Old 10-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #91  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey All. I have a busy weekend coming up. I have a 1 year old birthday party to go to if the mother doesn't have her second child between now and then. I also have a baby shower for my 38 year old friend. Yeah, she wasn't happy when she got that news and I will probably have to work some. So don't know how much of a weekend I will actually have.

I also don't think I am going to make my Columbus Day goal. But the good news is that I have lost 5 of the 8 pounds that I signed up for.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #92  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ol' Buddys & Pals!

Karen inspired me to attempt to post more often again :-) Thanks Karen!

Life has been too crazy, I've been too lazy about my dieting, and I need a kick in the arse people!! Who wants to kick me first? :-)
I'm on the band wagon again, new plan, new outlook and hopefully a new body on the way!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canookers!! Back away from the dressing & gravy!

I'd better go read some posts so I know what the ****'s going on around here!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, The last few pounds seem to be really resistent to going and staying gone for me too (I'm currently working on losing them for the 3rd time in 6 months too!). You've done really super great for as much as you've been traveling, since it is really hard to stay on plan, and who knows what restaurants might be adding to your food (most likely a little bit more fat and salt that you would if you were home).

It is so quiet around here. I think we all just miss Nicole.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #94  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Karen - hard to believe you've got snow!! Still balmy and 80 in Atlanta, GA.

Barbara B - new avatar?

I thought Nicole was only going to be gone a week...well her time is up! NICOLE..............we missed you!

Wendy - you asked for it!
Please come back and post a little more often. We need some fun chitter chatter and you always had some good stuff to say!

Short and sweet as work is calling. The new job makes us use Office Communicator so they pretty much know when you are online and when you stray. As much as I don't like being monitored, I must confess it keeps me a lot more focused.

To all my Canadian friends...be good this weekend.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #95  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Welcome Back Wendelina. We have missed you. Please stick with the board as we miss our friends when the don't come around.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #96  
Wendy II

Ok.. I got some reading done! Wow a lot has gone on and this was the only thread I read.. I can hardly imagine what all I've missed.

I'm guessing that Nicole is in Germany on her big trip??

Joni - too bad Kimphin can't play with us during the day.. thanks for sharing her message with us. I'll miss her edgy wit.

Jillian - Looking mahvelous dahling! Woo Hoo!

Lettie - congrats on those size 14s! I'm glad I didn't get rid of all of my smaller stuff, cuz it feels good to pull out a pair of smaller pants and try them on for giggles and have them fit!

KimII - You surpassed your goal you little vixen mommy you! Way to go!

Felicia - You sound like the best teacher in the whole world. Your story of your student is so moving.. and you've probably made a difference in a little life. What an angel you are! I wish they were all like you!

Amy (Dixie Chick) - Are you on lites? If I have a pound or two to lose quickly, I'll cut out one lite for 2 or 3 days. It's a trick I learned from an ex-counselor.

Kristen - That squash recipe sounds great! Enjoy your thanksgiving!

Ternoway - compliments rock, don't they? Get used to 'em!

Barbara - Sodium will make a huge difference in your losses... right Dan?? Dan?? Where's your badge on this one??

Dan - Have you gotten back to the gym? I'm having a tough time doing that myself. Is it more difficult since you've "owned" your goal?

Liza - Oh for crying in the soup, get some rest girl! All this excitement around you and having the flu--- you deserve a Calgon moment or two I think! Love your body ticker btw.

Alannah - You must be so excited for the new house! Packing isn't so fun, but the payoff is good

Jamie - congrats on your losses! wtg!

Hellos to those I missed! Hellos to those I haven't met yet!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #97  
Wendy II

Joni - totally laughing at all the frying pans hitting my head!!! But much deserved!!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.. it's nice to be back!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 PM   #98  
Val

Hey all!

Haven't had time to check what's happening with everybody today, but just wanted to pop in and say Happy Turkey day to all my fellow Canucks and Happy Columbus Day to all of you south of the 49th parallel.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #99  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

yea Wendy's back!!!
now thats the humor that I have been missing.
Glad to see you on here - you have been missed!!!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #100  

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday everyone,
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. My mother was very proud to be French Canadian. Tourque pie anyone? I know there are different spellings.
I don't have time to shout out individually, but I want to wish everyone a successful weekend on our journey down the scale.

One thing though Barbara, I do think that you need to have your doctor check your blood pressure. The same thing happens to me sometimes when I bend down and my doctor said the faintness is caused by a sudden drop in the blood pressure. I had to have my medication changed especially since I had lost weight.
Regarding Nicole's absence aka her vacation- I felt compelled to go to the Dollar Store the other day just because it is one of her favorite haunts.....Just kidding. I hope she and DH had a wonderful trip. I am sure that they did.

Will someone please remind me of Cassi's famous words regarding not messing with the program because it works as designed or something like that?

week 39
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 49 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #101  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Cassi's words of wisdom

Here's for you Lynn...although I'm not sure it addresses your "don't mess with the program."

Quote:
The answer to your question of how difficult is this to follow lies within you. Are you motivated? Are you truly ready to make this a lifestyle change? The program is stricter than WW, but you do get to eat your own food. Here is a link to a post I wrote about the program. After reading it, let us know if you have any more questions. Cassi

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...am+explanation

Last edited by Joni135; 10-05-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Lynn, Hmmm.. I never considered low blood pressure. I should get it checked. When I first started at LAWL they took my BP about every time I came in for a month or two (and it was dropping as I was losing). I haven't had it checked in awhile though. I don't think they measure the blood pressure anymore though. It was always on the high side, but that was quite a few pounds and a whole different fitness level ago. I still think the stair master just gets the best of me... The adjustment from one level to the next is just too big of a difference, so I feel like I'm moving in slow motion or killing myself.

Joni, I always enjoy Cassi's words of wisdom. Yes I put up a new avatar picture. That is me on my back packing trip near the summit of Old Snowy Mtn. We kept getting off the trail and it was really quite a scary climb up there, between going over glaciers and scrambling up the rocks. Old Snowy is in the middle of the Goat Rocks Wilderness which is just between Mt Rainere and Mt St Helen's and it is a very beautiful place.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #103  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Alright, I've made you guys suffer through some rather depressing things that have happened in my classroom. I HAVE to share with you something funny that happened today:

I have this little girl in my class...let's just call her Suzie...who is a chronic fibber. I mean, she just pulls these wild tales out of nowhere on a daily basis. "Mrs. Pate, we went to China this weekend." "Oh, really, Suzie?" "Yes, ma'am. That was the longest car ride I've ever taken!" And she's totally serious! "My dad used to be the king of Mississippi." "My mom and I flew to Alaska last night and we had the best time feeding polar bears!" I love that she has such a vivid imagination, but I think sometimes she really believes this stuff. I can't stand that sometimes, the other kids laugh when she says something off the wall, but I don't know how to explain to her that fantasies are wonderful, but I'd love to have her in the real world long enough to finish her work!

Well, today, she says (in a loud voice from across the room so that EVERYONE could hear her), "Mrs. Pate, did you see on the local news this morning about the Silver War?" There actually had been a news story about a Civil War museum that's opening nearby. Before I could answer, all of this came out in one breath, "Well, my grandpa fought in the Silver War. You know, they said that whoever won the war got all the silver. Well, it was a long, hard fight - all through the winter - but my grandpa's team won and he got loads and loads of silver! So much that he had to make 38 trips back and forth to bring it all home!"

I was quiet for a second and then I said gently, "Suzie, that's the Civil War."

She thought for a second and then said, "Ooooh! Well, that explains it. Because he's not all that rich!"

I literally had to go and dig in a locker at the back of the room so that the kids didn't see me cracking up!

I love my kids!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 10-05-2007 at 06:32 PM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #104  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

LMAO Felicia! My daughter was that same student when she was younger. Her teachers would always show me her journals that always were some adventure about Keiko the whale saving the day. They also included no so subtle hints about how we lived in Oregon and she knew he was on the Oregon coast. Getting her head into the real world didn't happen until just recently and she's 16!

Wendy it's so great to see you here! I climbed out of sicko sicky world just to say hi.

Now I'm going back to bed.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:49 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Hello all. I joined 2 1/2 weeks ago and am doing plan 3 without lites. I am a total lurker on this board and have really been encouraged by your succeses and also your struggles. I am so glad I found this board! Happy weekend everyone.
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote