Old 11-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #136  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Oh, congrats Felicia. That is an awesome loss!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #137  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Joni, Sorry to hear about Charlie. I have been thru it myself with my 16 yr old Jack Russell so I know exactly how you feel and when it is Chancey's turn I will likely be a basket case. Just remember where he is now he is pain free and happy!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:01 PM   #138  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi gang...

Just a quick hit to say hello.. I've come back from the conference sick as a dog. I don't know if it was overindulging in salsa and really spicy pico de gallo at last night's fajita bar, or if I've caught a stomach bug from a co-worker at the conference.. Either way, I'm feeling REALLY, REALLY crappy...

Not sure what this will do to the scales.. I need to drink some more water or juice so I don't dehydrate...

Anyway.. Talk to you soon...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Charlie Dog

Joni,
My heart goes out to all who have the compassion to let animals into their lives enough to mourn them at the end. Our grief is payment for the unconditional love they gave during their lives.
As I write I am looking at the box containing the ashes of my dear Leon. Adventure dog, tripping hazard, companion, and love of my life (no offense to DH). I understand the loss after a long fight is no less painful.
I am a long time animal advocate (read nut). Have been a licensed veterinary nurse for 12 years, and work in a high volume animal shelter. I have seen so much death and loss, but it never stops hurting.
On Thanksgiving Day I will scatter Leon's ashes on Pismo Beach next to where I scattered his hero, Max, six years ago.
Thinking of you, Tuesday
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #140  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Joni,
I am so sorry to hear about Charlie. Unfortunately, I know how you feel. But I believe he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge and is pain free and happy! My Edgar let me know about 4 days after he passed. Take care of yourself!!
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 AM   #141  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Joni,

Tears fall from my eyes as I write you to tell you that I hope you and your DH make it through this time in one piece. I know it has been a long hard battle, and I know I would have done the exact same thing. The last thing I would ever want is to watch my dog be in pain. But I just can't imagine having to let go. My dbf and I got our dog at the begining of our relationship and he is my first dog ever. He is absolutely treated like a child in our family and it sounds like dear Charlie dog was a huge part of your life. I just hope the pain of losing a member of your family subsides with time. Sending you lots of hugs, love and understanding....
RIP Charlie.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 AM   #142  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey, guys. Think of me this morning. I have a meeting before school with the father of my newest student. He's only been at our school for 3 days, but it has been just awful. He has thrown my entire classroom into chaos - shouting out, yelling racial slurs, cursing in class and on the playground. He just has no respect for anyone or anything (Remember that I teach 2nd grade!). He has called several students (and me) horrible names. Yesterday, I had had enough and called his father to come meet with me and principal. In the 12 years I've taught, I've never had a student that affected me this way. I didn't sleep all night. My stomach is just in knots. Full-time photography instead of teaching is sounding really good right now!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #143  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh Felicia, good luck with your meeting. I hope that the father is either kind and receptive, or so rude that the principal kicks them out of the school. You do not need this kind of stuff to deal with.

Joni- My thoughts and prayers are with you this morning.

Someone asked about my nephew, he is doing great, getting big. Also, the baby who was having all of the seizures moved to Chicago. I talked to his mom about a month ago and he had been in the hospital for a few weeks, then sent home with a permanent feeding tube. I really need to call her and see how he is doing now.

I was OP yesterday. It felt really good. I made beef stew for dinner and was not sure how to count it, so I counted it as S, S, P, V, V, Fat. It is nice to get back to feeling in control, you know.

Here is to a fantastic day everyone!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Joni, sorry to here about Charlie ...i cry sometimes just thinking about the day that i have to put my doggy to sleep and he is healthy and only 2, so my heart goes out to you...

I was POP for most of the day yesterday...but at 9pm, when we got back from our wed night family night at church, i had 1/2 bagel with butter, and a little bit of popcorn (about 1 cup Bagged) and 1/2 of a cookie, no matter what i ate, i didnt feel satisfied, so i quit before it got out of hand...
Today i am off to a good start though...i had chicken breast for breakfast with some rasperries and squash...sometimes i prefer dinner foods for breakfast

Nicole, i take back what i said about you always having fun!...i only have sons, and they can be big butt pains sometimes...i do have a granddaughter to look forward to teen years with..she is pictured in my avatar with my grandson...they are in Wind Lake, WI...son is in the Coast Guard
lacorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #145  
sscott

Good morning all! I hope everyones day is off to a great start.

Joni, I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Charlie! It is so hard to lose a pet. Hang in there and remember all of the happy times!

Felicia, good luck with your meeting. I teach special education and work a lot with emotional disordered students, so this sounds all to familiar to me. Stay strong and confident and you can make it through! Taking and few deep breaths and saying a prayer or two can come in handy as well! Best of luck!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Height: 5'2"

Hi All, Happy Thursday!...That means tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!

So far this week hasn't been too hard to follow the plan. Even when my DBF made dinner last night, steak and ceaser salad...oh AND chocolate chip peanut butter cookies which are my FAVORITE! I didn't eat ANY of the cookies! I couldn't believe it!! Mind over matter...I just know that I can't eat ONLY one so I can't eat ANY!

Joni-I'm so sorry to hear about your dog!

Nicole: Don't worry, there will definitely come a time when your daughter will stop being such a pain and the two of you will be best friends. I was an absolute terror to my mother when I was in high school! I don't know what it is about that age. Then I graduated and went off to college and changed my attitude. Now, my mom is my best friend and I can't go a day without talking to her!! Of course we still get in little arguments and I can still have a bratty moment because I know that she (like all moms) just want the best for their kids. It may be tough now but things will get bettr I promise!! Good luck with the terrible teens!

I don't know if I can do a TO the day after Thanksgiving...I'd be too tempted to cheat with all those leftovers around! I'm not leaving my parents house till Sunday (yikes!) but I rarely go home so I don't want to spoil it by doing the TO for two days, I'll just try to stay on plan after Thanksgiving. I'll start the TO on Monday. Is anyone else going to wait that long?

Have a great day everyone!!
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #147  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Joni - (((hugs))) I am so very sorry about Charlie.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #148  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni, Joni, Joni........can't seem to get you off my brain I hope you are doing ok this morning. Did you take any time off of work? Are you having a pajama day? Do you have a girlfriend or two comming to check in on you and bring you soup and chocolate? I just read your post this morning, and I am just so sad for you. I know Charlie was your world He was lucky to have you!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #149  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Well, I'm feeling better, but still not 100%... I decided to go to work today despite Liz's attempts to keep me at home... We'll see how long I last today, but I've been out of the office so much this week and will be again tomorrow for some meetings, I needed to get in here to get some work done...

Joni... So sorry for your loss.. It's never easy and there are never words to say...

Linda - Dinner for breakfast is a good way to shock your system! I know what you mean about starting to eat and then starting to crave other things and not be satified... The best thing to do in those situations is just get the heck out of the kitchen and go to bed.. I've been in bed a LOT earlier since Liz and I started the plan.. I found that staying led to foraging in the pantry and snacking on all kinds of starches...

Have a great day all!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #150  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie........dangit........I might have to try that next week. I was trying to do lites, but my tummy is about to explode......so I have to do something different. I think they put something in there to make you addicted to them I am going to go review plan 3 right now and contemplate it

Hi everyone.......I am not ignoring you all.......I read everything.......just have a lot to get done today in order to get all of my people ready and packed for our trip
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote