Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #1  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Question A question for fellow Canucks!

Hi I've been reading on the forum that some of you are replacing the lites with Luna or Kashi bars. Do any of you Canadians out there, particularily those in the GTA, know if you can get them here? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Also I've heard mention of Lean Pockets, same question, is this only an American product?
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #2  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm not on LAWL but I'm Canadian so I thought I might be able to help!

I'm in Toronto and find the Luna bars at many different places. I'm not sure about Shoppers Drug Mart (which does occasionally carry the Clif bars - same company but different product - more geared toward men - higher calories etc.) I have had luck with Luna bars at many grocery stores - Dominion, IGA etc. Almost all healthfood stores I've been to have them. The big thing though is price. In the states the Luna bars are usually $0.99. Here they're anywhere from $1.50 to almost $3 at some specialty places downtown. It's just ridculous.

If you ever cross the border, stock up on Luna bars - they're way cheaper and there's a much better selection.

As for Kashi bars - same thing. Some grocery stores (maybe Walmart Superstores) and I've found the Kashi "chewy granola bars" at Costco - very cheap. Not sure which Kashi bars are recommended on LAWL.

I hope I've been of some help, if not PM and I'll try to get some specific names for you.

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #3  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Thanks! I've checked out our local Dominion already and we don't have a Walmart Superstore in our area but I haven't looked in the Shoppers or any of the local healthfood stores so I will definately do that.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #4  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

I ordered a bunch of Luna's off of Ebay for dirt cheap. I have seen the bars at local health food stores as well as save-On foods, not at Shoppers though.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I've definitely seen Lean Pockets although I've never bought any -- both Sobeys and Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws) have them.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/186/170

Height: 5' 8"

Default sub lite bars

I live in Niagara peninsula. Zehs in this area has Carb Watch(President's Choice) bars for .33 each. These are about 230-250 calories, 17g protein, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, 12 g sugar alcohol.
ronlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #7  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

The best way to get those products.. is to cross the border. I've been on LAWL a year and twice went across and stocked up on some great things like the Knudsens Juice, fat free coffee cream, soups and you can get all the bars.
I have bought Luna bars at Loblaws, WholeFoods has the entire lineup and also some of the drug stores etc.
Good luck on the plan!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote