Old 01-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #91  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Crystal- We don't expect everybody to do personals, so don't feel overwhelmed about it. Just do what you can and just check in on a regular basis to let us know how you are doing. This is actually pretty slow, there are times we've had 400 posts in one week, then it really is hard to keep up.

Stacy- I would do what Amylou suggested, there are lots of different bars out there now. I had one the other day that was really good and the nutritionals were just about the same. I'm pretty sure it was a GenSoy bar and the flavor was mixed berries.

Angie- I love love love that pic of Cameron, he is such a cutie.

Tracey- Welcome to the group!

ok, tummy is starting to growl. I'd better get to bed before I detour to the fridge.

Last edited by MTdebster921; 01-03-2008 at 12:53 AM.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

morning!!! wow, I am the first one up. I have two days under my belt and am already down 2.2! I know most of that is water and eating out food that ..... lingered..... you know.... because there has been alot of "going" at both places...... ok enough.

I am not going to change my ticker until monday though that will be my weigh in day and I am only going to change the ticker on that day so I don't get caught up in the daily yoyo.

well it is off to Lunch Lady Land for me! I have done my flylady AM routine, and fit in 30 min of treadmill. now I am off to have some water and my breakfast.

Funny. I had supper at 4:30 last night. I have talked with several people who say that have stopped eating after 5 and have lost weight just from that. So I thought that would be a good cut off for me. But I lay in bed last night at about 9 and I was so hungery.... but now I feel fine and am going to have to go force myself to eat some breakfast.

I still haven't quite figured out how to eat at work. I get there at 8 and we have our lunch break at 10! then I don't really get much of a break until 2 when I get off. at 10 we can eat what ever we want from what we fixed for the day in the cafeteria. that doesn't help. but I am thinking that will be a good time to get in a bunch of my fruits and veggies. but then I am starving by 2....... yikes.....

ok. got to run,. see you all this afternoon.

POP!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #93  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all.

Tuesday - You can do this without the COD. Just stay tuned to this board and we will guide/incourage you. Be glad you didn't invest in the bars.

Congrats and Welcome to those who are just starting with this new commitment and Good Luck. Be sure to read the Sticky's at the top of this site for some valuable tips and information.

O.K. so yesterday starting on Plan 3 w/o the lites was fairly good. My Plan will be: 3P, 4V, 3F, 4S, 2D, 2Fat. I know there is some variation in them from what I have seen. So I will be adding .5 Protein, 1 V, 1 Fruit and 1 Starch. It seemed like a lot more food so I was happy witih the trade-off. My wallet will be also.

Hope everyone has a POP Day. Remember as Felicia says Make Good Choices Today.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #94  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all. I am back at work today until the 31st of Jan. It really feels weird to be here. I hope that they hire a new director fast so that I can get the heck out of here.

Welcome Tracy and Crystal!

Lettie- Sounds like you need some protein with all of those fruits and veggies, huh?

Stacy- The Kashi Go Lean bars are good, just make sure you get the big ones, not the snack ones. The South Beach Diet ones are pretty good too.

Today I will shrink a little!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everybody!! Back to work for me today, ugh! I havent been here since December 17th!

Welcome to all the new people! This plan is great and it works IF you work it!

Angie!! Welcome back chickie! Cameron is adorable!

Katie!! Welcome back to you too! Lots of oldie but goodies returning to the fold! Great to "see" you guys!

Deb! Welcome back to you too!

Joni-I finally got brave and went and talked to our neighbor about her outside dogs. It was going to get down in the teens here and I couldnt sleep thinking about those dogs so I stopped and knocked on her door. My sister had an empty doghouse and I asked the lady if she could use it. I went and bought dogfood and straw for their houses and made her help me put everything in before I left. I was making sure those babies were taken care of before I left! Found out she lost her job and shes really struggling. I'm doing what I can to make sure the dogs are taken care of. The dogfood fairy is gonna drop food off occasionally so I make sure the dogs get fed :-) The boxers name is Gator and shes a sweetheart, gave me kisses all over my face! LOL The lady hugged me when I left and told me, its not often that somebody shows up out of the blue to show they care about you, then she thanked me. Made me cry!

Kimberly LOVE the haircut, adorable! My cousin just cut 10 inches off to donate to Locks for Love.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #96  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kim- You are an angel. How wonderful that you made sure that those dogs are taken care of.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Katie-I just kept thinking about my spoiled dog sleeping in her thermal jammies, snuggled in mommies bed and it about broke my heart! The lady told me her car is torn up, I asked her if she needed help getting it fixed, told her our church has a program to help people in the community that does things like that. She couldnt believe that somebody would help her. It scared me to stop, they are a rough bunch but she just needs help and for some reason God put her in my mind and I couldnt ignore it anymore.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #98  

Hi,
I have tried the Luna and the Pria bars. I found both at Walmart. The numbered plans sound like alot more food. Anybody know how many numbers and what they consist of and how they differ from the color plans?
Thanks
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Mornin' ladies & gents!!

Yesterday was my 1st day on the right plan and today at my morning WI i was down 1lb, not much but i'm happy with it since i shouldnt be losing much more than 1lb a week anyway because of breastfeeding. I'll be updating my ticker every Monday.

Lettie - i was going to ask at what time everyone has their last meal because i really try to get everything in by 7:30 the latest but with so much food & running after 3 kids all day i find it hard. I definitely try to have dinner at 7:30 but after that i would have a fruit or a veggie or something. I dont go to bed until 12:30am or so, so i'm figuring its not so bad.

Question -

What time do all of you have your last meal of the day?

Hope everyone has a POP day!!!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #100  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Amylou & MT Deb -- Thanks for the compliment on Cameron and his hair. It's hard to resist showing him off, and telling his stories. I appreciate the indulgence!

Tuesday -- Sorry about your center closing. I've stopped going to a COD, but the door at my old one was locked midday last week when I stopped by that area. I wonder if the Canadian ones will begin closing too?

Morning Lettie -- I used to have a friend who was a personal trainer and she always said that anyone could lose weight if they just stopped eating complex carbs after 5:00 each day. I think there is something to that, and what you heard. I find it hard to break the routine of carbs in the evening though, how about you?

Katie -- Going back to work when you know you are leaving, that has to be far worse than going back to any other job. Bleck. I hope it goes by quickly for you.

Kim -- Hi there! That is such a nice story about your neighbour and the dogs. You are so kind to have thought of them.

Tracey -- I'm not sure, because it's been quite awhile since I've been here regularly, but I think the numbered plans give you more exchanges, but smaller portions. I'm sure you'll get a more complete answer from someone else.

Debbie -- The latest we tend to eat dinner is 6:00-7:00 because my DS goes to bed at 8:00, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for bedtime routines. Sometimes we eat as early as 5:00 if I know my DH won't be home at regular dinner time anyway.

So, I had my first WI this morning, to get a starting point. I'm 10 lbs lighter than I was when I started last January...so rather than lamenting the weight I've gained back, I'll celebrate that I lost 10lbs in 2007, and try for better in 2008. I'm doing my FF today and tomorrow, with grapefruit, so wish me luck. I'm hoping for dramatic results...30-40lbs maybe? lol.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #101  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Lots of new and old faces around here lately - isn't that fabulous. We know we can do this because we've done it before and gotten lazy about our routines and habits. With the new year, I am recommitting to this plan. I have only been hanging on with one hand lately and with the holidays 5 pounds crept back on. I am going to hang onto this wagon with both hands now and lose the 5 pounds and get to my goal this year. That is my creed.

Someone asked what time we ate dinner - I usually have dinner between 5:30 and 6:30 and my last snack of the day around 8:00.

I have a busy couple of days ahead but will try to check back in later. I find that I am more mindful of what I eat when I'm accountable to someone. Since my COD closed - you guys are now my conscience. I've already been off plan this morning but will do better beginning right now!!

Later!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Default I Am Sooo Motivated!!!

Hello, everyone! I just had to post this morning...too excited...that I am down 4 lbs! I joined this online community on NYE at 147.5. And now I am already 143.5!
Of course, this is after 3 days of being intensity POP and w/i daily. Oh, and drinking water! I love this program and LOVE this community! The support you give each other is amazing! Thanks for answering any questions I have! I am really motivated now to stay on task. You know something, I have really had to watch everything that I TRIED to put in my mouth as I was cooking. No wonder they have us right everything down... I was doing A LOT of mindless eating and late night emotional eating after the kids were in bed.

Am I understanding correctly that there is no dropdown from Purple no lites plan???
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #103  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

HELLO ALL!!!! Thank you for the kind words and yep, I chopped off all my hair. You know.....had to do the POSH thing. Isn't it funny how most ladies chop off their hair when they've lost the weight? It's like we were hiding behind our long hair when we were overweight....what's that all about?

Anyway, have a great day everyone and stay POP!!

Last edited by winkie03; 01-03-2008 at 11:17 AM.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #104  
LAWL Salt Police

Evette.. How funny.. Liz did the same thing...

Tuesday... Don't give up on talking to the counselors.. I REALLY wish I had a COD to keep me accountable as I approached my goal.. It probably would have happened a lot quicker, even if it was over the phone.

Don't get me wrong.. The support and help this community has given Liz and me has been invaluable.. Don't know if I could have done it without y'all, but it also helped to have the Counselors as well.. The two combined kept me focused.

Welcome Tracey and Crystal (if I didn't welcome you before...)!!!!

Almsthere - Fantastic job on the loss.. The point is to maintain that POP intensity.. It's never going to be easy, but eventually it will become routine...

For you newbies to the plan, listen to your counselors when they tell you that you can't deviate from the plan at all.. This program really works, but if you cheat, even a little at first, it throws you out of whack!

Here endeth today's lesson...

I found out today that Rush will continue it's tour and will be stopping in Albuquerque.. I don't know when yet, but I've been doing a happy dance all morning!!!!!!!!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #105  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

WOW awesome job with all the losses this morning. I was also down 1 lb this morning. Feels good to be back on track. Even though I did go over 1/2 starch yesterday, I didnt screw up!!!

I am going today to buy my books for Spring semester. I cant believe Christmas break is almost over! My first class is Tuesday night. They are remodeling the science building so our classes will be in a leftover FEMA trailer from Louisiana. I'm sure that will be loads of fun...
Hope everyone has a great POP Day!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote