Kellogg's all bran bites?

• OK, a bar is a bar is a bar so long as it fits within certain caloric, sodium, protein and sugar values.
    It seems not to matter if it is soy protein or not, or does it?

I'm counting on you wonderful people to help me figure something out here.
    I noticed last night that the coupons on my 12 boxes of All Bran were expiring and ran to the store to use them. There were for free boxes of Kellogg's Bran bites. Each box has five pouches and if I can find a way to incorporate them into LAWL I'd like to as I hate to waste good food.

They are short on protein, but I wonder if I added a portion of protein of some sort and size to them if it could work as a LA Lite replacement.
    This is where I need your good advice and common sense.

Nutritonal value per 1 28g pouch:
    Calories: 100
    Fat 3.5
    Cholesterol: 0
    Sodium: 90mg
    Potassium: 75mg
    Carbs: 21g
    Fibre: 5g < read somewhere in life each gram of fiber erases 1 gram of carbs and 7 calories >
    Sugar: 8g
    Starch: 8g
    Protein: 2 g

Thoughts?

And please forgive me as we Canadians might use different measurement terms. I'll understand ounces and American measurements, but don't have a conversion chart in front of me to convert the measurements over for ya'all.

CB or Kelly ~laughs as you are right, I wouldn't expect anyone to type out the whole name, friends call me cushie on some forums, or CB, or bunny, or hey you... ~
  • CB.......I am thinking that maybe these would be a better starch exchange than a lite.........most lites have about 160-180 calories, and I want to say like 8 or 9 g of protein. They are nice and high in fiber, so they would be a very healthy starch choice, even though they are a little higher in calories. I will look for my nutritional info on lites later or tomorrow and see how they compare accurately. Of course, you did mention adding a protein to it, so maybe a string cheese or something would make it the right stuff. I will check into it, or someone will chime in
  • Thanks Nicole!

I'm at my mom's now, so I can see the nutritional info on the snack bags. They are not all created equal.
    The good news it it does seem I will be able to incorporate them in somewhere along the way.
    I had thought as a quickie and cheap alternative to an LA Lite I could add a few almonds < protein > , but it is nice to have the option of maybe being able to count it as a starch, or as a possible replacement for something like their Biscottis 1 starch and 1 fruit to make up for any extra sugar.
    I will be going home with a stock pile of Lites and I'm heading across the border soon to the good old USA to see if I can also find some Lunas and some Knudsen's Morning Blend.

I am frugal by heart... just wish I had more American coupons to bring with me.

Man a bunny has got to love this site with the way cool avatars Going to see if I can steal/borrow that one for some of my other sites.

WooHoooo!!!!!
    ~ yah ok, we wabbits get excited easily ~