Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #16  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Marie, You and your family will definately be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Kim
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

It never ceases to amaze me that the people on this baord are so amazing and supportive. In reading your post Marie, and the beautiful responses, I just want to say that I totally agree with all the rest of the folks here, you are a very special person and your family is blessed to have someone as caring and loving as you obvious are.

I join the rest in wishing you and your family peace and comfort and happy memories. As for your MIL, I am sure she knows how much you and your family love her and I am sure that brings her joy in the midst of her suffering. She is obviously a very brave and corageous lady.

God Bless
Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #19  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

Just to give you a brief update, my MIL is on morphine and another pain med as well. We went to see her last night and she is not herself. The woman who normally watches CSI and cop shows has been intently watching the Disney Channel for the last 2 days. There have been times when she hasn't ven recognized her own mother and times last night when I didn't think she really recognized me or Asher. Her room was set at about 75 degrees and she was shivering despite being under several blankets.

While some of that may have been the medicine, the memory loss has been happening a little over the last week we realize in hind sight. She would forget that she got money out of the bank or bought something and thus overdrew the bank account for instance. So not all of this can be attributed to the morphine.

I thank you all for your continued prayers and support and will keep you updated as I find anything more out.

Marie
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #20  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

You are such a beautiful person inside and out , but whats on the inside is all that matters in the end. I read your story and my tears began to flow. I do know how you feel . 3yrs ago I lost my Brother, Mother, and Dad , I also live with a bog hole in my heart. I do have a wonderful daughter that I have been blessed with. I am so thankful I have her. Your family will make it though this with the love of god and the love of each other.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #21  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Sending you lots of hugs and support! My grandpa passsed away from Alzheimer's a few years ago-so I know how devestating it can be to see someone you respect so much not recognize you and your family. Stay strong Marie. We are thinking of you!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #22  
Purple with Lites

Height: 5'5"

I am sorry to hear she is not herself. Thank you for updating us. Please take care of yourself. Your family has been, and will continue to be, in my prayers.
AvidKayaker is offline   Reply With Quote