3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   I don't know how to lose the weight I desperately want to without eating unhealthly? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125806-i-dont-know-how-lose-weight-i-desperately-want-without-eating-unhealthly.html)

Itsjustme25 10-26-2007 01:06 PM

I don't know how to lose the weight I desperately want to without eating unhealthly?

Hi

This is my first post on this forum so I hope I've done it correctly and appologise now if not. Although I know I'm not overwieght I would really love to slim back down. I have been trying for ages to eat healthly and reduce calorie intake and increase excersise but it just isn't working. I need to lose this weight pretty quickly and get back in to shape for a family wedding in Decemeber. I have found the only way I shift a few pounds is eating like 500 calories a day at a maximum and this generally leaves me starving and drainned! It also doesn't stay off for any long period. Does any one have any ideas as to what I can do or fairly inexpensive ways to lose the weight quickly? That are effective, time lasting and isn't a hugely strict diet I have to stick to for the rest of my life. I know I seem to be asking for some kind of miricle cure but I just want help!

Thank you all for your time
:?:
xxx

mandalinn82 10-26-2007 01:29 PM

Well, if the stats in your profile are correct, you are actually at a normal weight for your height (toward the low end, actually). Our bodies are designed to be at a healthy weight, and if we try to go too far below that, they fight us in efforts to lose, because the body doesn't want its fat stores to go too low.

Maybe your problem is less that you need to lose lbs, and more that you need to get more muscle tone? Strength training and regular exercise would help you to gain muscle tone without having to go to an unhealthy/underweight BMI, which is what your goal weight is (according to your goal listed on your profile, you're aiming for an underweight BMI of 18).

modkittn 10-26-2007 01:35 PM

First, I want to say that for your height you are at a VERY healthy weight. Your target weight would put you at an underweight BMI. I checked, and somewhere around 130 is the lowest weight for a healthy BMI at your height.

As for losing the weight, eating less and moving more is the way to go and is what the overwhelming majority of people on this board do. An inexpensive tool you can use is the FitDay website. You enter what you ate for the day, and it counts your calories and gives you carb/fat/protein percentages, etc. There are also free forms of exercise, like walking, jogging, running, playing frisbee, etc. Another free tool - this site! All the people are very supportive and checking in is sure to keep you on the right track.

freethetoys 10-26-2007 02:27 PM

man id kill to be your size, u must have a stunning figure....but if u wanna tone up, go to the gym, or do some areobics, thats the quickest way to pull in the muscles that are maybe a bit looser, dont starve yourself you probably dont realise how amazing u look.
you can also do detoxes, which help kick start the metabolism again, but the exercise will make u feel better, and glow for a wedding :-)

bargoo 10-26-2007 02:32 PM

I agree with the others , you are at a healthy weight now.