Old 10-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #1  
Sabrina

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/130

Height: 5'5

Default Scarsdale Diet

Hello Everyone
Just wanted to know has anyone lost weight with the Scarsdale diet or no anyone who did. I am thinking about using this diet but wanted to feedback on anyone who have had experience with doing it.
considerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I did it when I was 12.

I lost 17lbs in 2 weeks, but I obviously never kept going. I can't remember much about it, other than looking forward to the night where I got to eat a hamburger pattie with mustard.

Last edited by Cassie501107; 10-12-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

When I saw this I had to reply! I actually had success with it back in 1975. I went on it after I had my daughter. She was about 6 weeks old. I lost the 14 lbs that I remember was "promised". I went off of it after that because I remember it being hard but I have to preface by saying every diet to me seems hard so don't let that put you off.

It seemed to jog something in my metabolism because I don't remember going on a specific diet although I did join an exercise class, which didn't amount to anything more than leg lifts and sit ups and the college office secretary taught it!! How things have changed!

Then, I had to fullfill two P.E. courses at the community college I was attending so I took up golf and tennis. I also completed a short run about four months later. All I remember is that it was the start of me losing 69 lbs and then I kept that off for five years. Maybe, it was youth, keeping busy, or something but that is what I recall.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

The Scarsdale diet, is basically an extremely bland, hard to follow, low carb diet.

If you want to do low carb, or reduced carb-I would highly recommend trying South Beach instead-it would be much easier to follow, and not near as bland.

The problem that I have with most fad diets, is that they are diets. They have a beginning and an end. You will lose some weight on the diet, but as soon as you go back to eating normally, the weight will come back on-sometimes with a couple friends.

I would recommend instead, that you find a plan that you can make into a lifestyle change-something like calorie counting, South Beach, Weight Watchers, etc. The only way to lose weight, and keep it off, is to change your lifestyle permanently. You can't do something for 14 days and then just stop...or the weight comes back. I have been a calorie counter for years...and it, with exercise, is my lifestyle FOREVER.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #5  
Sabrina

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/130

Height: 5'5

I am not doing this for just 14days. This plan will help me to get started, the 14days that I am on it will help me lose weight but the two weeks that I am off, I will be doing the Oprah diet. So when I do stop using the scarsdale diet, I will still have learned how to eat healthy on the other plan. This is going to be a lifestyle change for me. Not the scarsdale, but definitely the Oprah diet.
considerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #6  

What brand of protein bread can you use on the scarsdale diet
karathanasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

I always used a dense whole wheat bread, which is suggested in the book if you can't find protein bread. I would find the thinnest slices possible. I tried the bread recipe once, but I thought it tasted pretty gross. Too heavy on the soybean flour.

When I go on Scarsdale, which I do now and then if a few pounds creep up, I use a half cup of Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese for the optional lunch. That, with some sliced fruit, Splenda and nuts, works well for me. I always liked the breakfasts and dinners, but the lunches were pretty ho-hum. I used the substitute lunch a lot.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #8  

I'm on the Scarsdale Diet - love it for the quick weight loss before starting something healthy.
Despite all the 'boring', 'bland' and not worth it - I actually love it. Easier to do in summer though - with all the tomatoes that I eat with it.
I think it helps that I love grapefruit (yes, with no sugar) or pineapple for breakfast.
It helps me knowing what I'm having to eat each day.
I have also adapted it to fit in to the family meals. for instance, the hamburger night - the family has hamburgers, but instead of a bun, i have a lettuce 'bun', for the chicken night we have stirfry and rice - i have no rice, and take mine out before the sauce gets added.
I'm on day 11 and have lost 3.2kgs (old speak: 7lbs)
graily is offline   Reply With Quote