Old 12-14-2007, 03:53 AM   #1  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Talking satisfying or not

I was perusing the TDP when I found a thread I have never seen here. What foods do you find satisfying and what foods leave you wanting? I think this is an awesome question, with great suggestions that will benefit everyone.

Satisfying: Fiber One bar or a Mission Carb-Balance tortilla. Either one I can eat by itself and be good for two-three hours.

Not so Much: Apples! Everyone says they are full of fiber and will keep you full... but I eat one (or two!) and then within a half an hour I am starving.

I read once in Woman's World that the secret is protein+fiber+(a small amount) of healthy fat. Hmn.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Satisfying: I'll 2nd the homemade soups... rice and beans... cheese and crackers (in their appropriate portions, of course!)

Unsatisfying: yogurt, smoothies, bananas

I agree with the protein + fiber + good fat formula. Go eat an apple with some pb or some cheese, you'll notice the difference in how full it keeps you. I never eat a snack that doesn't meet this criteria, or I'll be hungry in a half hour.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #3  
banned

oooh, great thread!

Let's see.. Satisfying: Cheese cubes and TLC crackers (great snack)

Not satisfying: 100 calorie packs of anything. I think it's psychological -- I eat them and just know I'm still hungry.

Lori
NewSkinnyMe is offline   Reply With Quote