Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 06:03 AM   #16  

Hi everyone
It's been a while since I last posted. I guess I was a bit upset about that counselor last weeek---so I didn't weigh in for a full week. I went last Monday--that was the day I got a third degree for having a big salad from an anorexic counselor. Well, I went back this Tuesday, and I lost 1 1/2 pounds!!! I am so on this diet right now again and very motivated. Anyway, I told the manager that I wasn't comfortable with the other girl. WHen she asked why--I said because she is so skinny and has never been on this plan. She went on to tell me that she had gotten a compalint from a client (who also hadn't come for a week because of this girl) and said that the woman (client) had been going through some hard times and had gained some weight. The counselor said her problem was keeping the weight on. Well--that is what she had told me too!!! She had told the girl at that time NEVER to say that to another person again. I am not sure if she said that to me before or after that episode. The manager told me that is future, to wait to see her, but, there are a lot of times she is with a new client. I am going to go tomorrow--I know she will be there, so I know I will do fine over the weekend.
Sorry for going on and on...as usual.
Hope everone is doing great!!
Terry--I have to go on the Tae Bo site to see your name.
Take Care
Margaret
Old 03-01-2001, 07:25 AM   #17  

Glad you are back Margaret!! Best wishes to you. I am getting back on track as well, after being sick for two days. All I ate was cereal. That is all I wanted. I guess because I haven't really eaten it since september . I don't know what the reasoning is but I am now back on track. I haven't been able to keep up the exercise this week. I walked sunday morning and did strength training monday, but my lungs havent' been up to any more cardio. I am going to try to lift some weights tonight at home. It is just hard to when you are sick.

Talk to you all laterr,
Crystal
Old 03-01-2001, 08:50 AM   #18  

Hi everyone,

Di - I'll have to go look at that self challenge just out of curiosity if nothing else.

Crystal - Hope you're feeling better soon. Don't push the exercise if you're not feeling well. Let your body heal first then get back to it.

Mom - Its amazing what our bodies will do when all of a sudden we feed it something its not used to anymore. Just think how high the sodium contenet was in those crackers...never mind how much fat was in there. Glad you got yourself back down to where you were and now you will move on from here! Have a blast at Disney this weekend. We took the kids there last December(1999) for 4 days and had a blast.

Maggie - Congrats on being down another 1-1/2! Sounds like they need to send that counselor packing. Sounds like a good idea to sick with the manager whenever you can.

Things are good here, just very hectic. I went to the gym this morning and had a terrific workout. My trip to Korea is just over a month away. I have to keep working to look the best I can look. My husband has created me a reputation that is preceeding me, I can't let him down!!

Gotta run, talk to you all later!

Terry

Old 03-01-2001, 07:58 PM   #19  

Just a very quick question
Has anyone had a hair loss problem since being on this diet???????????
I have noticed that I have been losing A LOT of hair lately and I am getting VERY nervous. I am going to go see a dermatologist about this, because my hair is VERY important to me. I have blonde hair (actually kind of strawberry) with little red and blonde highlights in it (naturally) and I have NEVER colored my hair or put anything in it. I stopped perming my hair 10 years ago. (I didi that for about 5-6 years) but, since then nothing!!
Please let me know
Gotta run to work
Margaret
Old 03-02-2001, 03:07 AM   #20  

I haven't lost anymore hair than usual. My hair is very thick and I lose a lot everytime I wash it. I would be concerned as well. I hope everything goes well at the dermatologist.

Terry- I am excited about your trip to korea. It sounds like so much fun. You will look beautiful.

Hello to everyone. Keep on losing.

Crystal
Old 03-02-2001, 05:23 AM   #21  

Margaret,

I have noticed that I am losing a tremendous amount of hair. I have very very thick hair, but all I have to do is run my hands through it and I come away with 5-10 hairs each and every time. It is a bit disconcerting. I still have plenty, but..... I thought it might be related to the dieting. Not LA weight loss in particular. I am not eating anything unbalanced. As a matter of fact this is probably the most balanced I've been eating in recent history. I am curious to hear what the dermatologist says. I do know that sometimes our hair reacts to body changes like weight loss. I was hoping it would get back to normal when I get to stabilization and maintenance. Good Luck
Old 03-03-2001, 06:02 AM   #22  

HI everyone
Mom--thanks for the reply----I made an appointment with the dermotogist for the 22th!! That was all they had available. Whenever I talk to friends about this--they say it has to be the diet. I agree with you and I actually said that to a friend--I am eating better now than I was before--I AM having a well balanced meal (MUCH better then the crap before) She said maybe becaue of the low carbs. Well, I do cheat pretty often with the carbs(pasta,pizza,potatoes)-so I don't think that is a bit concern. She has a protein power book and she said she will look up about hair loss. She thinks that maybe high protein/low carb might do that. But--this diet isn't really like that. Her husband has been on Atkins for about 2 years now and has done TERRIFIC. I am not blaming it necessarily on LAW, maybe a bit concerned about what is actually in those bars.
QUESTION again (I asked this once before): WHAT IS IN THOSE BARS????????????????????????
Why are we not able to eat them when we are nursing or nursing? I am very concerned about this because I hope to get preganant on my trip in 2 weeks and I would like to know if, whatever is in them could effect a baby beforehand.

OH-----by the way I weighed in yesterday---I lost another 2 pounds!!!! making it now a total of 40 1/2----hopefully, another 4 1/2 pounds my the 15th (vacation)!!!!!!!!!
Take Care
Margaret
Closed Thread