6 meals a day / Protein

• To those who eat every 2-3 hours, what constitutes a "meal"? I am not following any specific diet plan, but have heard that it is a really good idea to have six meals a day. So, I am curious if something like yogurt would count as a meal or not help or make it worse? (Not for all six, but. . .)

Also, to those who have had success with eating many times a day, when is your start "time" and end "time"? I am definitely awake more than 12 hours a day.

Last question - I know getting plenty of protein is good when you are trying to build muscles. What qualifies as protein other than eggs?

Thanks for any advice!!!
  • This is how the doc told me to do it. Take a normal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Just break it in half make it two meals. Today for lunch I had cottage cheese, and a salad with the works. Had the cottage cheese for pre lunch and the salad for lunch. If you look under the thread planning for Tuesday you can see how I broke my meals down. Way to much food for me. I had to stuff myself to get that amount of food in.
  • Okay...if you're working out (ie lifting weights) a lot...check out Body for life. In answer to your question....a yogurt is a carb (it does have some protein but not enough for muscle gain). Try adding some protein with it...some ham or turkey or a can of tuna or a hard boiled egg. Protein with every meal is good. (I lost a lot of weight in the past but put it back on because I stopped doing what works). Good luck.