Old 10-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Anti-Estrogenic Diet

Does anyone know why the other thread was closed? I'm new and not sure how this all works. lol I just wanted to update my progress. I've been on the AE diet since last Monday and I'm down 8 pounds. I have a lot more energy, haven't had a craving for chocolate like I usually do during "that time" and I'm always full. I eat yogurt and 1/2 grapefruit in the morning, 2 boiled eggs and large salad with low fat dressing for lunch and lots of fish, brown rice and beans for dinner. I'm so excited this is working for me without making me feel yucky!! As far as my IBS, I thought with the beans and lettuce I'd be in trouble... but I must say, I haven't taken an IBS pill in over a week

If anyone wants a "diet buddy" let me know. We could share email addys and support each other.
Sturn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #2  

I'll be glad to be a diet buddy with you. I started 2 weeks ago and I'm down 8#. I started at 210 and got to 202 - then "that time hit today" so I'm up one lb.

I really think that this diet needs to be looked at. My cousin became a health nut after having breast cancer and she said that her doctor told her to avoid milk, and all meats with estrogen - and of course - EVERYTHING out there is soaked in soy - even those beans I bought for rice and beans - I'm going to try starting cooking beans from scratch. But - buy the latest TIME magazine - the cover story is why Breast Cancer is Spreading around the world. And they talk about the estrogen in our diets, and lack of exercise. They said that breast cancer was unheard of in China - but now that some people are adopting our diet - they're getting it. Scary! I still think that birth control pills are contributing as well. When they first came out with birth control, the dose was really high and they figured out a link right away - now they claim they're safe.

It was also interesting about the feminization of male monkeys. I heard one tape about estrogen that male sperm count (in humans - not monkeys) has dropped by 50% in the last 20 years as a result of the extra estrogen in our diets.

Anyway - let's check in weekly and update each other and those watching on the progress.

Congratulations on such a great start.
BigSky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  

Default I also am going to give this PLAN a try...

I went to purchase the book but it was out of stock..I am going to try another bookstore and I may have to order it..I hope I can start next Monday. I have been trying to have a baby for going on five years and have just recently started having normal cycles..so hopefully it will happen for me soon.

I would love to come here for support once I get the book and get started. My weighloss has stalled...although I am doing alot of things right..which is why I am NOT re-gaining this time around.

Sturn????? Do you feel like you get hungry on this plan? Just make sure you are eating enough veggies..and also I take a multi-vitamin.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/159/130

Height: 5.2

Question trying this diet for last 1 week

hello all,

i got this plan from the 'first'. also lost some quick lbs in first week. then the week end came & i lost all my weight loss. now in this 2nd week i am finding it hard to loose.

also i am vegiterian (though i eat egg) but no fish/meat....... i am looking for any other food i can use.

help...!!!!
fatgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #5  

Did you substitute beans for the meat? Are you sure you were getting enough calories...that is important for the weight loss to "stay off?"

The other book store I went to was also out..so I had to order. I will still give it a try...not a strict plan..I don't do well with resticted diet plans..I NEED freedom....that is how I got this far.

How are you other girls doing with it?
Old 10-25-2007, 02:12 PM   #6  

week 2 and I'm down 14 pounds. I'm not usually hungry with this diet. I may be eating too few calories @ times. I usually eat fish with brown rice and beans for dinner and I'm DONE for the night. I can't even think about eating anything else because I'm so full. During the day, I've had a few times where I was wanting more.... but I just eat a grapefruit and it carries me over until dinner again. I don't have the book (yet) but I'm waiting for it. I ordered it and it should be arriving any day *keeps fingers crossed* I'm hoping there are more food choices in the book because I need simple choices pointed out for me.

Oh and sorry I can't reply to any PM's yet... I need to get my booty posting
Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185.5/184/145

Height: 5' 10"

I'm still waiting on my book. It should have been here by now. I just got a notice that they had it on backorder and hadn't even sent it out.

I tried using the plan listed in the Magazine, but I honestly think some things were omitted so that we would buy the book. I was soooooo hungry and hated veggies after one day. LOL But I am going to read the book with a fine tooth comb and give it a go. Now if the darn book would just get here!!

Good luck on your journey, and keep us posted

Tracy
Trastull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/178/135

I agree with Trastull about the magazine omitting things about the diet. Although this is my first day on it, there were so many questions I had about it. I assumed that I could have mustard to put in a salad dressing but I don't recall seeing anything about condiments like that. I plan on purchasing the book this week but overall I wasn't hungry, I mostly just had a headache although I think that's from the lack of sugar/caffeine. haha
Good luck-you can do it!
~Cait
Tropigirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 PM   #9  

hello skinny4baby,

Yes i do eat beans at night with brown rice. last week i tried shrimp but i can't eat more than one.. not my stuff i guess.

i tried cabbage soup diet recipe for morning time which kept me satisfied in morning. also i make omlatte some times at noon with lotsss of spinach in it.

all goes very well at week days but weekend is more difficult for me......

it's 2nd week, only 8 pound down.

thanks for reply.

Last edited by fatgenie; 10-29-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 185.5/184/145

Height: 5' 10"

Well well well it looks like i'm not going to be joining all of you on your journey following this diet.

I have been trying to follow my own plan for the last month and it was somewhat similar to this. I just found out today that I am 5 weeks & 2 days pregnant, and this is after a year and a half of really trying. I really feel that my diet and my exercise has been a big part of this finally happening.

Yeah I ordered the book, and yes it still has yet to arrive but I'm thinking I really wanted to go on this plan. I'm thinking that I am going to tailor it to my current needs.

I'm most concerned with eating healthy and not ingesting extra hormones or chemicals in the first place... It can only help me. So I know I can use that information.

Wow I sound like a rambler.. LOL Good luck everyone!!

Tracy
Trastull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/178/135

Congratulations on the baby! You must be so thrilled!

~Cait
Tropigirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #12  

Default Congratulations!!!!

WOW!!! You give me HOPE! That is wonderful!I know you are soooo excited!! I wish you a long, HEALTHY nine months!

I am still waiting on my book..I think it will be awhile, probably because of the mag. article.

Hey Tracy...Do you mind sharing YOUR detailed diet that you have been following for the last month? It may help me with some BABY dust...LOL! thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #13  

I ordered the book through Amazon and it's on back order until Nov 28th!!! So I went to Barnes and Noble this weekend and bought it! It explains a lot more about the diet and does add a few extras that you can eat like Pineapple and apples (peeled)

Congrats on the baby!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 167.8/164.6/125

Height: 5'3"

fatgenie, 8 lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic! I'm lucky if I lose 1 lb a week. Looking at your stats is convincing me to look further into this diet plan. How is it going?
kd66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #15  

Unhappy need a push....

2 days & i am not lossing weight with this diet anymore..... Kd66 thanks for cheer up. diet look promissing to me as it allow us to eat at night.

i am in 3rd week.... i am little confuse about diet now... should i eat brown rice & been in this week or not...???

i also ordered book from amzon still waiting....

cogr8 Tracy!! have a good day girls.

happy halloween

Last edited by fatgenie; 10-31-2007 at 04:23 PM.