Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 227/227/200

Hello All,

New to the site and starting Volumetrics on Monday after spending time with the book today.

Some of you have been following it for a while and I was wondering if any of you had any advice fr a newbie?

Looking forward to reading all of your posts.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I probably shouldn't be giving any advice because I just finished eating two slices of pizza and a piece ( a small one, but still...) of birthday cake. One of my grandsons is six!

The Volumetrics book suggests eating foods with a high water content and lots of fiber. Over the time I have been working on my lifestyle, I have made verious soups and chillis, frozen them in individual servings so when I am really starved, there is always somelthing healthy available. I think it is very important to experiment with recipes and food and find things that you really enjoy eating. You won't stick with your program if you don't like your food.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #48  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi there PEAS . . . and to the VOUMETRICS thread.

GAIL said it (no, not the pizza and cake part - but glad you had a fun birthday party for the grandson ).

High water (soups and stews) and high fibre (veggies, veggies, veggies) in everything. Keep the fat low. Make sure you eat your fruits and vegetables rather than drinking them whenever possible.

Have a great evening, Chickie . . . you've definitely come to the right place. 3FC is a wonderful source of information and support as you travel the long and sometimes bumpy road to better health and fitness.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #49  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Good Sunday morning. My vacation is over and it's back to the office tomorrow. Should be a really miserable week - catching up on emails, memos and the like. The REALLY fun part (NOT!) is that I have developed a case of hives. Haven't a clue what set it off, must have been all that work I was doing while on vacation. I have to dose myself with lots of benadryl at night so I can sleep and during the day I'm slathering on anti-itch cream. The only thing I can think that it could possibly be was a new soap that I was using so have tossed that out and will use only Ivory in the shower for a while. It's always something!

On the up side, I didn't gain any weight over my 2 weeks away from work. Didn't lose any either, but I'll take what I can get!

Last edited by bobbigene; 10-14-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

Okay . . . now you've got me scratching, too . . . . . . Hope you soon feel better. Congrats on the no-gain vacation, BTW.

Anyway . . . Good Morning everybody . . . hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:57 PM   #51  

My DH gets hives so bad he has to get cortisone shots sometimes. His seem to be associated with something in the environment during the spring season. I can sure sympathise with you. I take benedryl sometimes and it does make me sleepy.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #52  

Happy Monday All!

Today is my early day at work and purely out of habit I walked out of the house without breakfast despite planning to take a yogurt with some bran cereal with me. Thankfully I'm done at noon. I would have stopped somewhere to get something but I work near the Citibank building and it's all egg on a roll greasy type meals.

I work for a fresh food diet delivery company but the breakfast isn't my speed today. Planning on a big salad and Lentil soup for lunch. Also going to sit down and plan out meals for the rest of the week and hit Trader Joe's.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Calamine Lotion works wonders for the itching BOBBI . . . but you do look a little funny . . . . . . especially if you have to go to work.

Sounds like an interesting place to work PEAS . . . do you get a discount?

Hope you all have a great VOLUMETRICS kind of day, gang . . . see you later.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #54  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Good evening all. First day back at work after 2 weeks - 247 emails were waiting for me! Maybe that's why I got hives - I knew what was waiting for me. I think the hives have been worse than the poison ivy. At least it got me lots of sympathy at work. At any rate, I'm back on track with watching what I eat instead of just watching the fork move from plate to mouth!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi everyone,
I just bought a Sole treadmill and elliptical from Dick's online. It will take a couple weeks to get delivered. I'm excited and freaking out because it's a big expense for a teacher! But I'm really trying to focus on working out. I joked with my boyfriend that we'll be eating soup all winter. I just wanted to share the big news.

Last edited by teacher1; 10-15-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:39 PM   #56  

You will be eating soup because it is good for you! Congratulations on getting the equipment. That is exciting.

I fried up some turkey sausage with asparagus, red bell pepper, onions, garlic, and half a large zuchinni. It was very tasty. With it I had a salad of baby greens under pears, blue cheese and Trader Joe's fat free balsamaic vinaigrette.

I like the TJs ff dressing quite a bit better than the Newman's own light vinaigrette. The Newman's actually has some olive oil in it, but it has a chemical-y taste that I don't like. It might be the freeze dried onions, red pepper, etc. I also like Trader Joe's FF Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette. You can use it for marinades, too. Most of the ingredients in the two TJ's dressings are words I know. The list of ingredients seems long until you look at a regular grocery store brand. Anyway, I am picky about salad dressing. It has to taste good or I won't use it.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #57  

I am aggravated with myself - I bought a bunch of boneless, skinless chicken breast and failed to notice that it is the kind that has been injected with something for flavor and tenderness. It give it a very wierd texture - sort of like raw chicken. Yuck. I didn't notice until after I had cooked and then tasted it. Darn.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #58  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .
Old 10-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #59  

The new equiptment sounds awesome teacher...I can understand the cost feeling like abig plunge. I have the space so I was considering buying a machine myself.

I've officially learned my lesson about skipping breakfast. Around 8pm my body goes nuts and despite having just eaten dinner wants to eat whatever is available. No matter how odd I am eating something in the morning. I forgot my yogurt today again and had hummus and baked whole wheat pita chips from the menu at work today.

It is a big help working at a diet delivery company. The plan is just based on healthy eating not any particular plan. I can grab a side salad at any point during the day and with the exception of a co-worker's birthday cake yesterday not much i nthe way of Office junk food temptation.

Going to work my excercise back into the mix tonight. Had a cool conversation with a friend who's been actively excercising the same amount of time I have and hasn't lost any weight either. THe increase in endurance is nice but a pound or two lost would be nice.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

I slept in this morning . . . but so did the sun. Hope it makes a permanent decision about the day soon. One thing that is sure . . . it's pretty cool out there. I must do some laundry today and it feels like a good day to make a pot of soup.

Have a great one, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking just as much as you can. It will eventually pay off. . .
Closed Thread