LA Weight Loss Testimonials - Do you love it? Tell us why :)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I too had great success with LAWL. I started at 180 and got down to 138. The counselors were great. Sad when they closed the centers here in CO. I gained back 12lbs. I need the accountability and the phone counselors just don't cut it for me. I'm still trying to loose the weight I gained back gonna try the latoyourdoor for my lites. Heard good things about them from my counselor. Its really hard to get back on track so wish me luck. go me, go me, go me!!!!
  • It works
    I have always struggled with my weight. I can't honestly say I have tried every diet, but I would bet I have tried 80%. When I joined LAWL 6 years ago, I was 227 pounds. I was astonished that I was losing any weight at all... and at the rate I was losing. Within months I was down to a normal BMI and felt awesome.

The plan is one I could stick with forever and was easy to follow even with a busy schedule. I Maintained my weight for quite some time, then got pregnant with my now 4 year old. After having her, and losing a baby at 20 weeks, I am the heaviest I have ever been. SO I dug out my purple plan and am starting over. I loved LAWL and can't imagine fighting this battle without their plan. In fact, if they had a center open where I am, I would have gladly gone back in and paid.
  • The best plan ever
    I am fairly new to this plan but I do have a very positive experience to share.I started having problems with weight since my mid-twenties due to a medical condition.Then I got married, relocated, traveled across the world and finally when I settled down, i was my heaviest at 198 last summer. I joined Curves for a month and went down to 190. After that I stopped going to the Curves gym but subscribed to their online diet plan. I dropped to 181 over few months but then winter changed everything.I craved and binged on comfort food and slowly started gaining the weight back.I did work out at the gym for 2-3 times a week...still I was gaining it all back. I lost my spirits, motivation and sank into a deep depression when my husband gave me LAWL...as a gift.I started 6th August 2009...at 186.6 and I am down 11.5 lbs and 5 inches in a month.I have never experienced such pure joy before!I feel so free...I do work out 2-3 times a week but dont beat myself up over it. Because I know LAWL has given me a golden-key...to freedom. The key is change of life style...controlling temptations...saying no to what's bad for me.The main difference between the Curves diet and lAWL diet is...the Curves diet is full of processed food while LAWL promotes natural food.I am still experimenting with my food choices on the LAWL plan but I am getting there.Slowly...but surely.

Cheers, to a new me!!!
  • My intro
    MJ I just read your post and I am so happy for you that you found LA. It has also changed my life. I gained 70 pounds with my first baby, lost a few and then got prego with #2. I did better with her and only gained 40, but then a short time later I dound out about # 3 and I gained another 30. Long story short I need to loose about 75- 100 lbs by the time they were all born. I learned about LA from a friend at church who had great success and she has helped me all the way. I have since lost 50 lbs and now I am struggling to lose the rest but I am patient with myself and thrilled with the change in my diet and myself. This web site has been invaluable also because of the recipes and the support everyone gives out. I thank all of you for just being willing to post your struggles. I heard a quote once and I try to remember it. "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Remember this the next time you are faced with a food temptation.
  • Hello all. New here and I love this site. I am on my tenth week of LA Weight Loss and i have lost 35 lbs. needless to say I love it. I love that any cravings that i may have are very manageable. i love that when I am not eating i am planning or thinking about what I am going to be eating next lol. I love that i am eating basically the same foods exept now i am making sure that i eat the correct portions and i eat more often. Although expensive, i believe that the La lites are a big contributor to my success although at this point i do use some substitutions. to anyone thinking of joining i say go for it. I am so happy that i did.
  • Hi rosemary
    i am glad you are on board!Great accomplishment girl!!!!Please do visit the weekly Friends and Losers thread and introduce yourself. that is where the regulars usually post.
  • I was a LAWL consouler in the philadelphia area about 4 years ago and did the program along with my clients. I started at 160lbs and reached 108lbs in about 5 months and kept it off for about a year and a half. I then got pregant with my son who is now two and gained it all back plus an extra 20lbs. I started the plan again and have ordered all of my supplies from la to your door.I'm so excited beacuse i know this works and i will get back down to a comfertable weight for me again.
  • Oh it worked for me! I am so not the type to stick with anything for too long, but the 6 months that I stuck it out, I lost 30 pounds. I finally got into a SINGLE DIGIT pair of jeans! I had tons of energy...and sex drive...tmi? This was about 4 years ago. Here I am, one baby later, 2 home refinances later and more stress and less time later....can we say comfort eating? I am at my highest ever...173!!! Other than being pregnant of course. I know LAWL worked for me and I am ready to get 'er dun! I am hunting for those darned booklets right now. I have the recipe book though! And I now know I can go on EBay to get the bars and shakes. My goal is to get down to 135..a normal BMI. I was mortified to see that I am OBESE..30.8 BMI! This was my wake up call.
    LAWL was a pain at first, weighing in 3 times a week, eating all the time...yes, you eat ALL THE TIME. But once you get used to eating every 3 hours, drinking LOTS of water, you see the weight slide away. I also liked that I was the one making my own meals. Its very therapeutic to make your own food.
    So yeah! It worked for me and it will again. Can't wait to get back on the wagon.
  • Quote: Oh it worked for me! I am so not the type to stick with anything for too long, but the 6 months that I stuck it out, I lost 30 pounds. I finally got into a SINGLE DIGIT pair of jeans! I had tons of energy...and sex drive...tmi? This was about 4 years ago. Here I am, one baby later, 2 home refinances later and more stress and less time later....can we say comfort eating? I am at my highest ever...173!!! Other than being pregnant of course. I know LAWL worked for me and I am ready to get 'er dun! I am hunting for those darned booklets right now. I have the recipe book though! And I now know I can go on EBay to get the bars and shakes. My goal is to get down to 135..a normal BMI. I was mortified to see that I am OBESE..30.8 BMI! This was my wake up call.
    LAWL was a pain at first, weighing in 3 times a week, eating all the time...yes, you eat ALL THE TIME. But once you get used to eating every 3 hours, drinking LOTS of water, you see the weight slide away. I also liked that I was the one making my own meals. Its very therapeutic to make your own food.
    So yeah! It worked for me and it will again. Can't wait to get back on the wagon.
    you can order alot of the LAWL products from latoyourdoor dot com.
  • I am so glad there is a LA weight loss section here! I did LAWL a few years back and had really good sucess. While it was expensive.. it worked.

They taught me how to eat healthy and how to measure food. It surprised me because I had to eat a LOT but it was all good for you. After I learned how much of what I needed in a day I didn't really need to use the book anymore.. it was all in my memory.

I ended up losing 35 lbs. and felt great.. I didn't exercise either. If I would have it probably would have been a faster weight loss.

BUT I did bad to myself by quitting. I lost the weight.. felt awesome and then gradually I gained it all back. Right now I am kicking myself because I am starting over weighing even more than I did before.

LAWL is a great program and easy to follow. The bars are great too because they helped kill that sweet tooth!
  • I reached my goal 5 years ago....unfortunately I put it back on this last 18mths...but it's not the plans fault! The plan works...it honestly teaches you how to eat healthy, makes you aware of what you are putting in your mouth. I'm an emotionaly eater! No diet/healthy living plan was going to keep me from feeding my face these last 18mths. But I'm back and have full confidence in the plan and it will work again!!
  • Does LA weight loss really work? I've heard so many conflicting stories!
  • Sorry, what is this program? Where can you watch it?
  • Quote: Does LA weight loss really work? I've heard so many conflicting stories!
    I think yes, but can you show me what the program is?