Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow Karen, I've seen curling on the Olympics but never known anyone who actually did it. Very interesting.

I did come find some old pictures and was just SHOCKED at how bad I looked with the extra weight. Not that I'm some great beauty now, but gee whiz, how did I not notice those extra chins? It counteracts those subtle voices that come around and suggest that there hasn't really been that much difference so I should really eat whatever I want. Sometimes bad food calls to me... Burger King should just be fined for the smell that they put out... The way to the gym you get stuck at the longest light just in front of the burger king, sometimes it smells just too good.

Amy, Ooh I had forgotten it was TBL tonight. You do look like Trisha in that photo. Sometimes when I haven't lost as much, is when I've done some shrinking... your body is probably working really hard at pulling it all back in. Do you have any big exams coming up, or are you going to get a nice break for Thanksgiving? I've seen the real housewives of Orange county, and watching it makes me feel so normal and well grounded.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #77  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kim #2.........your DIL and son are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

I must see an episode of the orange country housewives or whatever it is called. If it makes one feel sane and normal, I could certainly use a dose of that every now and then

Must go catch up on all of my TV. My network friends get lonely for me when I spend too much time on here
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #78  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh Jillian - I love the cake you made...you are so talented!
Hope you feel better soon; stinks to be on vacation with strep! Take your meds and sleep!!

All this talk of Amy looking like Trisha Yearwood made me put a picture of Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks in my profile. My sister is in the middle (she's the 101 lb boitch); this picture was taken a few months ago; Garth's pants are a tad tight if you ask me!

Last edited by Joni135; 11-13-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #79  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Nicole, Joni you girls are cracking me up!!
Network friends? 101 lb biotch?

Joni-how on earth was your 101lb sister able to meet Garth and Tricia??? I have grown up loving both of them--how fun! Garth's pants do look snug-but don't they always? I love them both bc they both battle their weight. It seems like you never know if they each will look skinny or fat from year to year. Seems like since they've gotten married Trisha has looked pretty svelte! I'd love to look like her--curvy but not flabby.

Karen-wow-I think I have seen curling on the Olympics but I never knew exactly how you played. Sounds like FUN! Thanks for filling me in!

I just got done watching OC housewives--it's so entertaining to me bc I went to college with many people from throughout the OC area and met a lot of their families etc who lived just like that. It's a crazy lifestyle-one that looks like great fun on the outside but knowing what I know now-I'm glad I have my normal little life!

TBL and DWTS is being tivod so I can fast forward through it to get to the good parts!

Barbara- I am taking it easy this week before the finals crunch gets going. My trial took it out of me so I'm recouping. Finals start right after tgiving-so it's always a quick holiday break before I get back to it!

Good night everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #80  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

hey guys, home from curling - just thought I would check in quick and see what happening. I have curled since I was in school - so probably like 30 yrs. My mom curled, and we spent a lot of time in the rinks as kids. A lot of other kids did to - they used to call us rink rats. My son curls and he started when he was 8 years old. Its a great sport - a lot of fun, and surprising how much excersise it is. Well, not so much for me - because the Skip doesn't do a lot of sweeping, but still its better than sitting at home on my butt.

However, now I am off to see the results of DWTS.

Good Night all, talk to you tomorrow.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 AM   #81  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Two more days!! That's my mantra today. Just two more days of school before Thanksgiving break!!! We are all tired. The kids don't want to learn. I don't really feel much like teaching. We're doing a lot of themed work this week. Math sheets about telling time called "Turkey Time!" and reading comprehension about the Pilgrims.

Tomorrow, we're making Edible Cornucopias. Each child will bring 1 cup of some mini snack (marshmallows, little cookies, M&Ms, Skittles, chocolate chips, Teddy Grahams, Goldfish, etc). I'm taking a giant bowl and will call each child up one at a time. As he adds his ingredient, he will tell something he's thankful for. We have a "thanking" song that we'll sing while I stir it all together and then I will scoop up a serving of our "Thankful Trail Mix" into waffle cones for the kids to enjoy muching on. It's always a big hit and I never know what's going to go into the mix. So far, an awful lot of kids have brought marshmallows!! I bought a few salty ingredients yesterday to add - actually I bought those so that the kids whose parents won't send anything can still participate, but at least that means everything won't be sweet!! The kids never really care what's in it. They all just love doing a fun activity!

I was printing a big project for DS's class last night. His wonderful teacher had each child write what Fall looks like, smells like, sounds like, tastes like, and feels like. She was showing me the book she had made of their responses and I asked her to let me bring it home and print it for her. I have a printing business. Why not use it?? So I brought it home, prettied it up with cute clip art and started printing it last night. Of course, halfway through the printing, my printer ran out of magenta toner!! It was after 11, so I couldn't run to Office Depot. So I'm taking a couple of copies - she wanted parents to see them at conferences tomorrow night - and will print the kids' copies tonight after I get a new toner cartridge. I binding them for her so they will look nice.

My conference with her about DS was yesterday afternoon. I was proud to hear that he's doing so well. He's reading well above average level and she says he's doing great. Aside from a few minor behavior things that she termed, "typical first grade boy stuff," he's a great student. That's always great for a teacher to hear. The last thing I wanted was to hear my friend and co-worker tell me that my son is horrible in class. She said a dozen times how silly she felt to meet with me since we talk EVERY day about Christopher! His classroom is just two doors down from mine, so poor thing can't get away with much. His class was next to mine in PreK and down the hall in kindergarten. This year, he moved into a new building, but the principal moved me, too, so we're still on the same hall. Next year, I'm going to request a teacher whose room is in a different building just so he can get away from me and feel a little more independant. I love getting hugs in the hall, but I'll bet he feels like I'm looking over his shoulder all the time!

Okay, I've written my novel for the day! Have a great day, everyone!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #82  
Post-Master

Good morning all. I am in a pickle I am trying to decide if I want to do FF today or keep being a naughty girl. I won't go into it, I just havne't been very good lately. I made some things last night, (trying not to tempt the disciplined) and I don't konw if I can resist them.......AND, I can't just throw them in the trash, as it wouldn't be fair to the kids........oh, decisions, decisions...........
Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 AM   #83  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguerin View Post

sscott - Birthday cake is 2 Starches 1 Fat

Really? Is that in the maintainance book? I really need to get my act together.......I hate it when my pants are tight!!!!!

When will you get the results of your scan? I bet this has been a long few days for you.
XOXO
Old 11-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #84  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Karen - Curling sounds like fun...good for you! I did see that on the Olympics...before that, I had never heard of it.

Amy - I am so hooked on TBL! It's my motivation and thank God for DVR or else with a 3 yo, I would never get to watch it. I have watched the housewives...I'm actually a reality TV junkie

Jillian - hope you feel better and that your kids don't get strep. Excellent job on the cake!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #85  

Nicole - do you really expect anyone here to tell you that you should keep being a naughty girl?! You need to suffer like the rest of us! Just kidding...but really, get back on track. And, you know, I've decided that 2 days of FF is just too much for me and then I gain it back anyway. So when I do a FF to get myself back on track, I just do it for one day. And the cake is actually in the free to live cards (I think that's what they're called), so you can count that now and not have to wait until maintenance! Don't go too crazy, you can't have the cake every day
Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 AM   #86  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Nicole Nicole Nicole......of course, I would have to trash the junk, but I understand your situation...you have a houseful of people that could use that grub! what to do what to do. Go put on your tightest pair of pants and wear those all day. I swear that makes me eat less!

Felicia - hang in there...your break will soon be here. You are so talented!! I love all your school project ideas. I cannot wait for you to hit your 50 lb mark..I want to see a new avatar...HEY, I know you still have your other house to sell. Good Morning America (or one of those morning talk shows) is doing a "sell your house boot camp" which you may want to check out..here's a link http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TurningPoi...ory?id=3855152

Amy - my sister 'dates' the head of Garth's record label. He lives in Nashville and my sis lives in Connecticut, so it's definitely a long-distance thing. Many years ago (25 or so) they were neighbors. He divorced his wife and moved on but his kids are still in CT and he and my sis have stayed in touch over the years. My sister's husband passed away about five years ago, and she and Joe hook up whenever time and schedules permit.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #87  
Post-Master

Well, thanks girls. I had to own up, just to make it real. And want to know what made it even more real? I jumped on the sclae.......and since I am a proffesional yo yo dieter, I have gained 8 pounds in about 2 weeks!!!! Nice, huh? So, I am going to move my ticker, and set myself up some sort of tiny goal to see if I can get this going again Thanks for the pep talk, and the accountability!!! I love you guys XOXO
Old 11-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #88  

You're as bad as I am, Nicole...a glutton for punishment when it comes to that stupid scale! Those 8 pounds will come off quickly...it's probably mostly water weight. You can do it, you can do it
Old 11-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #89  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Good Morning all!
A quick check in before I head to work.

Jillian-great cake! I bet Jag loved it (love his name by the way). I'm so sorry you have strep. I'm hoping the kids don't get it and hopeing you start feeling better!

Karen-what did you think of the show? I didn't really know who that guy was? I guess a soap star but I don't watch soaps so I wasn't familiar. Sure was a cutie though. I'm glad Jenny is still there! And yes, getting out and curling sure is better than what I did all night...sat on my butt!

Joni-wow! What I wouldn't give to have a hook up with someone affiliated with my favorite singer of all time!? shh-don't tell dbf. That is quite somethin'. Have you been to a show? I hear he is coming out of the woodwork this year and actually going to perform. I am determined to get to a concert. I've heard they are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Nicole, Nicole-nevermind the FF-I agree with TIna- I always gain it back and then eat crappy afterwards. I vote that you try very hard to be POP and make the best choices possible. I've been pretty consitently POP and this week have made it my goal to eat the lightest starches I can. Usually wasa crackers or fiber one. It's showing on the scale thankfully! You know what you have to do and we all know you can do it! DBF bought ice cream snickers bars from Sams Club this weekend. He's been wanting to buy them forever and I finally gave in and told him that it wouldn't bother me...I'm so dead set on not having one that everytime I open that freezer and see the giagantic box staring at me...it feels GOOD not to grab one! You can resist!!

Your mini goal looks perfect and I know you can do it!

Tina-what did you (and everyone else) think of TBL? I don't want to spoil it for everyone else if you haven't watched yet....but I was happy with who was voted off and also very impressed with her w/l since the show! She looked really great! 100lbs! I found last nights show very motivating!

Ok-late for work-bye for now!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #90  
sscott

Thanks for the info on the cake. I was able to fit it in without being off my plan! Yeah! I have been trying really hard to stay POP this week, but the scale hasn't been as friendly. Oh well, I will keep doing what I am supposed to do and it will come off!

Amy - I have seen Garth in concert 3 times and his shows are like nothing else I have every seen. If he starts touring again, go see one! It will be worth every cent!

Felicia - Hang in there, vacation is almost here! We have to teach Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, but I am still looking forward to an extra long weekend!

Beacon - how are you doing? Hang in there!

I hope you all are having a great day!