Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Default October 22, Alli, Support Here

Hey everyone....Well another week is starting and I hope all of you are doing well. I am just kinda hangin in there by my teeth.

I am not worried, as things will settle down soon.

You know we are working on buying a house, it is a HUGE investment for HUBBY and I since technically we have 2 others!!! OMG!
We live in one that we are keeping, and I have one rented out, so we will have 3 homes!!!! Our nephew will live in the house we are currently occupying that is why it is a VERY good thing that the one we are trying to buy will be mostly furnished..since then we can leave most of our stuff in the other house for him.

We are supposed to sign a purchase agreement today or tomorrow, and the appraisal was ordered last week Friday so hopefully that will get done by mid-week. (Fingers crossed) We *may* be in by the end of the month as I said before, but then again if everything goes well we could be in before Thanksgiving!!! The people called me last night and they are getting THIER things our and asked if we would want to buy the safe they had also, but they wanted to much for it considering we didnt NEED one, so we told them NO. My daycare lady said she saw it on the driveway with a 4-sale sign on it..lol Figure if they cant sell it maybe they will leave it..lol

WISH US LUCK, there is a long way to go still!!!

HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE!!! CONGRATS!! AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #2  

still tryin -my best to you and the family and i know we all hope it goes smoothly for you all. i maintained this week, so no need to move that tracker ! glad it wasnt a gain..
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

Got2-Your doing great!!! I am almost temped to jump into the "maintainers" section since that is about all I have been doing for over 2 months!!!! But I will get going again sooner or later!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #4  
Happy New Rears!

Congrats on the house, StillTryin!

ShyMoment, I thought that was your dog, in your backyard.. and I'm thinking, wow that dog looks more like wolf... and then I read your post. LOL

Hi everyone, doing good here - no cheating, exercising every day. I even did it when my husband was home, a huge step for me. 2 weeks until my next weigh in, 4 weeks today I leave on my trip!!!!!!!!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Hello everyone. Here's a bit of my history. I Started Alli shortly after it hit the market. I lost 20 lbs and was doing very well. I then had some medical problems not related to Alli. I didn't want to mix my new meds with Alli so I stopped. It to make sure if I had any effects it wasn't because of Alli. Today I've started Alli.
I hope that I can join this tread and support you with your weight loss plans.
My ticker is wrong. My new Alli Starting weight is 220
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #6  
Happy New Rears!

Hi mezmerize! welcome to the Alli, thread.... glad your medical issues are cleared up and you are able to take Alli again.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #7  

welcome mezmerise glad to have you here..shy i love malamutes too. gourgous dogs ( even if i cant spell it right !) thingirl...4 weeks ! gosh time has really flown. i am excited for you. good job on exercising
Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #8  

Still, good luck with the house situation!!!

Shy, I liked the pictures.

Thin, keep up the good work!

Mezmerise, welcome to the group!!!

We went away over the weekend, and I've been in a depressed mood the whole time. I hate feeling like this. I tried to make good food choices, but today I have totally eaten out of control. I still took Alli, and no TE yet. I hope to get out of this funk and get back to doing what I should do.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!

Welcome to Mezmerise!! Dive right in, the water's fine.
ShyMoment: It's tough to realize that those are wild animals. Gorgeous!

StillTrying: They say that the only thing more stressful than buying a house is building one. Either way, it'll drive ya loopy. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Well, I made it through my birthday week, intact.
We had 2 meals out, and ate spaghetti and pizza during the week. Like the guy of TV says, "I should be ready to explode about now." of course, it's back to the plan, as of yesterday.

Weigh in this morning shows me holding steady since last week. It gives me so much hope to think that it is possible to live and eat normally (occasionally), without continuing to gain weight. Awwww, the wonders of lifestyle changes.

In celebration, here's another of my favorites:
"You do not really understand something, unless you can explain it to your grandmother."

Happy Tuesday!!

Last edited by Beck1Beck; 10-23-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Beck - Happy Belated B-DAY past and pizza are my major downfalls! For some reason even a little bit a pasta will make that scale go up.

Tammy - Is it sunny where you live? I know that I get down when it's cloudy here. I heard somewhere you can buy a light that will help when your feeling low. I really need to check into that since at TOM I get really down. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm a huge dog lover! I believe there was a malamute in a movie called The Lost Boys. It was the 1st time I've seen one. He was beautiful! They look very powerful! I really need to get to the zoo again. The one time we went the wolfs were out while they worked on their habitat. So were alot of other animals so we missed out on what was the top of my list. I really wanted to see the Baluga Whale, Wild Horses and a Tiger
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

Mez-WELCOME, we are all so glad to have you here.

I love DOGS!! Especially BIG dogs...St Bernards are my FAV's!!! But we are not having any of them around here so I can love them from a far.

YOU ARE ALL DOING SOOOOO GOOD! I AM SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU.

Shy, you are doing so good!!!

Beck- You are right it is stressful, but it will be SOOOO worth it when it is over, and thankfully it is a short process for us. I just faxed all the documents to the loan company that they requested, like paystubs, taxes, ect. That was 32 pages!!!! But my boss was gone so I just did it from work here..lol So I would say that (pending the appraisal) we will be in our new house by DECEMBER!!!! !! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!

Last edited by StillTryin; 10-23-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #12  

Tammy...hang in there hun i suffer with depression and i know how devastating it can be. i am on meds for it, but some days the blue ones still come. dont be hard on yourself if you need to talk we are here and you can always pm me. i am in california so keeping an eye on the fires. my son was evacuated where he is but now he is safe and the fire marshalls let him back in. i hate the mountians to burn, i love them so. we are far from the fires but smoke and ash has made my husbands asthma act up. kind of puts things in perspective for me. i havent lost my house in any fire, so life can be really good but in any given moment it can get horrid. be glad for the good days !!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #13  
Gettin Closer!!

got2- I am also watching the fires, I am from S. Cal. And I Have family/friends there still. My uncle was evacuated and my friend was but they let her go back, but they are watching the situation. So I fear she will also be evacuated soon again. It is a dire situation and I am thinking of all affected!!!!! MY PRAYERS TO THEM ALL
Old 10-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #14  
Coldhawg

S/C/G: 225/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I hope this is the right spot for me if not please let me know. I just started taking Alli on Friday and I am down 4 lbs and was just wanting some place to go where there are other people who are in the same boat with me--you know avoiding all the birthday cakes and holiday foods (esp next week) and living in fear of accidentally going over in fat in take--just in case!!
coldhawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #15  
Happy New Rears!

Hi coldhawg, welcome to the Alli thread! 4lbs is an awesome start!

I'm in Canada so we had our thanksgiving a few weeks ago, I ate way too much and did have some treatment effects, but better that than gaining weight. Remember, treatment effects can be your friend.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 10-24-2007 at 08:19 AM.