Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #91  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Val-wow you are quite the baker!!! All three sounds devine! I'm going to have to spread the word about the brown sugar splenda!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 PM   #92  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

YAY LYNN!!! 50 lbs! WOW cant wait to get there! Im envious!

What inspiration we have around here ladies and gents!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #93  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies…..and Dan. You know, I said I could just kiss Barbara before because it made me feel sooo much better about my girlfriend. I do enjoy her friendship in so many ways, and she is an old friend, and there is nothing quite like an old friend…….so thinking of her dumb comments that way akes it more bearable. I guess I am always surprised at people, cuz we all have our talents and skills……..and they are all unique and different from each other. I always think that I could never work outside of the home, cuz I just don’t have what it takes to do that and this. Many of my friends are much more organized and timely than I am….so it is odd for me to think that someone would wonder how I do it. But, I do hear what you are saying, and I think it is a good way to look at it. None of us are perfect…….but it doesn’t make us care about each other any less J Thanks for the perspective Barbara and Amy too.

Oh, and Amy…………..don’t be discouraged about your gain. It will be ok. I remember the first time I had a major gain at the COD, and I had been OP. I got really scared that all of the magic had been used up. So silly to think that way……but really, I thought for sure it was the end of the line for me and losing. Next week will be so much better.

Katy……did you get your crown fixed? I haven’t yet……I am still on the fence about my dentist. DH also came home with a new dental insurance company this week, so I will have to check all of my coverage and providers and all that fun. Oh, and did I mention that I am petriefed of the dentist?

Karen………your granddaughters are soooo cute. I can’t wait to be a Grandma. I just love babies……

Dixie Amy……I think you are going to be sooo happy with your decision to start stab. We are all so proud of you!!!

Joni………I just got DH to put all of our pics on a disk today….and I am uploading them to my PC as I am typing here. I hope some of them are good………it’s so hard to know how they will be until you start playing with them. Is the business….hey how do you spell busy-ness to make it not look like business? I am asking if the busy-ness of your new job a good thing or a bad thing? I hope it is all going good, and that even though it sucks for us, it is good for you . And thanks…….it is so good to be back J

Kristen………as soon as I get my pictures situated a bit, I am going to drool over your girls. I just love little girls…….and yours are just sooooo darn cute!!! Do you speak German? I sure as heck don’t……..but I did recognize a few of the words you typed……..lol.

Hi Kim J

Kimberly…….how have you been?

Ok, so I mentioned before that I had a little nugget………..if you haven’t already figured it out…….it my way of saying I have some dirt or info to share…..and no, I am not pregnant……..My DH found out yesterday that his dad died on August 5th (my birthday). He doesn’t really know his dad, as he left them before DH was born. He did see him a few times as a baby/toddler, but DH has no memory of him at all. Well, EMIL has been collecting child support (back support) for many many years (none of which DH has ever seen, but that is a whole other story), and suddenly stopped receiving checks. She started calling around, only to find out he had died over a month ago…….at 58, of cancer. I asked DH, “how are you supposed to feel about this?” And he said, “I have no clue.” EMIL seemed all out of sorts cuz DH wasn’t all upset and crying. Dh was somewhat annoyed. He has spent his whole life being hurt by this man……..so if anything, he probably found a bit of relief in his death. I mean, I am no doctor or anything……who knows how he will feel about it all in a few days, or even by tonight. Anyway……….don’t you think it is weird that EMIL is getting back child support checks and doesn’t even share them with her kids? They are both out of the house. DH is the youngest, and is 31 years old. And really, I could care less about the $$$$, I just find it really weird. Also, I have been avoiding speaking to EMIL cuz I am afraid I may open up a can of whoop a$$ long distance style on her. She has been urging DH to try to track down info on his dad to see if maybe he was put into the will. First of all…….it seems that this man was in debt up to his ears…….and second of all……..obviously, dear old dad cut the ties a long time ago. I think it is cruel to give my DH some false type of hope that in death his estranged father did the right thing. If he did, may monkeys fly out of my a$$. Also, found out hat dear old dad had another son that is 6 years younger than my DH, and he was the only survivor mentioned at the funeral service or in the obit. DH says his mom says this kid is not dear old dad’s biological child………..but she has been known to, let us say, stretch the truth. So I just don’t know how this is going to affect DH, and now he is in MN for business until Friday……..and that just sucks. I think this is the first time he has really taken the time to think about his dad in many many years……and I just wish I could take all of his feelings of hurt and confusion when it starts to wear on him. Darn that stupid stupid EMIL. I don’t know why she couldn’t have just let him know about it, and then said she was sorry, and left it at that. Wow………….sorry about the novel. I just hate it when DH is down………especially when it has to do with EMIL. I swear, there is something wrong in her brain. OK, enough already………sorry. But I do feel so much better, and you guys are so much better at keeping things to yourselves than some members of my family…….J

Ok, I am going to go check out these Germany pictures now. If any of them are any good, I will share.

Love to you all!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #94  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Amy - we haven't even put our old house on the market!! That's one reason why I'm taking kext Friday off from school. I'm going to drop off the kids and head to the old house to get the rest of our stuff out. It's all stuff that we really need, but I've been enjoying our new clutter-free lifestyle so much that I haven't been in any rush to get the rest of our stuff. DH's work schedule has prevented him from doing much, so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it done.

Meanwhile, the new house is wonderful!! We've only entertained once since moving in (for DH's birthday), but it was great. We plan to entertain a LOT, but that has to wait until we've sold the other house since money is understandably a little tight right now! We are planning to show an outdoor movie before Halloween and invite lots of the kids' friends and all the neighborhood kids. It's going to be BYOP (Bring Your Own Popcorn) so it won't be expensive. DH is co-owner of a sound and media company, so the huge screen and projector won't cost anything. I'm excited. We're just waiting for the weather to cool off a bit so the mosquitos won't fly by and think we've set up a buffet for them with all those kids!! It's still in the low 90's around here!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #95  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good Morning ALL!! Today is my Friday as I am taking off tomorrow. BECAUSE - I Have got to travel to DC the next two weeks in a row. Yikes! Travel just wears me out and the scales don't like it either.

Nicole - I love your stories. I think your DH will feel some type of loss because that is a connection with his life whether he actually knew him or not. As far as sharing the Child support EMIL probably thinks that it is help or repayment for her previous struggles with finances. Child Support usually doesn't go TO the kids, but to help provide their needs. And since she probably did without something back then to provide she is making up for it now. Make sense? I know blah, blah, blah, blah

Kim - I agree with everyone else. Who will see your shoes with the way you look in that gorgeous dress? Course you could get the black high-top sneakers and they would.

I think our site is becoming the cheaters confessional. It seems that we are all sneaking, taking the day off (me), celebrating, etc. and it is costing us scale wise. We need to focus.

First day of stabalization wasn't too bad. I actually started with week 2 (dairy) since I pretty much quit measuring my vegetables when they gave me the information. I was down a few oz this a.m. too. I am now back down to 143. I may make 140 by the end of Oct.

Have a great POP day Everyone!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #96  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just thought i'd post a quick good morning. i've been up for a few hours already because slept so crappy last night. had so much tension in my shoulders i could barely sleep. and i woke up so hungry that i was nauseous..so i got up and made dh and i some eggbeaters with cheese and thomas light whole wheat english muffins. it was great, but like 30mins later i was still hungry, so i had a bowl of fiber one with splenda.

yeah, i'm trying to embrace this whole pregnancy thing, but i guess i'm just still a bit upset by it all since we had agreed and planned on never having a child together and that i was done being pregnant ever again. i have given away all my "fat clothes", pregnancy clothes (not that a size 2 or 3x would fit me anyways..way too big this time around) and all my prego books (i had soooo many, because i love reading!)

but i am trying to get excited about it. the hunger thing is kinda freaking me out though..i was never really hungry while i was on the plan. and now this. and i've already seen the scale move up a few pounds..hopefully it's just bloating.

oh and work was horrible last night. i felt like i was so hungover and dizzy--it sucked. the last 2 times i've been pregnant i've had an office job, so this is the first time that i will be working and on my feet for 8-9hrs at a time. so it should prove to be interesting to say the least.

ok, well, sorry for being so whiney and complaning..
anways, gonna go and lay down for a while. i have the day off today, so i'll be around later.

ps lynn--congrats on the 50lbs lost! and to dixie amy for starting stabilization! i'm envious!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #97  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

It was 51 degrees this morning in HOTlanta....love it!!

JLem - hope your day of rests is enjoyable. Even though you gave away all your books, now you've got info overload with the internet! I'll bet there is tons of great advice out there. The other day I was at a thrift store not too far from my house and they had a slew of maternity cloths from the high end stores. Lots of stuff still had the tags on it.

Amy - I head out to Reston, VA on Sunday for a full week. Where will you be in DC? Love your refrence to 'cheaters confessional" - I recently told Suzanne (head of 3FC site) that I was NOT a poster child for LAWL....I'm still looking for my mojo!!

Boy Nicole - that was a lot of info to absorb about your DH. I'll say a few things, but everybody's situation is different.
First, if EMIL was able to collect back child support, more power to her. It was legally owed to her and she was lucky to get it...even if it was years late. Your DH's situation sounds a lot like my DH. His dad left and remarried and basically, didn't acknowledge his first born son anymore. His dad is still around, but it's an odd relationship; pretty much non-existant. Tim shows little emotion when it comes to his dad and I've come to accept it and actually understand it. I think, however, that death in general just makes one stop and think. In Scott's case, he may be thinking about his own life and wondering if he'll suffer the same fate as his dad, which he won't, but he may be thinking about it. I'll bet you (Nicole) are thinking about this more than he is, cause that's what women do...we think....a lot. Finally, if Scott's dad died without a will, and if his dad was not married at the time of his death, Scott may want to just let someone know how to find him in case he is entitled to anything (life insurance, secret assets, who knows). My ex-husband died last year; we had been divorced for almost ten years; he had debt up to his eyeballs, but for some odd reason, his daughter found a small life insurance policy ($25,000) and I was the beneficiary. I certainly did not see that coming. It wasn't much and I actually cashed it out, gave his grieving girlfriend $12,000 to pay for the elaborate funeral she put on her AMEX card and split the rest with his kids. Sounds like EMIL could make some phone calls herself and find this information out...I'm not really sure. I would like to think she is suggesting this for Scott's benefit, but it's hard to tell. Personally, I obsess about money because I grew up without it and I'd probably suggest the same thing to Scott - it would probably only take a phone call or two to figure it out and then he can put it past him and move on.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #98  
Post-Master

Good morning everyone

Jillian.......I can understand your feelings right now girlie. I have had some really irregular periods, and even thought I was pregnant last week, and let me tell you.......the overwhelming thoughts from just thinking I was pregnant for a few days were pretty heavy. As far as the hunger......are you eating regularily? Cuz you can probably still follow your plan.......and just add in a veggie or fruit when you feel hungry. You really do not need to increase your calories when pregnant. While nursing.......that is a different story......but the whole eating for two thing is a bunch of junk. Don't let your brain and hormones trick you........that inner fat girl comes in many shapes and forms.....even in the pregnant form. I am not advising you to deprive yourself.....I am just saying.....my doc always told me not to over-indulge. But, I can sooo understand.........every time I was pregnant, it was somehow a permisson slip to be a hog. It was so nice........like the only times in my adult life that I wasn't on a diet........and every time, I just KNEW i wouldn't gain 50+ pounds again......and I did. And that just did NOTHING for the post baby blues. Anyway.........I am thinking that if you bring your LAWL plan with you to your doc on your first appointment and let him/her know you have been feeling hungry, but that you don't want to gain a ton of weight, they will help you Let the doc's office be your COD, and you looking for anice 2-4 pound GAIN most months. Ok, hope that wasn't more advice than you bargained for. It really will be ok........just one day at a time. I am sure the worry about DH being gone during this time isn't helping at all either. Oh, and you are not allowed to call maternity clothes fat clothes. It is against the rules

I put some pics on webshots last night. I will try to put one or two on my post, but who knows if that will work out or not. I hope you all have a great day........and let's stay OP please No more cheating!!!!
XOXO

Old 10-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #99  
Post-Master

Joni.......you know, on the child support thing.....I guess it just irks me cuz I was a single mom most of my mothering years. My ex drifted in and out of our lives, but NEVER supported us in any way. If anything, he only caused us distress and financial burdens......anyway.........I never received a child support check from him.....and I worked my a$$ off and went to school, and my kids didn't have a lot.....but they had security and what they needed. DH's mother, on the other hand, told her boys constantly what a burden they were to her financially, and DH has many stories about how they went without some things I consider basic necessities.......you know, like FOOD. DH never really complains, and that pisses me off too. He wasn't allowed to play any sports, cuz they couldn't afford it. I get angry cuz I had to lower my pride more that once in my life for the welfare of my children. If there was doing without, it was on my end, not theirs. He had grandparents in the same town, why wouldn't she ask them to help out for sports? Cuz she was too proud. EMIL used to go on vacations with her BF's all the time and leave those boys home as pre-teens. I don't know, and I wasn't there, so I really should not get all mad.......EMIL is just a very selfish person, and DH and his brother made many sacrifices growing up, so I think as a mom, if it were me......I'd be mailing those checks out. But, that is just me. If she was struggling financially, I would feel differently. I don't know. I think I am just worried about DH, and it is just so much easier to be mad at EMIL than anything else. She makes it oh so easy. Oh, and I cannot say all this to DH, cuz this issue is not about me and how I feel about EMIL........so I do not want to add to his ickiness. Wow.......let me tell you how I really feel........lol

Ok, I have been online for like an hour now, and havne't even put my contacts in yet. YDS is still sleeping........how weird. I hope he is not getting sick. I have conferences for 12 yo DD today at 2:00. Should be fun. So, all of you teachers.....tell me how you like ocnferences?

Ok, bye for now
XOXO
Old 10-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #100  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

thanks nicole--you've made me feel a bit better. you post soothed me so-to-speak. i've been doing pretty good at still following the plan and just slipping in a few extra starches, a fruit or a bit of protein here and there...nothing huge or indulging. just eating when i'm hungry and in small amounts. i guess i'm just overly worried this time around because of the amount i gained with my other two. oh well, whatever happens, happens and in the end, i'll have another child to love and i know that LAWL works for me, so that's that.

anyways, i'm trying not to eat for 2 and just eat for me and be healthy, just like i have been doing for so long. i think of the baby each time i eat something healthy and it makes me proud that i'm doing it the right way this time.

and the good thing is i'm still doing workouts 3xs a week, where as with my previous two, i wasn't working out at all...and bad eating. no wonder i gained 60lbs each time!

anyways, enough about me!

i love the pic nicole--it looks so beautiful and looks like you and DH had a great time!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #101  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Nicole - love the pictures. Especially the dog bowl set up! You and Scott make a cute, cute couple. Hard to believe you have 5 kids. You look great and I think you can just start stabilization too! I assume the crown is on its way to my house (Queen Joni and all!). I cannot believe you went on that bridge - didn't you say you had a fear of heights? Thanks for sharing. How the heck do you post pictures so nicely on this site. Everytime I try, I just get a little blip that you cannot see. By clicking on one of the pictures in your post, it took me straight to webshots. Cool. I really have to go work. Too bad Felicia is in class and probably cannot give you advice on how to behave at your conference today...LOL...just kidding!! Oh, hope YDS gets up soon and is feeling okay.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #102  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Nicole - I just saw your new title - Post Master. LOL!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #103  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Joni - where are your traveling next week? I'll be in VA Beach Mon - Wed for dreaded budget meetings...yuck!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #104  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Goodmorning gals and guy! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far. I am having a great day! The hot hot weather has finally went away I hope... I woke up to a cool 45º this morning! I love pulling out winter clothes! I wore a denim jacket from last winter and I could actually button it with extra room! That was my NSV for the day! I have had the "Lazytown" theme song stuck in my head ALL morning and was even singing it when I got up to potty in the middle of the night last night. (You moms with young kids know exactly what song Im talking about! lol)

Hope everyone has a good POP day, and in the words of Red Green, "Remember, We're all in this together, I'm pulling for you!"

Last edited by bradleys mom; 10-11-2007 at 11:33 AM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #105  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Joni - Tina - I will be in Crystal City. Not sure where that fits into the map with where you guys are going to be. Is it close?

Nicole - Love the pics. You look like Jennifer Nettles from Sugar Land. Can you sing?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote