Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #76  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Omigosh, I never thought about pigtails! How cute! lol Thanks!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #77  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Katie -- It was scary how fast my habits changed. I'm finding my clothes don't fit anymore either, and I hated to have to ask for size 18 for Christmas. No more shopping for me until I'm down a size or two.

Joni -- Thank you about the picture! Cameron is turning 3 this Sunday actually. We are going to take a few friends and family to see a movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks) then back to our place for some coffee and cake. He's pretty excited, and has already found some of his birthday presents. I forgot about two little hockey sticks I bought, and he saw them in the car tonight. If you haven't had a dose of sweetness lately, I have to tell you he's just cuter than ever right now. He covers my face in kisses constantly, tells me he loves me about 10 times a day, and always wants 'huggies'. He just got the animated movie "Tarzan" for Christmas, and he copies some of the scenes. The cutest is when he puts his head on my chest to listen to my 'heartbeep'. Here's a picture of his latest 'cool guy' haircut. (It doesn't always look like this, but he feels so proud when we do this.)

Kimberly -- I didn't see your 'before' hair, but I really love your cut. Its very cute and stylish.

Last edited by Angie; 01-02-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #78  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Angie- He is the cutest thing! Love the hair cut.

Cecilia- Think positive, "C'mon, big losses, big losses, no whammies, no whammies!" Good luck at WI!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #79  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Thanks Katie! I know. I am just worried with all the Endulging! ha! So glad the holidays are over! Time to start anew! Whoo hoooo!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #80  

HI
I am new to this board. I really love this program because it is the only thing that has actually worked and changed the way I think at the same time. I am glad I found these boards you all sound great! I am on the Blue plan but am interested to know the corresponding color plan and how they differ.

Thank you
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #81  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh Angie - that picture is a riot. I wonder what he'll think of that hairstyle when he's 30!!???? LOL

I was watching the show "Extra" and they were talking about the new People magazine that comes out on Friday "Half Their Size." One of the gals lost over 100 lbs on - you guessed it - LAWL!!

Hi Tracy and good luck. You said you are on the blue plan so I assume you want to know the NUMBER plan. Sorry I cannot help you there since I stopped going to a COD a while back.

Cecil - don't fret your WI. I'll bet you'll do fine. Oh, the days of weighing in. When you least expect it, a huge drop and then when you are good for weeks on end, you get rewarded with a 1/10th of a lb loss. Sheesh!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #82  

hi all, you guys and gals are really active. I hope no one minds but I am going to do a brief bio. I tried to scroll through all the bios in the sticky to get to know some of you and get it all straight in my head, but got tired of trying to find it.
So, anyway..I am a clinical director/child therapist at a Rape crisis center in Kentucky. I am a 34 yo wife and mother of 2 girls. I am thinking about having one more child but waiting at least a year to try.

I probably won't have enough time to personally address everyone on the board, but will try.

thanks for welcoming me to the group.
Crystal
honey55bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #83  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hiya Crystal! Our numbers are pretty close to the same! That is always exciting to me! I started at 205.2.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #84  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Cecil- you will do fine with the WI. I was scared to go today but I was down and I am sure you will be also. Keep a positive attitude. That is what my husband keeps telling me so I figure I can share the attitude.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #85  

thanks cecil. we are the same height too!
honey55bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #86  
sscott

You guys are all so chatty lately...I can't keep up, but I love trying I don't have a lot of time tonight. My husband is waiting for me to come and watch the UNC Tarheel basketball game. We DVRed it until the baby went to bed.

Welcome Tracey! You came to the right place!

Cecil - I'm with you about WI. I haven't been in almost 2 weeks because I am afraid. Some the the counselors (and I use that word loosely) tend to lecture when you've been "bad" so i am going to wait until I am done with my TO first. It shouldn't have to be this way. I notice you are a fellow ND girl. Where about?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #87  
sscott

The reason in came on tonight was to ask a specific question, but I got distracted! I am currently using LA Lites and really enjoy them. They help with my sweet tooth, but I hate the price. I bought the ones I have on Ebay, but the demand must really be up for those because prices there have soared as well. I am thinking it is due to the pure centers closing. Anyway, I know Luna bars have been used as alternatives, but I am not crazy about them. What else have you guys used? Any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #88  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Stacy - I don't have an answer to that one, but I know lots of folks on here use alternative bars, so you're sure to get an answer soon.

I am DREADING going to the COD. I should have gone today, but I've decided to wait until Saturday. I'm trying so hard to get back on track! I've really been just tooting around since Thanksgiving - just halfway doing everything. I'm resolved to getting back with it. I was making out some menus tonight and actually had a hard time remembering what I used to do! Pitiful, I know. One thing I have got to get away from for awhile is casseroles and just go back to basics - chicken breasts, veggies, etc. I do much better when I have meals made up of components rather than casseroles and stuff like that. Even when I know the points, I still screw up because I end up eating more than I should.

I can't find my original plan book anywhere, so I may be asking a lot of newbie questions like "how many points in this?" etc. Bear with me! My COD put me and DH back on the old Red 1 plan when the new numbered plan didn't work for us. That's great except that they can't give us plan books or diaries.

Tomorrow I have my annual visit with the gyn and for once, I'm actually not dreading it. Of course, I'm dreading the exam part - who doesn't? - but I'm excited for my doc to see my weightloss. He has NEVER fussed about my weight because my cholesterol count and blood pressure are lower than his (genetics), but I know he will be thrilled at my success thus far. My goal for next year's visit is for him not to recognize me when I go in!

Oh, well...off to tell night-night stories and sing lullabies!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 01-02-2008 at 10:33 PM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #89  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Angie-Cameron is adorable! I love the picture and the hair!

Joni-your challenge sounds awesome. Take advantage of being the leader and get focused! We know you can do it!

Cecil- I love the avatar. It helps so much to see faces on here! GL at w/i

Hi Dionne!

welcome Crystal!

Felicia- wow looking forward to the gyno?! Jk, I actually feel the exact same way. I can't wait for her to see how much weight I've lost....
I'm with you on getting back on track. I've been doing it half way since November and it's just got to stop! I've saved all of my old diaries and want to look through them to see what I used to eat!

Stacy- your family pic is so cute! Take the nutrition info from the lite box to wal mart or the grocery store and look for a bar in the health food section that is similar to the lites in calories and protein. I think Slim fast has a bar, as well as kashi. Sorry I can't be much help. I'm still using lites.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default COD Gone, gone, gone!

Well my COD is closed. I am confused as they told me they were franchise and all their letterhead is franchise, they did not go by "PURE" but indeed they are gone. I was pointed toward "LAWL To Go" where you weigh in at home and speak with a counselor three times a week. I am glad I did not buy the bulk bars! I have not gotten a hold of a counselor and frankly have more faith in this group in getting me to my goal!
I forced myself to eat today, whats that about? I am sick of eating after the holidays, have a cold and really would prefer to not eat but one has to live.
Long live the weight loss, Tues
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote