Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #121  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Felicia and Lettie I'm sorry your little ones are sick :-( My DD used to get a high fever and throw up during the night and then be just fine the next morning and I figured out it was always right before a growth spurt. Odd no?

Amy - I'm so relieved for you that the scan results are good news! I'm pretty sure bachelor neighbor will be with his Mom for Thanksgiving. I ran the idea of just going out to dinner past Mini-Me and that didn't go over well. You always wonder if all of the work you put into cooking means anything to them or if you could shove a tv dinner under their nose and get the same response. Well, I don't wonder anymore. She was really disappointed at the thought of having dinner in a restaurant. So, I'm going to pick up a little roaster oven at Target today and do the turkey that way and can use the convection oven for the sides and pies. It'll be different to only cook for two. I usually cook for a full house on the holidays (one time had 30 guests) but this home is just too small for the big dinner parties I'm used to. I'm looking forward to it and will probably get some DVD's for us to watch all day. My kiddo is 16 already... Not many years left for me to do this!

Hiya to Amylou! I haven't been able to keep up with you lately but you look fantastic!

POP again for me yesterday. I'm really proud of myself this week. Things just didn't go well for the 3 weeks prior and I was getting into bad habits again. Only eating once a day, too tired to exercise, etc.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #122  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning all!

Nicole-look at you girl!! See those 4lbs are going to be cake! Keep it up! The weekend is approaching...we gotta stay POP!

Shannon-I'm so sorry about that post TO gain! I do the same thing and that is why I'm hesitant to do another TO. Just keep up being POP and it will even out.

Amy-What a relief to hear about your scan! I'm so glad it was good news!!! GL w/ TO. I did it with oranges last time and found the same thing.....

Felicia-hope you ended up getting some sleep. GL with conferences today. Hope DS feels better!

Liza-I would have reacted the same way your daughter did! I'm so glad you are chosing to make it work cooking at home. Seems like lots of broken stoves around here (Krista too!). A roaster is a good idea. Hope you two have fun together!

I will be flying home for Turkey day. Dbf has to stay to work, but I decided I couldn't miss this tgiving bc my entire extended family will be at my grandma's this year. This only happens about once ever three years, so I didn't want to miss it. I'm really looking forward to a few days off-but the food is just going to be horrible. My family is very into food and it's going to be quite the feast, as I'm sure you will experience. I've also been informed that were are going to my family's favorite Mexican food place the next night for my grandma's 79th birthday....ughh. I know I can order fajitas...but those chips are what do me in! I am determined NOT to gain!

I can't count yesterday as a POP. I went over on my fats with mayo in my tuna and then some olive oil in my dinner and also went over on my starch a little bit. But back at it today and absolutely determined to be POP this weekend!

Lettie-I see your weekly progress is struggling. You have 4 days left in the week to give yourself a winning score! You can do it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #123  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I am back from the COD. First time in 4 weeks. And I am still down on their scale (144.6). I count that as an accomplishment since I have been AWOL and am maintaining on my own so to speak.

Day 2 of TO and so far so good. I hope to get the scale down to at least 141.? something. Then I will just have to resist the extra dairy on Saturday. What is it about Saturday that I want to splurge?

What has happened to Emily and Kimberly R?

Liza - glad you are deciding to cook. It will be a much longer lasting memory for DD than the restaurant scene. Good Idea on the movies. Both my boys have girlfriends and that may be a good way to keep them entertained that afternoon cause I know they will both want to come over. sigh I remember when I was that young. sign again. At least I like both of the girl friends. Believe me that is saying a lot. I won't allow the trashy ones. Nope No Way. It's going to get harder isn't it?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #124  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Oh Shannon.......I'm sorry.........I think you got my two pounds.
Hey, at least one of us lost 2! We must be weight loss buddies. So you take the next 20 ok?

I'm not worried - it will go away. That seems to always happen to me when I do a take off. I lose a good amount and gain some back when I eat real food. I'm just happy I didn't gain it all back!

WTG Liza - keep it up!

Thanks again amylou - you're so encouraging and that really helps.

Last edited by smjezzy; 11-15-2007 at 12:25 PM.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #125  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

So I'm sitting here eating turkey chili, checking the threads, and there is all this puke talk. Well, being the foodaholic I am, it didn't bother me and I just finished my chili.

Yipee to all the losers and those being POP. Please continue to inspire me!

I brought my Emma dog to doggie day care today so she could socialize with "her kind." I'm feeling the mom guilts of not being able to play with her enough and with Charlie gone, well, what can I say. I have to travel next month, and occasionally on business. It was either to doggie day care or have a pet sitter come by twice a day while DH is at work. It's actually less expensive to do the doggie day care (when only one dog is involved). Luckily this place is just a mile down the road.

Read these two tips and thought I would share since they are LAWL appropriate:

CUCUMBER STORAGE. If you have a bunch of cucumbers you want to keep fresh, cut them in spears, put them in a plastic container and pour just enough Italian dressing to marinate them. They will keep at least a week and are a healthy snack. If you don’t like Italian dressing, a mix of oil and vinegar also works.

SALT-FREE SEASONING. In a recent column, a reader asked about low sodium cooking for her husband. Another wonderful sodium-reducing seasoning is Salt-Free 17, which is made by Lawry’s. In my area, I’ve been unable to find it in stores so I order it from Lawry’s online (www.lawrys.com). It’s well worth the trouble.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
......Lettie-I see your weekly progress is struggling. You have 4 days left in the week to give yourself a winning score! You can do it!

Yikes, I know. I almost didn't want to fess up and put it on here! but I thought I should be accountable. Part of the problem is I am trying to wait til pay day to go get groceries..... I am out of the fresh veggies and fruits. which, when you don't get those in your body starts craving and then I mistake those cravings for things like pie.... and goodies! also I was having a hard time getting all my water in early in the week, which made me tired and feel like I have cravings! But I have exercised all week and I am trying to turn things around! I will do it!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #127  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

Is it Thursday already? I've not been POP all week! I have done better than the last 3 weeks but still not perfect. I did pretty good for lunch today, but I didn't have time for breakfast this morning so I didn't get off to a good start. I am just not managing my time well. We are having a revival at our church this week, so supper is either going to be really early or really late! I am basically getting home from work at 6 and leaving for church at 6:30. I won't get home until about 9. I just can't make myself eat that late so what's a girl to do?

Do you think I should just eat a sandwich and raw vegetables before I go to church? That's about all I'll have time to prepare.
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liza, Maybe your DD will be like mine, not only back for more of your holiday cooking, but dragging along additional friends who are away from home for the holidays too. It is so much more fun to feed starving appreciative college students.

Amy, as long as I don't eat the first chip at the Mexican restaurant I'm fine.... I tell myself that they are stale and not worth eating. After over a year on plan and having times when I was just a little over plan during a major holiday and times when I ate horribly on a holiday, I can say, I had a better time and enjoyed myself more if I just allowed myself a few extras.... but still was close to plan than going on a candy binge (Easter was really not good for me).

Today is my last day on Gold.... I am just too hungry. I tip my hats to all you ladies who manage to stick with gold. I have managed about a week and a half and I don't think I can handle it much longer. It is just a few calories less than blue, but wow... it is the difference between being OK and being crazy hungry. I guess I didn't cut back on the exercise like I said I needed to do to stick on gold... I don't know how you do Gold without lites Liz. I wouldn't last 2 days on that few calories.

Dixie Amy, I found that I got sprayed all over by the grapefruits and sticky fingers with the oranges. I felt so citrusy though after using grapefruits, but kind of acid overload. I lost the most with the grapefruits though, but it is proably not the most pleasant way to go. How old are your DS? It gets worse and then it gets better again.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #129  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Well, it's dinner at home for certain! I went to Target after work and picked up the roaster oven and an unbelievable price! I'd seen the sneak preview for Targets "Black Friday" ads and was bummed that I always have to work that morning, this year included. Anyway, Target already had their "Black Friday" prices in effect! Woo hoo! I got most of my holiday shopping DONE! Including our Turkey Day movies. They were actually cheaper than renting them would be! Now the trick will be pulling the menu together in such a tiny kitchen.

Barbra and Amy - I'm looking forward to those days when she wants to come home for the holidays and bring all of her friends. The big dinner parties I had in the past were always for my friends who like me, have nowhere to go for the holidays. I'm very casual. I set it all up buffet style, grab a plate, a glass of wine and sit wherever. The only thing I ask people to bring is laughter :-)

Joni - I go through guilt with my furbabies too. Buster gets downright depressed when I'm too busy to play with him. When I was working those crazy hours during the fires he didn't even bother trying to go with me (as he does everytime I go to work) He just looked up like "It's ok. I know I don't get to go with you. I'll just sit here in the corner." The cats don't get depressed, but they start fighting with each other when they don't get attention from me. They're all such children.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #130  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Barbara:

I finished off my sticky oranges at lunch. I forgot one of them yesterday cause I was saving it for a snack last night and didn't remember it until 9:00 after I had went to bed. I just kept thinking, I could have ate (eaten) an orange. What a loss. Grapefruit just won't work for me, I can't stand it.

My boys are 16 and 14. The 16 year old is the one who gives me the most trouble, but right now he is doing very well. Both of them are good kids. If I can just get them through high school with out any grand kids and keeping them off drugs I will have accomplished my life's mission. Both are also very protective of mom. I get a LOT of compliments from their friends and they get real uneasy hearing them about me. I mean a hot chick is a hot chick, not your 40 year old mother. LOL
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #131  
sscott

Just a quick check in for today! I have been POP all week and I am very proud of myself. Unfortunately, I went to the COD yesterday and I was up over 2 lbs. What is going on? They asked if I was under an unusual amount of stress lately and thinking about everything that is happening with my daughter, I said most definately! I met with the manager yesterday at my check in so I thought I would talk to her about needing more encouragement from them. Hopefully it will make a difference! I have been thinking about doing another TO, but I am not convinced that they creat lasting results. Hmmmm I need to just keep being POP!

Amy - praise the Lord your results were good! Awesome!

Krista - If I were you I would grab a sandwich and veggies before hand so i didn't get over hungry and binge. But, if you are not going to feel satisfied with just a sandwich then I would wait to eat. Otherwise you will eat the sandwich and keep looking for me to make you feel satisfied! Good luck! I hate nights list those!

Felicia - I hope your kiddo is doing better! What a tough day to have a sick kid. Good luck with conferences. I enjoy PT conferences, but it makes for a really long day. Vacation's just around the corner. Yippy! Enjoy every moment!

Stacy
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #132  
Kim - IP 9/10

Hey everyone! Just popping in quick so that I don't have 15 pages to catch up on tomorrow! We are heading out to see Bruce Springstein tonight, I'm very excited.

Amy - so glad to hear your scan went well. I'm sure the last few weeks were tough on you.

Joni - I'm glad that you are sending Emma dog to daycare - I was worried about her missing her buddy. My friend puts her dog in daycare once a week, and let me tell you, that is one social dog!

Went for my 'intake' at my new job - I think I will really like it, still concerned about the commute, though. Better stop worrying, starting on Monday, I'll have no choice!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy,

I know the worry, my daughter is basically a good kid, but sometimes... well, I guess she would be angry if she ever read me putting down her worst behaviour in a public place so I won't, but let me just say that it was at times very difficult to know what to do. To see her doing well in college and on a good path fills me with tons of pride though. I'm sure your boys will end up doing just fine. I have a 16 year old nephew. He made the strangest face when his mom said to him, doesn't your aunt look good? Also on the news about 2 weeks ago at his school they had the foot ball players get blind folded and told them that they would be kissed by a girl, and they brought their moms in and the moms kissed them and then they took the blind fold off, and the look on my nephew's face was precious. Not at all what they were hoping for! It has been really hard for my nephew because he is such a big guy (he's 6 foot 6") and of course all the other guys have to push him around and if he pushes back at all, he gets in major trouble, since any sign of violence from someone that large scares a lot of the teachers. It isn't really fair, but I suppose you have to learn how to deal with that male tussling when you are a big guy. It is just unfortunate that his dad died the week he started high school, and we all worry more for him because of it. Whenever he isn't doing something for school he is supposed to he just says to his mom, don't worry mom, if I don't get into college, I'll just join the marines... Which my sister say she just thinks, enjoy Falusia son, but doesn't say it... His now "sainted" father was a marine.... Oh well, I hope he doesn't do that. He's a good kid... but it has been a rough adjustement for my sister and her husband to have him 100% of the time starting right when it is tougher to have them around. Plus it is kind of weird for my brother in law, since the kid always had a dad (and he's been with my sister since before the kid could possibly remember any differently) that my brother in law didn't try to be a dad to him, so now it is just kind of weird... but they are managing just fine... Anyway, I'm very close to my sister, so it is the closest thing I have to a son... well besides my dog...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!
Busy at work, haven't been able to get on here in a few days. I'm glad to read that for the most part everyone is well. (sorry to hear about sick kiddies and sad puppies!) I hope everything is better tomorrow POP and good health for everyone!! I lost a pound this week (even after eating almost an ENTIRE box of cereal oops!) I'm pretty excited though I still have 4 more pounds to go to reach my thanksgiving goal...though I don't know if I can physically lose 4 pounds in less than a week...oh well though I won't give up! Have a great rest of your Thursday...I looove Thursday night TV!!!
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #135  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, guys, for the well wishes for DS. He's fine. He never threw up again and felt great this morning, so I brought him to school. He did great - although he did come by to show me that he fell on the track at PE and scraped up one of his elbows pretty badly. DH came to get him at the end of the day.

I've had 7 conferences so far and they've gone really well. The thing is, there won't be any surprises for the parents. I send home a DAILY behavior report - we call it a "Pride Sheet." I write on it every day, parents see and sign it every evening. If they need to let me know something, there's space for them to write on the Pride Sheet, too. So if their child has been a stinker, they already know it!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote