Old 12-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Sz 16/Sz 4/Sz 4

Height: 5 feet

Default How do you get your daily Fat Exchange in?

This plan has made me so afraid of consuming fats that I have a hard time getting my fat exchange in each day. How do you usually get it in, with which meal and what do you use?

Thanks
Bermuda_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #2  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

I get my in usually at lunch. I eat a tuna fish sandwich and just mix the light mayo in with the tuna.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #3  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I like nuts for my fat. Also, if I eat out anywhere I just mark off both fats. It's probably not that much but I think they even add fat and sodium to the ice so I just mark em off!

Last edited by smjezzy; 12-21-2007 at 09:47 AM.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  
sscott

I like to add a little olive oil to my veggies. Olive oil is such a good fat for you. I will admit that fats are hard for me to get in, too. I tend to forget
Old 12-21-2007, 10:38 AM   #5  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

I complain about not getting enough fats!!! I love light mayo on a chicken or tuna or egg sandwich and I almost always have a salad so I use reduced fat ranch.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

I HATE mayo, so I usually have some nuts as my fat.. Or, if I have bread, I count the Smart Balance I use.. I also like to cook with olive oil, so that counts too...

Of course, if I go through the day without ingesting any of those, I just gobble down a pat of butter and mark that down as my fat.. (Just kidding!!)
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

95% of the time, almonds are my fat for the day. On my plan, 6 almonds equals one fat. I look forward to the almonds each day. They are easy, tasty, and portable especially when you are away from home. If I go out to eat, I scratch my almonds and assume that I had my 2 daily servings of fat somewhere in the food in the restaurant.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Sz 16/Sz 4/Sz 4

Height: 5 feet

Smile Thanks

The responses will help me a lot - I am trying to add more variety to my plan anyway so I am going to use all of the suggestions.

Dan I will try to resist throwing in the towel and scarfing down a pat of butter each day;-)
Bermuda_Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

One thing I learned and I did not know this before I started this program is that you need some fat, preferably good fat, in your diet each day to "prime the pump" as far as fat burning goes. The key is the keep your body in a mode to continue burning the fat instead of storing it or maintaining it.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 61 lbs.
Current weight 138.8
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I often have my fat serving just when I get home from work. Usually almonds but sometimes olives. I eat it before I cook dinner and it takes the edge off from hunger and then I don't inhale my dinner (as often I work late so by the time I get home I'm just super hungry). I read in the you on a diet book that about 7 almonds (which is about 1 serving of fat) is enough to trigger the hunger hormones in your body to turn off. It really works.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

If I do nuts for my half protein, I up it 3 tablespoons of peanuts and count it as 1/2 P and a Fat.

Cream Cheese, a lot of times I'll toss a Tbsp on a flatbread cracker if I need an edge when I get home for work.

Coconut, when I'm craving something sweet, 2 tbsps just does it. If I'm feeling creative, I mirco a lite, then roll it while warm in the cocunut. It cures any candy bar craving.

When worst comes to worst, I just toss a teaspoon of olive or sunflower oil onto my dinner plate. It's a no fail situation, plus it moistens up chicken or turkey.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote