Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #1  
Amy

Talking Students!

Hey guys!

I was on WW for a while and they had a thread just for students and it was GREAT. Anyone else obviously can join too, but the support was great.

Basically, I need help from those on LAWL in school. When I did LAWL the first time successfully, I was working full time, which I feel is easier than being home more often.

Any suggestions, help, advice?

THANKS!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #2  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi Amy, I am Kimberly a mother of a 2 year old, in college to become an RN and I work 25+ hours a week. My main suggestion is to plan, plan, plan ahead... And if you dont have a little cooler lunch box, invest in one! This especially helps while at school. And stay away from the vending machines! They are my worst enemy!!! Welcome to LAWL! Cant wait to get to know you!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #3  
Amy

Hey Kimberly!

Thanks for the advice! The best/worst thing I found about this diet is the planning! If you do it, you see results, but it's so tedious!

Good luck with your studies! And your 2 year old!

Feel free to email/IM anytime! [email protected]
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #4  
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

Hi Amy and Kimberley,
I'm having some serious problems with the planning too. They keep telling me to preplan but I end up killing that idea because I never end up eating what I wrote down because my days are so bizarre.
For now, I'm just trying to finish up my starches mid-day, save the proteins for the morning and evening, and keep the fruits and vegetables for evenings.
Measuring is also a huge problem for me especially when I buy salads from the caf at school. For the most part, I just end up estimating but I'm thinking about getting a portion-control lunch box from the centre.
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:43 PM   #5  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Ladies, I am on board completely with the hectic schedule! I can plan all I want but it seems that by the time I get home that meal I had planned for supper and a snack just goes out the window.. I just have not figured out what to do about it! I'm just so exhausted when I get home!!!
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #6  
Amy

Let's make a pact to plan better!! i am lucky enough to et home from school in time to make a full dinner. Do you guys have a copy of the cookbook? I think a woman named Kathy (?) made her own, it's like 30 pages and it's AMAZING. Send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

There's so much in there and the ones I have made so far are not hard at all to make!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #7  
Amy

Haha, her name is Deb...
Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #8  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi Amy-I remember you from the summertime when I first joined! Where have you been? You look great!

Believe me I can relate to the issues with being a working student. I gained 40+ lbs in my first two years of law school and have finally gotten rid of them! Planning is TOUGH but it's necessary. I also make use of the salad bar a lot and I mentioned before that I made friends with the cook behind the counter at my school's cafeteria. It's just a small hamburger and sandwhich kind of thing-lots of fried foods-but I asked if he could saute some veggies for me (not on the reg menu) and he was happy to! We just have to be aware of our old habits and really make it easier to succeed.

Good to see you back! Good luck!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/191/150

Height: 5'4"

Another busy mom here. I have a 2 year old and I am a full time student, I work full time and my husband is full time student. I have been on LAWL for a month now and the hardest part for me is the planning. Also, it was so easy before to pop a pizza in the oven for dinner and now I have to come home and cook, clean, study, play with my baby in a 3 hour time frame. haha.
Any tips on meals i can cook in advance and freeze would be greatly appreciated!
rocketcitychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #10  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

RocketCityChik you aren't far from me atall! I live just on the other side of decatur
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #11  
Amy

Hi Amy! Thanks! I think it's just a god angle, I've gained so much! Oh well, it's back on the wagon for me and I am really excited about it!

You look great! It's funny, I've been away since August at least, and everyone has lost so much and looks amazing! It's so inspirational!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/191/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyLashea View Post
RocketCityChik you aren't far from me atall! I live just on the other side of decatur
small world isnt it!!!
rocketcitychik is offline   Reply With Quote