Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 PM   #46  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

amy--great job on the loss! that's awesome! i can't remember the last time i had a 4lb loss in one WI. too bad i'm moving away from NC, we could've met up in VA.

barb--dh will be on leave til jan 2nd. we'll be moving the whole time pretty much but will have a few days after we get to SD before he has to fly back to SC again. i just can't wait til next week. i'm getting so anxious! hard to believe he's been gone almost a month. i wish i could've made my 200 goal before he got here..don't really think that's doable..but i was about 211 before he left, so i'm progressing.

glad to hear your knee is feeling better, dan. tell liz hi for us.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #47  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

I am just checking in. I haven't had time to read all the posts yet. I hope that everyone is having a POP day. I have been trying to get ready for my son's 1st grade school party. What is everyone doing for Christmas dinner? I have been trying to come up with a menu for Christmas dinner. I usually always give in on dinners like that and don't want to do that this year. I will be doing all the cooking but am having trouble coming up with ideas for dinner. Not to mention that I have two children so I have to have stuff for them. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Dionne
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, love the new avatar, your sweater matches your tattoo. Is that cute guy in your profile your DH? Maybe with all the packing you've already done the move won't be so awful. I wish I had curly hair. It is so cute.

Dionne, for Christmas eve my DH always likes to get some crab and we make kind of a festive and fun meal cracking crab (takes a long time to crack so plenty of time to visit while not eating all that much) I like to have some salad with it and maybe a bit of toast, totally on plan. For Christmas last year I bought a honey baked ham turkey breast and made some fresh green beans and a salad and made a little bit of pasta with some butter on it. It was mostly a light meal, but felt splurgy to me due to the pasta (my family if you serve them pasta they are happy). Anyway, I ended up having a good weight loss week for Christmas and the COD was a ghost town right after (quick weigh ins). I had a great Christmas last year, my DD got the Pride and Prejudice mini series for Christmas and I got a tea pot with fancy cups, so we sat there in our PJ's drinking tea and watching Mr Darcy most of the day.... such a good time and it did not revolve around food!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Emily, frozen raspberries are great on yogurt, in smoothies, and on cereal. I buy several packs when they are on sell and keep them in the freezer for a quick pick me up.
I have been POP all week (both whole days!) and think I will have over come my Hanukkah meals. I was asked to bring latkas to a work party next week! Gack, they are a pain to make and so quickly eaten.
I wish everybody good cheer and the ability to forgive yourselves when you do indulge. Remember we are all embarking on a life style change. This includes changing the inner voice telling us we are not good enough or not strong enough. We all know what we need to do to lose weight and sometimes we may choose to go a different direction. We can come back, we are not lost when we stray. We have made a choice and that is a powerful thing.
Off to yoga for now. T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #50  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi guys-wow it's awfully quiet around here lately. I know everyone must be busy! I am regretting not taking time off of work before the holidays. Going straight from finals to working full time again didn't give me a time to breathe. I think I might take a 1/2 day on friday so I can get my errands in.

I'm determined to stick with this despite my center closing. I just have to. So glad i found this site.

Jillian- wow! I would be proud of myself too!!

Dan- hope Liz isn't working too hard! Hope your knee is ok.

I'm impressed with the on-plan xmas ideas....I am hosting for the first time in my life and everything on my menu is off plan....I just realized there is nothing I can eat!!! Ham, green bean casserole, champagne punch....hmmm. I'm going to have to do some tweaking!

Where's Val??? She's the one who makes the splenda pies! I need to be thinking like her!

Ok-off to watch TBL.

Oh-Amy congrats on the engagement!!!! I am a huge diamond fanatic. Let us know what you decide on, or narrow it down to!
Barb-your rings sounds awesome!
I'm motivated by hearing of all of your workouts---I need to get back in it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #51  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Jersey Amy, where in virginia are you moving to?? I am in southwest virginia.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #52  

Good morning just wanted to check in as say hi Had my WI in this morning and am down .6-so since I started last Monday I am down 6.8-I am finding that I feel better and just have an all around better attitude. Christmas is always tough. My plan is to eat as close to POP as I can when I am home and just try to make good choices when I am at my moms, in laws, etc. Hopefully I will be successful. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to strive.
anyone out here from Wisconsin?
Julzanne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #53  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning All

Jillian- I'm so glad you're feeling better about things.. and you'll be so busy getting ready for DH to get home time will go by quicker than you think! He's a hottie, btw! Oh, and how many tattoos do you have?

Dan- Glda your knee is feeling better! Tell liz to give herself a 5min break and drop in to say hi!

Amy- Congrats on the engagement! How exciting! I suggested to DBf that we wait until I get out of school to get engaged.. I kick myself for that on a regular basis!

Last edited by EmilyLashea; 12-12-2007 at 10:59 AM.
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #54  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning my dear friends. I have been a total slacker, and I cannot promise I will be POP today, but I am certainly going to try. I am feeling pretty bad about myself, and I need to fix that. Anyway………

Kim #2……..so sorry to hear about you mom. I hope she is doing better now. My mom and dad both had a total knee replacements. It can really be hard on them. And I totally hear you about hospitals and food. My sis and I make a hobby out of conquering the hospital cafeteria every time one of my parents is in. It is just ridiculous. One time, the cafeteria workers started giving us the employee discount cuz we were there so often. That’s pretty bad, isn’t it?

Amylou……congrats on finals being over. I know that is a load off of your mind J

Shannon…….doesn’t that suck…..how, “becoming a weekend grazer,” just happens. You can change it. One weekend at a time……..it will get better. It is good you are aware……many people never even realize it.

Congrats, JerseyAmy, on all of the changes going on in your life. What an exciting time for you!!! Enjoy it!!!

Emily……I hope things slow down for you soon. You have to demand that time to take care of yourself. Believe me……it is a habit you need for the rest of your life, so when you are 37 years old, you are not still trying to figure out how to do it!!! It so easy to let school, work, friends, kids, etc. become more important than your health. Do your best to make this an important part of your life. Your body will thank you for years to come J

Hi Cecil. I am afraid I don’t’ know you very well, as I have not been on very much lately. I am planning on changing that.

Welcome Michie. Keep up the good work!!!

Hey Sherry……..it is so good to see you fighting the good fight again!!! Stay with us!!!

Kimberly……..what great enthusiasm you have for trying to reach your new years goal early!!!! I hope school is going well!!!

Hey Amy!!! I don’t wait for what I want either….so no fab presents for me. I get so excited about Santa though, that I feel like the gifts are all for me!!!

Barbara…what a smart plan for the holidays. I wish I exercised. Lol.

Welcome Dionne. What a great gift you have given yourself!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Dan……sorry about the knee. That just sucks.

Hey there Ternoway…….why can’t I remember your name?

Hey Tuesday…….great advice about needs and desires. So difficult to stay disciplined around the holidays, isn’t it?

Hey Emily……I make a mean smoothie out of 12 frozen strawberries, ½ banana, two handfuls of ice cubes, ½ c. vanilla yogurt, ½ c. milk, and a bit of splenda. It takes care of two fruits, and one dairy, and is a tiny taste of heaven. I have this almost every day for breakfast!!!

Hey Stacy….stay strong. I know it can be a bummer, but go to your COD. You know, when we are losing, we all seem to like our COD, but when we stay the same or gain, we hate them. Go in, face the music, and then stay OP. You can do this!!!

Kim #2……just read the latest about your mom. I am breathing a sigh of relief. I hope she stays off cigarettes, but chances are, she will not. Especially if she was forced to because of her surgery. If she does stay off, she is probably going to be pretty blue….so keep an eye on her. It is so common for people to become depressed after surgery and also after the honeymoon period of not smoking. When my dad went through a similar situation, he ended up taking an anti-depressant……it is REALLY helped him during the adjustment period. I don’t know if you were ever a smoker, but as a former smoker, I can tell you……..when you quit….it’s like losing your best friend. You don’t know what to do with yourself. Anyway…..if she stays quit, that will be wonderful….but if she starts back up in a few months……..noone will feel worse about it than she will. Watch out for her……..this is a time when she will need her daughter to think clearly for her……cuz quitting also makes you a bit retarted for a while. J

Hey Tina girl. How’s it hangin?

Jillian……..it is so good to see you posting regularily and LOSING!!! WTG……….just think how DH is going to react when he sees you next!!! Also…….I am proud of you for seizing the day. I was going to give you the lemon aid analogy……and I about died laughing. Pretty bad that I crack myself up!!! But really…….you are doing it!!! Hooray!!!

Amylou……Joni is on her cruise!!!

Lynn……….you have been kind of quiet lately. Everything ok?

Ok, I have to end this abruptly, cuz it is time to bring DD to school……..and I am sure I missed someone……..but it is not intentional!!! Everyone keep working hard………..and enjoy how you feel when you are doing the right things for your body. I think sometimes we take for granted how wonderful we feel when we are OP………and let me remind you….after being off plan for so many weeks……..it feels pretty crappy…..in sooo many ways, and I am very excited to feel good in a few days…..and actually enjoy my food instead of, “having,” to eat it. Have a fab day everyone!!! I have missed you all!!!

XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #55  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Yay Nicole!! So good to see a nice long post from you! Fill us in on what's going on with the fam!

I totally forgot about Joni's cruise- I hope she is having a great time!

Off to work-I am determined to be POP today! My center is closing so I'm going to start going by my BNWI-it was pretty good today! I'm going to see if it sticks and try to come up with a day of the week to w/i "officially" at home.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #56  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Hi all! I'm home sick today. Not sure what hit me, but it hit me hard. I'm just laying on the couch with my laptop on my lap and watching Trading Spaces. I went to work this morning, went home, went back and then home again...I tried

Hope you all are having a great day!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #57  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone,

I just got back from weigh in and am down 4oz. I'll take it at least it is some loss. Thanks to everyone for all the welcomes and thanks Barbara for the holiday suggestions.
I am off to have lunch with my son and work Santa shop so I will check in later.

Everyone have a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #58  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi there!
So I am just checking in real quick here before I start work. Hope everyone has a great POP day! I am going to try and catch up on my reading on here sometime today. WI on Tuesday I was up .2. Blah! Anyway talk at ya later!

Last edited by cecil; 12-12-2007 at 11:43 AM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, an update on my mom- Shes doing fabulous with her recovery from her knee surgery. I talked to her earlier and she told me she walked the whole length of the hall on her floor at the hospital! She hadnt been able to take more than few steps at a time so thats a huge improvement! She should be getting to leave today to go to a rehab facility! I'll keep ya posted!

Update on me-this week has been a BIG improvement for me foodwise. I was eating terrible and therefore feeling terrible. I felt like a cow, was afraid to put my jeans on because I was afraid they would be too tight. Well they werent but it scared me enough to get my butt back in gear!!! Its amazing how fast I can feel like "the fat girl" again! I've decided when I'm through with maintenance I'm going to stop stressing so much about what the scale says and just watch how my clothes fit! I know for now I have to stay within 5 pounds of my goal weight, to get my guarantee. After thats up as long as I can comfortably fit in my jeans I'm gonna stop freaking out about the scale!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, Running after 5 kids has to count for some exercise. Just carrying that much laundry around has some calorie burning potential. Even with going up to maintenance level calories, I still have to be careful.

I did my elliptical trainer for the whole of the Biggest Loser program last night and burned off 911 calories according to the machine! I got up this morning and did the spin cycling class, so I feel like I'm living up to the exercise like a fiend self promise.

Cecil, .2 is hardly anything really, some days the scale is just a little mean. Next time it will be better, don't let that discourage you, it happens to just about everybody who tries to lose weight, some days the scale is down.

Tina, just rest and relax and you will feel better soon I hope.

Amylou, you totally have the power to do this without the COD! If you are hosting your own party, you definitely should make something on plan that you can have. Ham is not so very terrible, although the salt is killer. Enjoy the day, plan a little splurge, but not a blow out, and you will not feel deprived. Since you don't want to be feeling deprived and depressed and that you didn't get to celebrate the big day. For me I have found that about 2 extra starches and 2 extra fats and maybe an extra glass of wine is enough so that I feel indulged, but I don't feel that I've totally blown it... say an extra 500 calories.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote