Old 12-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #1  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Need some suggestions

I have a bachlorette party to go tonight. The bride has decided that she wants to go eat at a hibachi grill. I haven't ever been to one of these. Do they have stuff that I can eat that is on plan? I would opt not to go but I am one of the bridesmaids and she is my friend. I just don't want to mess up with eating since I have not cheated yet on this plan. Any suggestions would be great.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

The things to watch out for are the salt/sugar in the sauces and the butter they use for the veggies. So save your fat and starches. Pass on the rice and get plenty of veggies and grilled chicken. I've had it once since being on plan and it didn't set me back at all. I think I even ordered steak. It's good and fun! Definitely don't miss something important bc you are afraid of cheating. As long as you plan ahead and follow through you will be fine! Have fun!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Amy, you're spot on about the sauces.. Full of salt and sugar.. Best not to add any additional sauce at the table once they're cooked... Also, be sure to drink plenty of water before and during...

This plan is designed so that you don't have deprive yourself of foods you love.. "Free to Live", as they say... That said, we learn there are ways to live free, but make better decisions along the way..

Have fun and don't fret.. Heck.. If you save your starches today, have some rice.. Just don't go overboard..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #4  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try and stick with the protein and veggies. I'll let ya'll (yes, I am from the South) how I do.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote