Old 12-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

afternoon all, I had an interview yesterday and the second one today. Look like you can just refer to me as the "Lunch Lady". I keep hearing adam sandler in my ear singing! haha

I don't know when I will start, but they loved me and said they would call.

food wise I am just holding in there. I love all the christmas goodies way too much. but I only make them in dec. so I am going to have them and just face the scale in Jan. I am sending all my focus to the water and the exercise.

good to see you Nicole. EVEN THOUGH YOU FORGOT ME!!! just kidding. I know you put a disclamer at the end for all of those you forgot. Just good to see you around again.

I am going to have to figure out how to juggle work and home. I know most of you do that already, but I have only done "home" for 17 1/2 years. so I am trying to figure out how I will do it. the nice thing is I will get off at 2 every day and the kids don't get home til 3:30 so I will either have an hour to veg. or an hour to get a jump on supper and the house.

and that is exactly what I should be doing now!

later
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lettie, You will figure it out. Somehow we manage. Actually if you are home less the house stays a little cleaner. The laundry does not slow down though! When is your trip to Florida? Is it coming up soon?

Kim, glad your mother is feeling better and that you've gotten the eating back on track. That is the main thing, getting back to eating in a healthy way. That inner fat girl just is hard to keep quiet. I can not imagine being a star and having people taking my picture and then posting it saying look how fat she is. Did anyone see that big thing about Jennifer Love Hewlett? It is just shameful how the media acts like all women should look like air brushed pictures. Normal and healthy women are made to feel so bad about themselves. It isn't right. I still love to look at pictures of star's cellulite though. I know it is wrong that they publish them and I think it is terrible, but at the same time, it always makes me feel so much better.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Barbara I saw that about Jennifer Love Hewitt and it just ticked me off! One of my favorite TV moments was Tyra Banks comment to the media after they started saying she was fat...told them on live TV on her show to "kiss her big fat a$$! I thought, YOU go girl!!!! I would pay money to look like her! Sheesh!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #64  

just got the call, I start tomorrow as the Lunch Lady...... yikes we get free lunch! this can't be good!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #65  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello, Hello, Hello all. I have officially started my Christmas Shopping.

I saw in another post, some one is saying all the centers are closing. (If I read it right). Glad I am done with mine anyway, but I haven't seen anything about it during my few visits lately.

Good Luck on all the finals School Girls, (AmyLou, Amy, Emily, Kimberly, etc.)

Kim: Glad your mom is doing better. It is scary when you are helpless and can't do anything, but remember prayer changes things.

Jullian: Good Luck onthe move. You are braver than I am. Christmas is bad enough without having to deal with that. I will keep you in my prayers.

Congrats on the job Lettie. I'm guessing that you are going to be working in a lunchroom somewhere? I think I missed something.

I totally fell off the wagon today. Got to re-focus for tomorrow. Some vendor brought a basket of goodies for me. Before I knew it all the Chocolate in it was gone. I did however, give the remaining stuff in it away before I ate it.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #66  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

WTG Lettie - big congrats

I was really shocked about the Jennifer Love Hewitt comment. She to me is the perfect size. I thought women were supposed to have curves. When did the standard change where we are supposed to look like men? Let me change that, when did the standard change where we are supposed to look like little boys? What happened to 36 24 36?

Last edited by smjezzy; 12-12-2007 at 04:25 PM.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #67  

Height: 5'2"

Yes, wtg, Lettie
Thanks for asking about me Nicole, I was gone on vacation to Southern California visiting family for 9 days. I left the day after our first big snow, and then I missed the 2 next snows, but I am back home now and the travel yesterday went well. It was easier getting back home than it was when I left on Dec 2. I had a really good time.

I am trying to catch up on what has been happening. I know that Joni is on her cruise and the chicks to the finish contest ends next week. I can hardly wait to see who wins.....
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #68  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfThreeTeens View Post
Update on me-this week has been a BIG improvement for me foodwise. I was eating terrible and therefore feeling terrible. I felt like a cow, was afraid to put my jeans on because I was afraid they would be too tight.
Holy cow, Kim.....that has been me. I wore stretch pants the last two days, cuz I just don't think I can take the disappointment of my jeans being too tight. Today has been good though, so I am feeling a bit better. By next week I ought to be on my, "I have been POP for a week and dropped 5 pounds," high. I am glad you are doing better. It affects everything, doesn't it?

Lettie......CONGRATS. I can't think of a more perfect job for you!!! The kids are going to love you......and the hours are going to work so well for you and your family!!! And I have to tell you.......I literally laughed out loud when you busted me for forgetting you!!! I tell ya, if I were going to forget anyone, I am glad it was you

Hey, where the **** is Kim nuber one, and Angie, and Liza? There are sooo many missing? And Deb.........you teased us the other week.....but poof,now you're gone? And Lea Ann......would it kill you to check in? It's always nice to see familiar faces!!! Evette......how are you loving maintainance?

Ok, I really have to go. I fear what my boys have been doing over the last few minutes!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #69  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzanne72 View Post
Good morning just wanted to check in as say hi Had my WI in this morning and am down .6-so since I started last Monday I am down 6.8-I am finding that I feel better and just have an all around better attitude. Christmas is always tough. My plan is to eat as close to POP as I can when I am home and just try to make good choices when I am at my moms, in laws, etc. Hopefully I will be successful. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to strive.
anyone out here from Wisconsin?
Hi Julzanne,
I am from Wisconsin. Madison. There are a few Wisconsites here, but I would say that I am the only regular, poster. Welcome

week 48
LAWL franchise center
total lost 60 lbs.
Current weight 140
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #70  

Cool-very close to me, I am from Janesville, just about 30 minutes from you, Lynx sorry don't know your real name...so what is the story with the thread about all centers closing nationwide/????
Julzanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 PM   #71  
Amy

Well, as you guys saw, the Pure Weightloss centers are closing!

*&(*&)(*&)(*&$&^$*!!!!!!!!!

I am so upset!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #72  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Amy, Where in Alabama are you? I am in Mobile.

I am confused about the centers closing. I have seen no sign of it in my center. They seem to be very busy and they have three people working there. I am definitely only going to buy my lites by the week until I figure it out. I just started on Dec 3. Although, thinking about it I am a little scared because it only cost me $199 for 52 weeks. I really hope that they are not closing. I really need the accountablity factor.

Is anyone on here from Mobile, Alabama?
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #73  
LAWL Salt Police

Good evening ladies...

Another busy day for me, but that's the way it goes... Did very well as far as being POP, but I had to share with you what I did this afternoon...

Our department has an emploee recognition banquet every year. The usual lunch is steak, with salad, etc... While the place we hold the event provides the lunch, our recognition committee provides the dessert...

So armed with the checkbook I went to Sam's Club today and bought:
2 NY Style cheese cakes
2 Chocolate carmel cheese cakes
1 big tray of cookies
1 huge chocolate chip cookie with frosting (about the size of a pizza
1 apple pie
1 pumpkin pie
1 tray of mini baklava treats...
1 tray of chocolate brownies

I'd say that's about a million calories and grams of fat..

How sad I can't have any of it, but I thought about how my mission tomorrow would be to avoid all of it and how good I'd feel at the end of the day after not giving in...

Wish me luck!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #74  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Dan- Good luck.

It is never easy to go to these type of things. You will do fine.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 PM   #75  

Barbara -- we leave for Florida on the 22nd and will be gone about a week.

Amy -- yes, it is in the cafeteria at the Jr High. it is the Jr High that my two oldest went through and my #3 will be going to next year.

Shannon, Lynn, -- THANKS!!

Amy -- oh know..... didn't you just rejoin? did you bulk on bars too?

Lets see am I forgetting any one..... hmmmmm no.......... OH WAIT WAIT WAIT, that one girl...... uh.... NICOLE! (hee hee) Yea, the hours are perfect. 8-2.... So we all have to be to school at the same time, and I will be off when they are off, they will never miss me.

well, I am off to bed.... after all I am a workin girl! I guess I will check in with you all after work.... if I have any energy!