Old 11-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default I did not buy new pants today!

I have resisted buying new pants because 1) fitting rooms cause panic attacks 2) I did not want to try any on and find out I was still a size 16 3) I really hope to lose more weight.
I broke down and tried on some jeans today. I tried on 6 pairs of size 14s and they all fit! In fact some were biggish! I found a pair of size 12 Liz Claiborn jeans and thought what the heck. It might work!
Miracle of miracles they pulled up around my thighs, then they made it up past my hips, then they came to my waist and they zipped! I had on a size 12! Not since before my daughter was born (she is 16!) have I had on a 12! They were tight but I could zip them and I could sit!
All those times I left fitting rooms crying because clothes did not fit seemed to melt away.
I was so happy and I needed to share this with the people who have become my support team. I did not buy the jeans. I figured I could hold out for a couple weeks. But I am ready.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #2  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

Default Congratulations Tuesday!

Victory is yours - congratulations on being down another size.
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

that's awesome! it's a great feeling, isn't it!
keep up the great work! it's so worth it!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Great NSV!!!! And extra kudos on the non-buying willpower!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #5  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

That's amazing! The only thing better than seeing results on the scale is seeing them in the change room! Way to go!!!!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Hey! Congrats! Similiar thing happened to me...but I bought the jeans!! My old ones were big anyway and it looked sloppy - now with my new ones.. I feel great ,...
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Tuesday, Great feeling isn't it? I did buy a few 12's... but I did buy them at a discount store.. I think it was TJ Maxx and they were on discount there, but you know those 8$ pants made me feel like a million bucks, so even if I only wore them a few months (and they got worn a lot during that time since I only bought 2 pairs at that size) it was worth it to me. I decided that I needed some "transitional" things to make me feel like I was making progress, although it is amazing how much weight you have to lose before the old clothes really become unwearable. If you do purchase a transitional pair, people will notice your weight loss a great deal more.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

It was a great feeling to not hate the fitting room! I did not buy any pants becasue the 12s were still too tight and I wanted to hold out till I could really fit them. I have not really lost any weight in the last three weeks but I knew I was getting slimmer. I think yoga helps me get leaner.
I will be buying some size 12s, soon i am just willing to wait till it is real!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

The happy part of losing weight - not dreading shopping for clothes..and its nice to buy something that fits well..
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote