Old 10-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #1  
ViolinCyndee

Default Maintenence

Can anyone tell me the difference between the weight loss phase of the program and the maintenence phase? I think there are no more lites, but what else?

I'd like to know incase I have to do the maintenence phase without the Center! I will explain in another thread.. but have to go and do some work tonight first! HAHA!

Thanks!
Cyndee
ViolinCyndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

They are what they sound like... WL is losing weight, while maintenence is the actual maintaining of your goal weight, within 5 pounds (or something like that... ) My Center closed, so I've been trying to figure out the best way to maintain...

You still eat your lites, but you get to add more of the stuff you've given up back into your diet slowly and moderatly...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #3  
ViolinCyndee

OH I know what they are, definition-wise.

But I was wondering about more specific info about what we are allowed to eat. (how many proteins, starches, etc)?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Right.. Sorry.. Guess that's what I get for posting while only half awake..

A while back, I asked basically the same thing and Joni posted a typical maintenence menu...

I printed it out, but now can't find it (Grr!)...

But I know they start it off by adding unlimited green veggies. A couple weeks later you can add a dairy.. Then a starch a little later on...

Maybe Joni or another intreped poster would repost the menu...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #5  
ViolinCyndee

Thanks..Yeah I didn't think I would need an explanation about what 'weightloss' or 'maintenence' means! HAHAHA!

I am asking because.. I am kinda rebelling a bit at the Center, and may have to to maintenence on my own. I have been on Gold for over 2 years and have been basically stagnant. After all that time, it's definitely MORE than just a plateau.

So.. when I asked if I could switch to Green, they basically said 'no'. They said Gold is the plan for me.

Well, I have been doing Green on my own since Monday and have LOST 2 POUNDS!! Something that is unheard of for me in the past few years!! YAY!!!

I didn't want to keep paying for weeks while I was the staying same weight!!

I am excited to see how things will go after doing Green for a week. I think this is the correct plan for me, but am getting NO support from LAWL--even from the dietician (who I emailed).

They all tell me: GOLD! Grrrrrr!

So yeah.. whenever anyone can post the Maintenence info, I would appreciate it. I think that now I will get to my goal very soon!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:13 PM   #6  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

O.K. Before Maintenance you go through a 6 week Stabalization Program.

Stabalization:

Week 1:
Add unlimited Vegetables. Unlimited Vegetables
Any Vegetables. Not just limited to listed in plan.

Week 2:
Add 1 Dairy Portion. 3 Servings Dairy

Week 3:
Add 1 Fat Portion. 3 Servings Fat
Add 1/2 Protein Portion 3 Servings Protein

Week 4:
Add 1 Fruit. See Comment 3 Servings Fruit
Comment: Weigh Yourself. Review Weight Log for Week 1. If your weight today is within 3 pounds of the highest weight recorded during week one, add 1 Fruit. If it is over 3 pounds higher than highest weight during week 1, do not add Fruit. For Example, Highest Weight during week one is 125. Todays weight is 129, Do Not Add Fruit"

Week 5:
Add 1 Starch. See Week 4 Comment. 4 Servings Starch
See Above comment from week 4. Note: If you did not add the Fruit from Week 4 you will need to chose either adding the Starch or the Fruit, but do not add both. So do you want a fruit or a starch?"

Week 6:
Add 1 Fat. See Week 4 Comment. 4 Servings of Fat
See Above comment from week 4. Note: If you did not add the Fruit or Starch from Week 4 and 5, you will need to choose either adding the Starch, Fruit or the Fat. So do you want a fruit, a starch or a fat?"

If you were over 3 lbs higher from your highest weight in week one and were not able to add the Fruit, Starch or Fat in weeks 4, 5 and 6 you will be able to add them later once you level off.

Note on Weeks 4 - 6: If you do not add the portion for the week due to the 3 lb increase, wait until your weight returns to the 3 lb range and then add the portion. Then move on to the next week in its order. For example, during week 5 you are up 3 lbs and cannot add the starch portion. Add Nothing. During week 6 you are back down within the 3 lb range, add the portion from week 5. After adding week 5's portion and completing that week of stabalization add the portion from week 6 (which will be in week 7, but not if you are back up 3 lbs). When you get to week 7 if you are back up 3 lbs, wait until you have stabalized on that and then add week 6. It may take you several extra weeks to complete a phase of stabalization, but you will be able to add ALL the portions listed, it just may take longer than 6 weeks.

Last edited by aguerin; 10-10-2007 at 12:14 PM.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #7  
DixieChick

Then Once you finalize stabalization (which can take more than 6 weeks) you move to maintenance. I have the information, but just haven't used it yet.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #8  
ViolinCyndee

Thanks!!!!!!! I would appreciate that info as well! <saving this info now>

Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I started my stabilization with a diffenet set of rules. It went

Week 1: Add 1 Fat
Week 2: Add 1 Fruit and 2 Veggies
Week 3: Add 1/2 a protein (only if on Green, Gold, or Purple)
Week 4: Add 1 Starch
Week 5: Add 1 Dairy
Week 6: Drop 1 Lite

I'm maintaining on Red due to the activity level. Most days I don't eat the extra starch and I started dropping the lite earlier on. I started stabilization 10 pounds above goal weight, the scale wasn't budging but I had dropped 2 sizes in th same period so I quit the scale.

Also, portion sizes change. For example it's 2 grahm crackers as a starch instead of one. Also the veggie portions get smaller.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:21 AM   #10  
ViolinCyndee

Interesting.. so if I am doing Green, I guess I should do the one with less calories..
Old 10-11-2007, 02:20 AM   #11  
LAWL: Gold -> Blue Plan

S/C/G: S:158/G:139

cyndee, i know you go to one of the centers near me - which one? i may be able to find someone in the center to help you go to green "officially" .. my counselor/friend (i consider her more of a friend now than just a counselor) is great, and if i explain to her your issue she will DEFINITLY do whats best for you and what you want.. she is a client also and so she is really understanding about the fact that you know whats best for your body and following guidelines doest always cut it. let me know okay?
ooodsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #12  
DixieChick

Megan: I am currently or was on the Numbered Plan, but the stabalization information they gave me was from the Colored Plan.

I wonder if the difference is due to the colors? My stabalization journal was Purple. So I would have been Gold going to Purple on stabalization. That could be the difference. Mine also didn't say anything about dropping a bar. WHich I know the COD mentioned but its not listed in the plan.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #13  
ViolinCyndee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooodsie View Post
cyndee, i know you go to one of the centers near me - which one? i may be able to find someone in the center to help you go to green "officially" .. my counselor/friend (i consider her more of a friend now than just a counselor) is great, and if i explain to her your issue she will DEFINITLY do whats best for you and what you want.. she is a client also and so she is really understanding about the fact that you know whats best for your body and following guidelines doest always cut it. let me know okay?
I go to the Bensalem center.. Thanks for the offer.. I will be going Green regardless if they 'let' me or not. I haven't been losing for 2 years, but since I started Green on Monday, I have lost 2.6 pounds. (plus it's my TOM now, and I usually GAIN around 3 pounds--which I haven't).