go girl!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Cassi,
Glad to hear from you. I have thought about you often and I know that others have as well. I am sorry to hear about your job loss, but you know what they say - sometimes when one door closes a new one opens. And you were already opening the new door with your schooling. You plan sounds great and as we all know, planning is the most important first step back in the weight loss journey.
Take care,

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #11  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Cassi - SO great to hear from you! I'm so sorry about the curves that life has thrown you, but I'm so proud of you for pursuing your dream!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #12  

Cassi -- with my center closing I know that I can't do this on my own. I am going to a WW meeting this week and also will use the healthy eating ideas I learned from LA and incorporate them into the WW points system. I need the accountability of going to a center and weighing in. Good luck to you and to us all!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #13  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Cassi,

It was a shock to see bizlawchick on a thread that wasn't a sticky at the top or one from months ago. Sometimes we just need that unexpected kick in the butt to change the way we're living our lives and get it on the right track. As for someone who works the crazy schedule (yes your body does get used to getting up to be at work at 4am, it actually happens ) I can assure you as long as you plan, plan, and rely on convinence packed foods you can do it.

More importantly after 18 months on LAWL you probably could qualify to train the counselors if they still existed. You know you can do it, you are Cassi, you will succeed.

Plus it's Panera bread, you're making me envious here.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #14  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Well it's about dang time you showed up!! I did try to hunt you down, but no luck. I was planning a trip down to Florida and fully intended to you look you up! I actually even called your old office and what who I thought was the catering dude you were working with (the premade meals thingie), but no luck. Man, we missed you. I'm gonna PM Nicole, cause she was worried about you...many of us were.

I think your new plan sounds ideal, and I'm in the same boat...we've got to plan for ourselves first and foremost!! Your schedule sounds grueling, but your schedule was always over the top! You'll get through this and be all the better for it.

We missed you and are glad you are okay and still following your passion.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #15  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

YEAH!!!!! Cassi checked in. Guess it's the time of year we all remember why we started in the first place. Hope all is well with everyone. Great here. Guess too great judging from the gain! Back on track and DH is too so that helps a lot. Hi to all my buddies!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote