Not doing enough

• i've been walking for ten minutes, but it seems like I'm not doing enough. It also seems like I'm not doing good on eating healthy because not that many vegetables and fruit are available here. Should I go ahead and do more exercise?
  • I would do more if I were you , try walking for 20 minutes or if you can't do that try 10 minutes twice a day , add more minutes until you are walking 30-45 minutes or you can add other kinds of exercise. It will really help your weight loss.
  • Yes!!! I'm not the authority, but try to make it at least 30 minutes a day...and maybe get some hand held weights (2-5lbs) to walk with. Don't forget to drink plenty of water as well. I hope this helps....as far as diet wise...you just have to find what works for you - I don't get a whole heck of a lot of fruits & veggies in daily, but I just try my best with what I have....keeping my calories low, no matter what type of food I can fit into my day (although I do stick to healthier choices!)

Hope this helps & good luck!
  • If you've been doing 10 minutes to start with and feel that you can do more then I say go ahead and add some time. You don't have to add it all at once, but work up to more
  • Re: hand weights

Actually, just walking with smal hand weights will not do a whole lot. They are meant for specific muscle exercises such as bicep curls, shoulder presses, etc. and just walking with them will not do much of anything. If you decide to use weights, then you need to use them with a dvd or book or something that goes through specific exercises to do with them.

I would say since you are doing 10 minutes of walking a day now, that you go for 15 minutes a day this week. Take it up to 20 minutes a day the week after that, and so on until you are doing 30 minutes a day.

After you are continually doing 30 minutes a day for a while, start replacing a walking session each week with a different activity-a yoga video, swimming, a dance class, a dvd using weights-something different to work your muscles differently.
  • Can you get bananas and apples? 3 medium fresh fruits or 3 ( 1/2 cup ) cooked fruits or you can even toss in 1/2 cup fruit juice ( make sure it is indeed juice without sugar added. Fill the required amounts of fruit a day. Doesn't take much to fill the veggie requirements either. 3 cups raw veggies or 3 ( 1/2 cup ) cooked veggies. Doesn't take as much as people think to eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups. Add a few min a day to your walking if you can. When you can get up to 30 min walking/aerobic videos are great. You can do them at home and they are much more powerful than just walking alone. While holding those weights might not do much for weight loss while you are just walking. They are good for the body. Gets the muscles use to holding and using weights.