3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Lost 103 lbs need some advice (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/127169-lost-103-lbs-need-some-advice.html)

tammy69 11-15-2007 01:03 PM

Lost 103 lbs need some advice

I am new to this forum, but have been lurking to try and get some
advice. Now thought I would post. In February of 2004 I joined LAWL.
and lost 103 lbs. I finished my maintence in May of 2005. I started at
256 lbs. and finished at 153. I have gained back about 50 lbs. I want to
try and lose those 50 plus maybe a little more. I am not going back to
my center, to lose those pounds, I will do it on my own, with the help
of all of you out there. From what I have been reading what a teriffic
support system is out here. I need to know what plan to start on. I will
be using the lites. I am 5'3" and weigh 200lbs. Any advice anyone can
give me will be greatly appreciated. I did finish on Gold.

Thanks!!!!
Tammy

Jrny2aNewMe 11-15-2007 01:18 PM

Welcome Tammy!

I am about 2 inches taller than you, and I have been told that I will go move to purple at about 225 pounds and to gold at approximately 175. So based on that I would think that you would be pretty safe starting on purple.

WITeresa 11-15-2007 01:25 PM

We're the same height and weight, and I was on purple before I was switched to the new numbered plan. (I'm on #3 now). So, I would agree that you'd be purple w/lites. ;)

tammy69 11-15-2007 01:36 PM

Thanks a bunch I really appreciate your input.

aguerin 11-15-2007 02:14 PM

Welcome Tammy and congratulations on re-starting the program.

My suggestion is to make the decision whether you are going to go with the old colored plan or the new numbered plans. There are some differences in the food allowances, but for the most part both of them work.

Both plans are used in this forum, you will just need to keep in mind which one you are using and use the advise from others that are using the system you chose.

I personally like the numbered plans cause you get more food on them. But that's just me. :)

Catway8 11-15-2007 04:13 PM

I started this plan at 222 and I am 5'1. I was put on plan #3

3 protein
4 vegetables
3 fruits
4 starches
2 dairy
2 fat
2 la lites

Hope this helps. I was told I would go to another plan at 181.

amylou7777 11-15-2007 04:38 PM

Welcome Tammy and congrats on your losses! We all know how hard it is to keep off so way to intervene before you gain more than you lost!

I agree with everyone that you would be on Plan 3 or the old Purple PLan. My center is still on the colored plan and I will move to Purple in a few more lbs.

Out of curiosity Cathy-what are the portions for Plan #3? Are they the same as the colored plans?

Good luck Tammy!

Dan2112 11-15-2007 04:52 PM

Tammy, before weighing in (no pun intended), I'm curious as to how you put the weight back on. I'm just at the end of my weightloss phase and have entered into maintenance after losing about 110 pounds..

So I'm just wondering what happened with your daily diet so I can avoid it.. I'm already finding that I'm eating some of the same old stuff I used to.

With the LAWL plan, we learned what we should and shouldn't eat much of. The goal of the plan is to eventually be able to eat the food we shouldn't eat much of, in strict moderation.. That way our bodies can break them down and dispose of them without them adding to our weight...

If you're dedicated and are ready to commit without the accountability the COD offers (as well as the big cost!), you should be able to ease back into a plan that works for you..

tammy69 11-15-2007 05:06 PM

Well I just got a little lazy with the portions, add to that
I had a evening job where I would get home after 9:00 p.m.
and I would be hungry for something, and not make the right
food choices. But I am a stay-at-home mom now, so I
can get myself back on track. Thanks for asking. Congrats
on everyone's weight loss. It is a long journey that is for sure.
And the weight sure does come back fast!!!

tammy69 11-15-2007 05:12 PM

amylou7777 I was wondering about the portion sizes to on plan 3.
Hoping to get started with this tomorrow or Saturday.

Lynx 11-15-2007 06:50 PM

ok here are the protein sizes -
For many fish and then chicken and turkey (white meat) - 4 oz
Beef and pork and the rest of the fish - 3 oz

However, this is my advice. I have been on the color coded and the numbered plans and I would not advise trying to do the numbered plan on your own unless you have the complete documentation. Why you ask? The color coded plans and the numbered plans are like comparing apples to oranges. There are many differences between the plan. It is not just the protein size portions that are different. I refer to my menu plan on a daily basis to make sure I am following the plan correctly.

If you have the documentation for the color coded plan, I would say stick with it. I say follow the plan you know and you will do much better.

week 45
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 56 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Lynx 11-15-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1931543)
Tammy, before weighing in (no pun intended), I'm curious as to how you put the weight back on. I'm just at the end of my weightloss phase and have entered into maintenance after losing about 110 pounds..

So I'm just wondering what happened with your daily diet so I can avoid it.. I'm already finding that I'm eating some of the same old stuff I used to.

With the LAWL plan, we learned what we should and shouldn't eat much of. The goal of the plan is to eventually be able to eat the food we shouldn't eat much of, in strict moderation.. That way our bodies can break them down and dispose of them without them adding to our weight...

If you're dedicated and are ready to commit without the accountability the COD offers (as well as the big cost!), you should be able to ease back into a plan that works for you..

Dan and all -
I am not an expert. I have not even reached stabilization/maintenance yet, but I have been doing my research and listening to those who have been maintaining for a while and this is what I have learned. When you start adding back food groups, for example, week 1 - vegetables; week 2 - 1 dairy, etc., you reach a point where the additional food does not allow you to maintain your former weight. You are then customizing a new plan for yourself. It differs for each person and also depends on your activity/exercise level. Maybe I will end up with unlimited vegetables, an additional dairy and another starch added on to my current plan 2.

The biggest message I have taken from listening to those who are succesfully maintaining is that maintenance is not much different foodwise from the losing stage that most of us are currently in. That is why this is a life style adjustment plan, not a diet. I am sorry to break this news to anyone who thought that maintenance was something different or something more than that. That is why it is so important to consistently follow the plan during weightloss. If you are constantly jumping on and off the plan during weightloss, you are going to have a tougher time during maintenance. I am sorry if this sounds like a sermon.....

week 45
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 56 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Dan2112 11-16-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammy69 (Post 1931557)
Well I just got a little lazy with the portions, add to that
I had a evening job where I would get home after 9:00 p.m.
and I would be hungry for something, and not make the right
food choices. But I am a stay-at-home mom now, so I
can get myself back on track. Thanks for asking. Congrats
on everyone's weight loss. It is a long journey that is for sure.
And the weight sure does come back fast!!!

Ugh! That working late stuff is the worst.. I did that for a few years too and the nasty stuff I ate sure made me pay the price...

Good that you're home now.. Should make it easier to cook healthy stuff. The key, as I'm sure you remember from your first go around, is to make sure the bad stuff isn't in the house in the first place.. I've found that no matter how good I'm doing with the diet, should there be "bad" food in the house, I will eat it...

I'm with Lynn, in that I think you should probably stick with the color plans as that's what you're used to.

Kim0303 11-18-2007 06:11 PM

WOW Lynn, I think I needed the sermon. I know I got in the shape I am in by running to the vending machines, eating school lunches (however they are doing healthier meals now -thank goodness for the kids), and munching on chips and dip and not being very active. I have got to get back on the plan and stay POP. I was losing 2 pounds a week when I did for about two months and then I slowed down and not staying POP.
I remember Kim#2 telling me she stayed POP throughout her journey because she was afraid of gaining and losing the same 2 pounds. I guess I am not at their yet. I need to be in fear of my COD closing and stay on target to get the weight off. The original plan was by my birthday the first of March but since I have been munching. It is going to be later. April 7, 2008 is the new projected date :( The way I am going I hope I make that.