3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #16
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

We've done the pretzel thing before. Worked out well for me!

Just have to share that I am one of those wicked witch moms. We dump ALL the candy in one bowl, but it up in the pantry and then after dinner we put it out on the table and they can each choose 2 things. We usually have enough candy to get us through until the Easter Bunny comes around! (And I still have candy in there from last year with Easter stuff on it!).

My neighbor across the street has 7 kids (4 of her own and 3 foster) She lets them eat as much as they want for 1 day and throws the rest away (or sends it to work with her DH). Now I think that is wicked! But then I don't know about having 7 kids worth of candy in the house either.

As for the decorations...mine are not up. My asthma is so bad right now that I don't think I could handle the dust from the boxes that are up in the garage. I feel kind of bad but the kids haven't complained and that's all that matters to me!

Have a happy one!
KimS

GOAL!
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #17
MyBoysNMe2

Hey do you all have "Boo's" where you are? In my neighborhood they have been putting little buckets with candy and toys and along with it is a sign that says "I've been Boo'd!" You are then supposed to "Boo" 2 more of your neighbors. It's been pretty fun! They ring the doorbell and run so nobody knows who Boo'd them. There are Boo signs up all over the place...

Just wanted to share
KimS

GOAL!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #18
ENOGO

S/C/G: 180/176.2/135

Height: 5'5'

Yes...we boo in my neighborhood!! All the kids love it - mine included! My son booed our neighbor and I could hear the little girl say when she opened the door in a very excited sweet voice "Daddy we got booed!!" then my unsneaky son got caught : )

Also, I am a mean mom ...after about two days of Halloween candy eating I take all three kids leftovers to work and they disappear. Whats funny is my kids never notice?!

enogo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #19
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Our numbers vary greatly from year to year, so I never know what to expect. My SIL gets slammed every year and goes through somewhere around 10 bags of candy! Of course, she's seriously OCD and has an official count of the # of kids from 1988 when she moved into her house. (sadly, I am not kidding. She also has the weather that day listed)
oh my gosh, Kim......that is hysterical!!!! The weather??? Does that justify a low number of trick or treaters that day? LOL This is just rich Thanks for making me feel all sorts of sane today
XOXO

Official Ticker:

10/14/2013----game ON! 213
Weekly Losses with Official WI day on Mon:
Week 1 Oct 21: WI 210.4 Loss: 2.6 lbs.
Week 2 Oct 31: WI 209.4 Loss: 1.0 lbs.
Week 3 Nov 4: WI 208.8 Loss: 0.6 lbs. WW
Week 4 Nov 11: WI 208.2 Loss: 0.6 lbs.
Week 5 Nov 18: WI 203.2 Loss: 5 lbs
Week 6 Nov 25: WI
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #20
MyBoysNMe2

I could never get rid of the candy without them noticing! My kids (especially my little one) remember everything! He can go a year without playing with something and all of a sudden "Mom do you remember____ Do you know where it is?" Usually I have to say I don't know because I have gotten rid of it along time ago!

GOAL!

Last edited by myboysnme2; 10-26-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #21
ENOGO

S/C/G: 180/176.2/135

Height: 5'5'

I am sure now that they are getting older they will catch on to my trick sometime soon. This is horrible to say but the reason I have to get rid of it is not because they will eat too much ....it is because I will eat too much!! Sad but true. If a candy is in my house it calls my name.

Nicole- I so know what you mean by not being able to eat just one or two ...I don't get myself ..I am the kind of person that can not allow myself to have one or two pieces of anything- candy , cake, cookies or wine for that matter. If I allow myself to go OP one meal it can last weeks. As you can see by my ticker I was supposed to lose 7 by Halloween and I am up three and haven't updated in a few days so who knows?!! I went on vacation three weeks ago and have not had a single day OP for all three meals. FRUSTRATING but I can't get my head back in it

Em

enogo07 is offline   Reply With Quote