Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #46  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

stilltryin
As long as you don't give up you will do fine. Sometimes I just takes sitting down with a pen and paper and looking things straight in the eye. Write down what you have been doing that is bad for you. Think about why and how you can change that. Relizeing what is going on really can keep us on track.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #47  

stilltrying...one pound is great. hang inthere it will pay off.
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #48  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Thanks!!!!!! Even though I am stressed to no end, and just ready to scream, I actually feel pretty good about the choices I have been making! Go Figure, usually when I am stressed I EAT...but not this time.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #49  

Mez, the container does have 4 compartments. I guess I was thinking that it was going to be something different. Where will your son be going to college? My son goes to Ball State University in Indiana. I've heard of those protein drinks but I've never had them. Let us know if you try them.

Jinx, we've had rain for 2 days in a row. The sun did come out for a short while today. There have been days when I've eaten terribly, and I haven't had any TE's.

I started journaling again today. Maybe that will get me back on track. I have also had more water today than I have had in ages!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #50  

stilltrying...how long have you been on alli ? i read an article and it said alli only works for 6 months and that all the weight comes back...i think the only way it could though is if a person goes back to uncontrolled eating. i wonder after 6 mo. i would need to go off for a month and then back on..i think i will write the alli site.. congrats to you still for hanging in there and sounds like you have changed how you look at food..a major milestone !!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #51  
Rennie

got2get
I think the problem is when someone stops taking alli. They would need to drop the amount of fat out of their diet that alli has been taking care of. That would be about 25% of the amount of fat they were taking in. For example. If you were taking in 35 grams of fat a day and taking alli. Without alli you would only be able to take in 26.25 grams of fat to maintain the weight loss. Any more than that would cause you to gain weight because the alli was no longer flushing 25% of the total fat out of your system.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Jinx – We bought my son a Zune for X-mas last year he loves it!

Still – WTG on not stress eating!

Tammy – I was looking at the picture they had on the URL for the storage container and it doesn’t look the same. Humm maybe newer model. My son is thinking on going to Iowa State or Michigan State. Then my husband and I will be empty nesters. Well kind of I watch my grandkids while my daughter is at school. (Med tech then Nursing) I’ll keep you posted on the Protein Drinks. My hat really goes off to people that are journaling I just can’t seem to keep up with one. I’ve heard they are a great help in helping one figure out what is working or not. I really should try again. Do you have a certain amount of water you want to drink in a day? I bought a camping water bottle. Then I put a couple rubber bands around it and I take one off each time I drink one bottle. This helps me keep track if I’m reaching my goal. WTG on drinking your water. I read once that think of water as a bus and each time you drink it fills up with waste your body no longer needs. If you drink plain water there is more room than if you drink flavored. (my problem) It can be a huge help in weight loss.

I hurt my shoulder once again and the doctor wants me to see an orthopedic surgeon. (fingers crossed I don’t need surgery) Everybody getting ready for Black Friday. Personally I don’t think I’m going to go out this year. It has gotten to crazy with people getting robbed in line and such.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #53  
Rennie

Mez
We never could figure out how to make that ticker lol. Oh well sigh I can just be jealous of you. I don't go shopping when a lot of people are out. All that pushing and shoving. Wellllllllllll, they just won't get out of my way lol.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #54  

shy..you are right.the only way to gain it back is to go back to bad eating.my dr. said i could qualify for lap band, but i dont want to go that way.you are doing really great ! i wrote to the alli site about alli only working 6 mo. and they still havent written back..dont know what to make of that. i am nervous today. lot of changes in the air. i dont like change. i may have to get a new job soon and i dont know what i want to do...oh welll such is life.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #55  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Tammy, I was very good about taking Alli for the first 3 months, then the last 3 I have been basically off of it. Now I am re-starting it again.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #56  
Rennie

got2get
I doubt they are going to tell anyone their product really only works for a certain amount of time. They wouldn't make any money that way. Thank you about how I am doing. I have wondered why I just don't generally lose more than 1lb a week lol. I saw on another thread a formula how you figure out how much you should be eating and how much you have to drop ( calories ) to lose 1lb a week. I am right where the formula says. Heck I didn't even know there was a formula. I must be a pretty smart cookie ( ok I will admit to you but NOT to him, the hubby helped me figure out all the stuff lol ). If I wanted to lose 2lbs a week I would have to go under 700 calories a day or do a ton more exercise and the doc said no way. My joints just can't take it.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM   #57  

shy.....you are a very smart person !!! i am really going to have to buckle down and get more weight off. my dr told me today i need 2 surgeries..foot re build and othoscopy. 2 differnt surgeries 2 different drs. no more soup in bread bowls for me for awhile looks like 3 more months of disability too. on it goes. i know alli wouldnt answer, but in fairness i think they should say after 6 mo go off one month then re start..something just dont leave us hangin. shy i am not good at math so what was your calorie goal...mine i think is 1600 tho i dont hit that high most days...sue
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #58  
Rennie

Got2get
I do 1200 to 1400. Alli said 1600 and 52 grams of fat I think. I could NEVER hit that high.

While I was at the docs I told her I just wasn't taking enough food in she said, "Good heavens that is way to high for you, no wonder you can't hit it." Asked me what my averages were and I told her about 1200 to 1300 calories, 30 to 35 fat, 180 to 210 carbs lol. She told me those were just about the exact general amounts she was going to tell me. If I wanted to do the alli fat could be 25% higher, but to remember, when I got off the alli I wouldn't be able to take in that much fat. I would have to take in 25% less fat than I was use to. I just broke down the amounts on the back of packages for 2000 calories and came up with the amounts lol.

I tryed alli a couple of times and my ibs just won't do it. I couldn't stay out of the bathroom and I had made sure for at least two weeks I had been taking in no more than 30 grams of fat a day. Some people just can't use it I guess.

I have gotten so use to the people on this thread and like you all so much. I still post here. I find you all so inspirational.

I am sorry to hear about your surgery's. I frayed that darn thing that goes from the ball of the foot to the heal twice now. The doc is saying that is it. I really need to have surgery in both feet. I think I will just take it easy lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-13-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 235/195/150

Well, I am just checking in. Had some TE's yesterday but not bad. I was just in the bathroom more than usual. I think I rewarded the 5 pound loss a little too well. But I am all better now. Tracking what I eat religiously. My leader mentioned at this meeting that we can't forget to count all the BLT's we take in a week: Bites, Licks & Tastes. He was so right. No more nibbling from my toddler's happy meal.
I had to take Jenna (my 22 month old) to the dr today. Her asthma was bad and she has this vicious cough. So she is on an antibiotic, singulair, pulmicort and xopenex (forgive the bad spelling). I just don't know how any child can be this sick to need so much medicine yet she is running around raising havoc. $200 at the pharmacy. Needless to say, my husband is a little cranky.
Watching the Biggest Loser. I haven't decided yet if I like it.
I was wondering about the 6 month time line on the Alli bottle. I hope to have my weight off by then. I think the important thing is to have a healthy eating plan in place when that 6 months is up. I don't want to be on a pill my whole life but I do like to think that it is there for me when I need it. So, I am still optimistic about it. 6 months is plenty of time to teach yourself how to eat healthier.

So that is where I am today...

Got2, I am the same way about change. It always makes me nervous. I hope things go okay for you on the job situation.
Mez, I like the way you explained the water consumption and how it flushes out all of the waste. I have such a hard time drinking my water. I know I would lose more if I grank more water. I don't think I am doing the Black Friday thing. I know it is going to be crazy and I don't know if I want to deal with people getting nuts over a few dollars saved. Most times I get there too late to get any of the advertised deals anyway. I hope you don't need the shoulder surgery.
JinxCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #60  
Rennie

Jinx
I am so glad I am not so strict with myself that I count blt's lol. I tend to do that when I am cooking. If I have done it a lot while I am cooking I eat even smaller portions but only if I have done it a lot. I am so sorry to hear the little one is still sick. Yes, It costs so darn much to get prescriptions even when you have insurance sometimes.