Old 12-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #46  
Amy

Amy,

You can get bars on eBay pretty cheap too.... just an FYI.
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #47  

Height: 5'2"

Arrow

Oh by the way, Dan. I personally have missed your salt lectures. Get back on your "salt box". It sure helps weight loss to keep your sodium intake very low.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #48  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Dan/Lynn: The Luna bars are $.98 a piece and at 2 per day and 30 per month it is $60.00 per month. I haven't seen anything cheaper than that on any of the bars at any of the sites (ebay, amazon, etc.). I just think its time to wean myself off of them and put that money to use else where.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #49  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

"The salt police, they live inside of head.....the salt police, they come to me in my bed........The salt police they're comming to arrest me.......
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #50  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

oh, and Amy and Amylou.....LOVE the new avatars. I will try to get a new one over this holidat season
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, One counselor told me that on maintenance you should try cut back to one bar a day anyway. So maybe you could cut down to one for awhile and then none. Actually they recommended cutting out one bar to try to lose weight, so maybe after the start of the year you could try that and see if you can't get those last few pounds to move (or to take off whatever damage is done on the 24th and 25th).

I just ate lunch room junk... I feel so weak for eating it... PMS and the availablility of chocolate raspberry truffles... not a good combination... Oh well... just count the damage and try to get back on track just this minute...
It was just about 3 bites full, I should stop thinking it will cause massive weight gain. My DH cooked last night and it was sooooo salty, so I already feel swollen and fat today... I think a dinner of HLW might make me feel better...

Wendy, Good to see you back! You are doing good even if it is a few pounds. I think we will be up and down a few pounds all the rest of our lives if we successfully manage our weight, so step back in and take back control. I too have fallen victim to the lure of the peppermint mocha a time or two.

Kristen, At least you haven't been frequenting DQ and consuming those drinks that we are not allowed to mention.

Dan, My DH needs a lecture from the salt police!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #52  
LAWL Salt Police

It's simple Barb.. Remove the salt from the house... Substitute regular for Morton's Lite, NoSalt or AlsoSalt...

I used to use a ton of kosher/sea salt in my cooking and it was VERY hard to break the habit... I took my ques from Emril and Alton about over seasoning everything...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #53  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Omg! I love the new pic DAN! Too funny!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #54  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the words of welcome!! And, Dan, I am loving the new avatar. That's another way I've fallen off the wagon; I'm ingesting too much salt and not enough water. I think part of my problem is bloating. I guess I need to start the hot lemon water habit back up.

I'll have to try the South Beach bars. I weaned myself down to one Lite when I was doing Maintenance like I should. Oh, and did I mention that I haven't been to my COD in a few MONTHS for my weekly maintenance WI? They finally quit calling me about a month ago. I know, shame on me. Anyway, back to the bars... I refused to buy any more Lites after I ran out because I didn't like the new formula. So, I tried substituting Lunas for a while because I just HAD to have something in the late afternoon. But, for some reason Lunas made me break out whereas the Lites did not. I think that's another place I'm failing; I miss my afternoon bar, so I end up eating something NOT good for me. Guess I need to find something to substitute!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #55  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Dan - the new avatar is just too funny
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #56  
Amy

Ok, so a few things.... on the subject of hot lemon water... how much of each? I remember this was discussed a few months ago, but there are so many threads, it's impossible to find it. If someone wouldn't mind just throwing it out there...

I started a weekly menu thread too. If you guys are to be my new COD, I need to report food as well.

I cannot wait for the Biggest Loser finale tonight! I just caught up online with 2 minute videos what I have been mising! It's SO inspirational!

Nice pic Dan....

I have to laugh at the whole salt thing. I am not a salter at all, I can totally pass on it. My BF LOVES it. It's so bad, he puts it on EVERYTHING. The only god thing (actually very selfish of me) is that if we're out to eat and he orders something tempting like nachos, I allow him to salt away-- that way I am not tempted.

We're planning on getting married within a year, and when he lives with me, he's cutting back, BELIEVE me. He salts and ketchups everything. I chalk it up to the fact that he pretty much raised himself, his mom and dad worked. He ate Mac and cheese and basically JUNK his whole likfe. THis is his only way of flavoring anything. I get so upset. I don't like cooking homemade meals all the time (I was lucky to have a stay at home mom who cooks AMAZINGly) for him to desecrate all over them with SALT and KETCHUP!

Sorry for the rant....

Hope everyone's having a GREAT day! I canot believe Christmas is a week from TODAY!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Dan - love the new avator. You are too funny. I (try) not to add salt. I don't even use the morton lite salt. But I do eat canned veggies on occassion ...
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #58  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

mmmmmmmmmmm Dairy Queen.. do they have any holiday Blizzards I don't know about or are you all keeping me in the dark????
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #59  
LAWL Salt Police

Sherry, the one thing to remember is that we do need to get potassium, so using the lite salt or NoSalt is a good way to do that... Salt by itself isn't bad, it's the overindulgence we've all gotten used to...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:11 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Dan - that's one thing my COD was always saying to me about the mortons, and the potassium. I have a tendency to retain fluid in my ankles -- some days are +3 pitting edema. (part due to being on my feet all day, but not always)
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote