What does this food count as?

• I was wondering how to count Campbells Creamy Tomato soup on the plan? The reason is because this is what I was going to eat today.

I am currently on Plan #4 without Lites.

Another thing, I was having tremendous problems losing weight on this plan. I know my body and the COD wouldn't listen when I told them it was too many starches so I found my book before the plans were changed and that is basically what I am trying to stick with now. It is the purple plan and doesn't have anywhere near as many starches. Anyways, sorry for the long rambling!
  • Graceey - sorry to say but canned soups are frowned upon due to the high sodium content. Welcome to the group!
  • Graceey...

Stay away from the canned soups. If you really have to have soup, try to make your own or search out very low sodium varieties..

Here's a recipe for the homemade stuff:
    http://www.lowsodiumcooking.com/free...etableSoup.htm

If you feel you're getting nowhere with your COD, try calling the customer service number and let them know what's going on.
  • I can have my can soup now that I'm maintaining

Creamy Tomato isn't even on that list, I thinkt that says it all. When I want Tomato, I puree 1 cup of grape tomatoes, and toss in 1 tbsp of think and chunky salsa. It then counts as 2 Veggies and 1 Condiment. Or if you don't want to actually puree the tomatos, V-8 or tomato sauce works just as well. I add in 1/2 a dairy worth of cheese and call it a meal.
  • Here is what the Maintenance Food List counts it as. But as Dan stated it is NOT on the Weight Loss Plan.

Tomato, Low Sodium, Fat Free, 1 Cup = 2 Veggies
  • Since it is listed as creamy, there is a milk product in it. Hard to know exactly what it is. Sugar and sodium are very high.

Here is the nutritional info calorie-count.com
    Calories in Creamy Tomato Soup
    Manufactured by Campbell's

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 container
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 container

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 190
    Calories from Fat 36
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 4.0g 6%
    Saturated Fat 1.0 g5%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 940mg 39%
    Total Carbohydrates 34.0g 11%
    Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16%
    Sugars 23.0g
    Protein 4.0g

Vitamin A 8% • Vitamin C 40%
    Calcium 6% • Iron 0%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

week 39
    LAWL franchise center
    Plan 2 with lites
    total lost 48 lbs.
  • 940 mgs of sodium??

Ack!! Glad i've never liked normal tomato soup... Gazpacho on the other hand... Good stuff!!

I realize that soup can taste very bland without some salt in it, but is that much really necessary?? And why don't they make products using salt alternatives like Morton's lite, NoSalt or AlsoSalt?

It boggles the mind.. Well, my mind anyway.. And truth be told, it's not that hard to boggle it...