Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #1  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Default *** Daily Menu Thread - October ***

I find it easier to follow my plan if I actually sat down and figurered out the menu for the day...

Just Gold-

B: Yoplait Plus, and some skim milk for my coffee - 1D
S: 1 apple - 1FR
L: DS leftovers from Applebees: 1 mini cheeseburger - 1P, 2S
2 cups lettuce - 2V
S: 1 apple - 1FR
D: 4oz grilled pork, green beans - 1P, 1V
S: Raisins - 1FR

I know that pork is NOT a number one choice, but when DH offers to cook? I say: Thank you very much!

I'm always good girl at work, cause I bring exactly what I'm suppose to have, so let's see if I can be good at home too

Oh, BTW, my goal for the month of October is to lose 10 pounds. My logo is: 10 in 10. So if yesterday 10/01/2007 I was sitting on 159, then on 10/31/2007 I'd like to be 149.0 -- All I need now is lots of:
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Nancy,
Just a question for you. You are doing the plan on your own, right? I notice that you are doing just gold so no lites which really means that you are thinking that you would be on green if you were using lites. I am wondering if you are on the right plan? I would think that you would be on purple since you are not doing lites. The reason that I say this is that I was told that I would go on green at 138 and I am just one inch shorter than you are. I got a good explanation of the way that they determine which plan a person is on. I think there is some confusion about the “within 20 lbs of goal weight.” We choose the weight we are aiming for, but that is usually an arbitrary weight or a prior weight. The COD is using a chart based on the healthy weight range for a particular height. Looking at the chart at http://www.health.gov/dietaryguideli.../chapter4.html I would think that you would go on green (gold, no lites) at a weight between 135-141 because that is at the top of the healthy weight range. Maybe you are struggling because you are not getting enough food.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #3  
Nancy is on the go again

Lynn - Thanks so much for pointing that out!! And I believe you are right! Since I do have several boxes of lites left, I should dig them out and finish them up... I'm used to the Gold, so I might as well stay on it until I'm out of lites. By then, I may even be down enough to go on green or stay on gold w/out lites... I'll add them in tomorrow! Thanks again
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #4  

You are welcome. Hope this helps.

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 48 lbs.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #5  
Nancy is on the go again

Default Gold w/lites

Armed with lites, I'm approching the menu subject once again...

B - Shake: skim milk, banana, blueberries, a hint of honey, protein powder - 1D, 3Fr, 1P
S - La Lite, Quaker 90 cal Granola Bites - 1S
L - salad: just lettuce, w/a bit of FF Ranch - 2V
S - La Lite, Quaker 90 cal mini delight - 1S
D - fish, and veg - 1P, 1V (haven't figured out how to fix the fish...)
Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #6  

bumping up
Old 10-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/131/105

Default Message for Lynx!

Hi Lynx, I was hoping to pm you, but unfortunately I couldn't as I just signed up and I don't have the minimum 10 posts
-------------------------------------------
Hi there!

I noticed that you gave some advice to Nancy, and I was really hoping you'd help me out. I'm located in Canada, so I'm not sure if our plans are any different than yours. But I'll give you my stats, and see if I should be questioning my center. I think they're giving me too much food. But here goes, currently Im' 131lb, and I'm 5'2".

They put me on the following plan (I'm not taking any LA lites) -

2 dairy
3 vegetables
2 fruits
2 1/2 proteins
3 starches

What do you think? Oh yes, my goal weight is 105 lb. I'm also drinking my 2L water/day. I just found this blog, it's amazing! I look forward to checking out the other threads for tips and tricks.

I'd be very grateful for your reply.

Thank you

Nansi
nannouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #8  

Hi Nansi,
Welcome
I am not an expert, of course, but I will try to help out. You are on plan 2 without lites. I am on plan 2 with lites and I currently weigh about 147.
If you were using lites, you would be on plan 1 which is the most restrictive plan.
Since we are the same height, I can tell you that I am scheduled to go to plan 1 at about 137 lbs, but if I do plan 1 it will be with lites which is about 375 more calories a day. Most people that I have heard talk about either Plan 1 or the comparable green plan, think that these two plans are very difficult to follow because of the low food allowances.

While it may seem that you are getting too much food, that is the way that LAWL is designed. It is an "eat more plan" - eat more of a balanced array of food. By eating more of the right foods, our bodies do not think that we are taking them into a starvation mode. It is a very balanced plan. Does this make sense?

It takes a bit of time to get used to the idea that we must eat all of the servings that we are allowed. The plan works and it works well, in my opinion, if we let it work.

You are trying to get to the low end of the weight range for our height and that is admirable. I have to tell you honestly it will probably be a slow process because the last 20-25 lbs are the hardest to lose. If you are determined, you can do it. I just saw an interview yesterday with Kim Lyons, one of the Biggest Loser trainers and she was talking about someone who was trying to lose the last 25 lbs. She said it takes the 3 C's - Commitment, Control and Consistency and that makes sense.

Take care,

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.