3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   POP week for Nov 12-Nov 19 with menu accountability? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/126905-pop-week-nov-12-nov-19-menu-accountability.html)

marzbe 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

POP week for Nov 12-Nov 19 with menu accountability?

Okay, let's go for another week of POP. Planning included this time. :dizzy:

Since I'm on a role and I know it's going to be crazy week this week. My menu for tommorrow is done and ready to go!

Red w/ Lites Maitenance
  1. Zone Bar, 2 R/F string cheese, 15 grapes, R/F Wheat Thins (Lite, F, D, S)
  2. Cereal Bar (F,S)
  3. S/F N/F Latte, Cookie Dough Lite (D, Lite)
  4. 3 cups sliced peppers, 8 oz chicken breast, 100 calorie pack cheetos (3 Vs, P, S, Fat)
  5. Apple 1 1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (F, 1/2 P)
  6. 6 oz Salmon, Cucumber and tomato with olive oil (P, 3Vs, Fat)
  7. Frozen Fruit Bar (F)

Anybody else in for it with the Daily Menu option too?

amylou7777 11-11-2007 08:48 PM

I'm In!!! Let's do it ladies-I was 1 out of three for POP days this weekend but got better as the days went on....

Today I'm POP-still need to write in my journal and post it on here...I'll post once I eat dinner!

Beacon6 11-12-2007 09:36 AM

I'm in...I ate HORRIBLY yesterday. I feel terrible today about it too! I'm bloaded and puffy from all the excessive eating and salt. Does any one have any ideas to get rid of the yucky side effects of overreating? I will DEFINITELY be posting my menu on here! It will help me get back to POP!
Thanks!

LizzyW 11-12-2007 11:15 AM

I am in. Today's menu is:

2 Eggs, 4 oz OJ - P, F
7 oz. Smoothie - D
Salad, Apple, 1/8c Cashews - 2V, F, 1/2 Fat
Cereal Bar - S, F
Salmon, 1/2 Potato w/Smart Balance, Some sort of veggie - P, S, 1/2 Fat, V

Not sure if this is exact, but it is pretty darn close.

Liz

Lynx 11-12-2007 12:41 PM

Hi Liz,
I have to ask - what plan are you on? It looks like gold without lites. If you are not doing lites, then the real plan that you are on is green. How tall are you?

week 45
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 55 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Mama Nicole 11-12-2007 01:49 PM

Oh, I am with Lynn. Are you doing lites? If you are not getting enough calories, Liz, this could be why you are stalling.

LizzyW 11-12-2007 02:50 PM

I am on Gold and I am not doing lites. I haven't done lites since the center closed. I have thought about that too. I have tried to get an extra 1/2P in, but it seems so difficult to do. Do you know of a good suppliment for the lites? I am 5'6. I will have to go back and look at what the green entails. There is a thread on that isn't there?

Liz

emmysmom 11-12-2007 03:13 PM

Green is definitely not good for you, Liz. You should be doing purple w/no lites. Basically, it's bigger protein sizes and an extra veggie.

Lynx 11-12-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizzyW (Post 1927369)
I am on Gold and I am not doing lites. I haven't done lites since the center closed. I have thought about that too. I have tried to get an extra 1/2P in, but it seems so difficult to do. Do you know of a good suppliment for the lites? I am 5'6. I will have to go back and look at what the green entails. There is a thread on that isn't there?

Liz

Liz,

Green is for people who are at the top end of the healthy weight for their height and they still want to lose weight. For someone like yourself, who is 5'6", the healthy weight range for you is 117-154. So let's say you were down to 154 and still wanted to lose weight to go lower, then you would eat according to the green plan.

You do not want to be on green, but by eating on the gold plan and not using the lites, you are effectively at a calorie level comparable to green.
Even if you were to eat an extra 1/2 protein a day, that would not be enough to make up for the almost 400 calories a day that the lite bars represent.

You are not at a low enough weight to safely be on green. Green is the lowest level plan and the hardest to follow because of the low level of calories.

I totally agree with Tina. If you are not doing lites every day, then you should be on purple. If you choose to do lites, then you would be on gold.

As far as substitutes for lite bars, many people use lunas. I am sure others will chime in with the other suggestions. Take care

week 45
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 55 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

marzbe 11-12-2007 04:40 PM

Liz,
I'm all about subbing now simply for the variety. I do either hte South Beach high protein cereal bars, the Zone Advantage bars, or Lunas. The extra half protein is actually really easy to get in. It's as easy as 2 1/2 Tbsp of nuts, a hard boiled egg, or a string cheese. I have tons of half protein ideas, let me know if you need any. Also Purple has about 2 ounces more of most protein meaures.

AvidKayaker 11-12-2007 07:23 PM

Purple Plan Information

Hi Liz, If you decide you want to use the purple plan here are the details.

On Purple you would eat 2 P, 2 S, 3 Fruit, 4 V, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat

I believe the dairy and protein exchange amounts are the only difference and I have listed them below.

If there is anything I have left out feel free to PM me.

Quote:

Protein portion sizes (raw wt, if cooked subtract one ounce) Non-vegetarian clients may select from the vegetarian protein list but it's recommended to do so in moderation.

Beef 6 oz; Calamari 7oz; Chicken Breast or ground white meat 8 oz
Cottage Cheese 3/4 c
Eggs - 3 whole large (6 per week max) or 3/4 c egg beaters
Ricotta Cheese, part skim 6 oz
Roast Beef (luncheon meat, low fat, low sodium, thin sliced) 8 slices
Shrimp 7 oz
Tuna, canned drained 6 oz
Turkey breast or ground white meat 7 oz

Veg Proteins
Beans anytype, bagged - 2 c
1% cottage cheese 3/4 c
Lentils - 2 c cooked
Miso - 5 oz
Nuts - 5 Tablespoons
Seeds - 5 Tablespoons
Peanut Butter - 3 Tablespoons
Vegetarian burger any variety 2
Vegetarian hot dog any variety 2
Dairy
Cheese - part skim light or RF lower sodium - 2 oz
Milk - 8oz non-fat or skim
Yogurt - 8oz NF light artificially flavored any flavor, or plain NF

BarbaraB 11-12-2007 07:48 PM

Beacon6, surely you have discovered the miracle of hot lemon water? Just hot water and lemon, and I've heard that putting the actual lemon rind in the boiling water to get the essential oils from the skin gives it extra oomph.

I've also found that asparagus is great for helping to reduce water retention. Plus I really like it. I've heard that some people actually drink the juice that they boil the asparagus in, but the closest I've come to that is just making a soup with asparagus in it. (Low sodium broth is a wonderful thing!).

I will stick with the POP ness for the first 4 days of the week, but I already have big plans for going off on Friday for our wedding anniversary, but maybe after taking Friday off, I can actually manage a POP weekend for a change.
So I'm in for a time...

amylou7777 11-12-2007 09:10 PM

omg Liz-that is no enough food! I hope you can figure out what works for you-but being POP with so little calories must be tough!

Here is my RED w/Lites MENU for today
Monday 11/12

2.5 P, 4V, 3 F, D, fat, 3S, 2Lites

B: 1+ tbs RF Peanut Butter w/ Choc Lite Shake 1/2P Lite
S: Apple, Wasa Cracker F, S
L: 3 C lettuce, 1 can tuna w/ lite Mayo, mushrooms and cucumber, dressing, wasa cracker, 1/2 strawberries 1/2 canned peaches (2V, Fat, C, S, F)
S: 10 oz coffee w/ milk and splenda (D)
D: 3 C lettuce, 1/2 c Red Bell Pepper, 1/2 cup Mushrooms, dressing, 2 garden burger patties, 1/4 cup cooked noodles (P, 2V, S,C)
S: Lite, Orange (F, Lite)

H20: 80oz

Tuesday Cool 11-12-2007 10:01 PM

POP two days!

POP two days and counting. I ate out twice on Saturday but was well within range of being on plan. I took about 45mins in the morning deciding what I was going to have at each meal out and split the other exchanges through out the day. I only went over because my friend had some tempura shrimp and they looked so good!

LizzyW 11-13-2007 11:18 AM

Morning all,

OK so green doesn't seem to be what I need. I will go back to purple I guess. Tina, I sent you a PM in response to yours. I think I still have a purple plan at my house. I will let you know. Thanks for all the key information. Maybe that is why I keep stalling. I will give it a try.

I was totally POP yesterday. Here is to another POP day. My menu is below:

B - Slim Fast, Pear: P, S, F
Snack1 - Nuts: Fat
L - LAWL Clam Chowder, Apple: P, S, D, F
Snack2 - Orange: F
D - Salad: 3V

Good luck everyone on being POP.