Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Default File Information - A Question

This is a question that came up today - so, my COD has closed & gone away, right? Forever gone....BUT: what happened to my file with all of my personal (medical, social security, insurance) information in it? Can I get this back? I don't really want that information just floating around out there -

Any thoughts?
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #2  

All the files are boxed up and sent to corporate office. I'm an employee and we found out today that all the centers are closing. That's what we were told to do with all the charts.
bella1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Bella,

Can you give us an insight as to what's going on? Is it just PURE, or LAWL too?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  
Becca on LAWL

Any thoughts on how I get mine back? I really don't want them going into a place that is insecure - that has some of my private information in it, and I'd really like it back (esp. the photo - that is the only photo I have of my at my highest weight...)

Thanks, Bella - We appreciate any insight you might be able to give us.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Can some one tell me what the difference is in Pure and LAWL. Why did some change to pure while other stayed lawl? Is it the franchise/corporate thing? The plan is the same correct? Sorry if this has been answered before, I obviously missed it!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #6  
Becca on LAWL

I am such a moron...I just realized it was my SIGNATURE that was causing the confusion on the whole LAWL/PURE Weight Loss stuff...My center that I joined in 4/07 was "LAWL" - then in September (or about that time) they were bought out by corporate (as many franchises were) and then changed their name to "PURE Weight Loss Center". So, I started at a franchise and as of the time it closed (12/8) it was corporate. Most corporate centers are now known as PURE, and from what I have read on here, they received notice yesterday that all PURE Weight Loss Centers will close as of 1/4/08.

You can always ask at your COD if they are corporate or franchise - when we first joined, we couldn't understand why some of our friends were getting different products - turned out that the friends were in a corporate owned center, whereas we were franchise. We went in to our COD and asked, and they told us we were franchise.

So if you don't know, my suggestion would be to ask the COD.
Hope this (and the fact that I have now changed my signature!) helps!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #7  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

OK I joined and LAWL center in Feb 2007 and it was, at that time, a franchise center. They've recently been bought out by corporate (within the last couple of months) and there's no plan to change the name to Pure Weight loss. I am not seeing any rhyme or reason to these closings. There should be a pattern or explanation as to the who and why. Is anyone catching something that I'm obviously missing? It doesn't even explain the difference in the names.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote