Old 09-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/260/150

Height: 5'7''

Default Two days off plan :(

Thrus afternoon and Friday, I went to starbucks for pumpkin lattes and pumpkin scones. I have only been on the plan for 1 week, how could i mess up already? I am so mad at myself. Anyway... todays a new day, starting over.
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #2  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Good Move & Good Attitude Too. Please Know It Happens To The Best Of Us, Just Remember When We De-rail, Get Back On Track Asap Is All..... This Is Normal Even For Me & I Am A Maintainer.. I Figured I Would Answer Your Post Since Not Many Peeps Answer Mine..... Maybe My Name Scares Them Or Something, Who Knows. Oh Well I Just May Have To Try Another Website To Get Support, Atleast I Got My Bra With Me For Support At All Times..... Your Ok Knowing Today Will Be A Better Day..
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #3  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there, adventuregirl! It's all about making this a lifestyle not just another diet. You do have the right attitude, as evilwomaniamshe said, and that is the first step. Every day is an opportunity to make good choices and be successful. Don't give up because you slipped a little. Everyone on this forum has been very supportive since I joined in August. I'm glad you both are here and I hope we hear from you regularly!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #4  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe View Post
Good Move & Good Attitude Too. Please Know It Happens To The Best Of Us, Just Remember When We De-rail, Get Back On Track Asap Is All..... This Is Normal Even For Me & I Am A Maintainer.. I Figured I Would Answer Your Post Since Not Many Peeps Answer Mine..... Maybe My Name Scares Them Or Something, Who Knows. Oh Well I Just May Have To Try Another Website To Get Support, Atleast I Got My Bra With Me For Support At All Times..... Your Ok Knowing Today Will Be A Better Day..
Sorry nobody has answered you in the past. I would hate to think you would leave this site just for that reason. I have only been on here for a couple of months and have gotten more support on here than from anywhere. Give it another try...

Adventure girl- I have been on LAWL for 2 months and I ate a footlong sub from subway last night. It happens! Good thing that you realize it and are willing to get back on track! Thats the best move you could make!

Last edited by bradleys mom; 09-22-2007 at 02:18 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #5  

boy, can i relate....i have actually been on the plan, well not really, for about a month. i will have a good day, then not so good and so on.... i struggle with writing the food down and i guess just snacking when i should not.
I need to get my attitude in line and just do the program!!!
each day is a new day.....but really i need to string together some successful ones!
good luck to you today, Chris
ccommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Default Sisters separated at birth - I am convinced LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
Sorry nobody has answered you in the past. I would hate to think you would leave this site just for that reason. I have only been on here for a couple of months and have gotten more support on here than from anywhere. Give it another try...

Adventure girl- I have been on LAWL for 2 months and I ate a footlong sub from subway last night. It happens! Good thing that you realize it and are willing to get back on track! Thats the best move you could make!
Kimberly (and all) I had my colonscopy last wednesday and felt soooo "empty". WAHOO, I said to myself, I am going to really show a great loss when I finally check in after my mandatory medical leave of 2 1/2 weeks, then i drove by Subways. Reader's Digest version was I (also) ate a foot long meatball with cheese (naturally) sub that night. That started it, the next day I went into a grocery store where they had generous tastes of cheesecake at the bakery and I had TWO. After being on this program and doing so well for almost 3 months, I fell flat on my face.

This morning, thanks to the posts on this forum, I got right back on track. Not weighing in for a total of 3 weeks was awful, I used it as a 'well, I have two more weeks' to eat that stupid cheesecake.

Now that I am finished whining and venting, I am back OP.

Thanks for listening.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #7  

I think subway has some sort of diet-scrambler-brain-wave-transmitter....
Old 09-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #8  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Haha, I'm sure there are subliminal "eat more" messages in so many chain restaurant advertisements.

What we all have to remember is that healthy, skinny people eat sweets, drink pumpkin lattes, and enjoy an occasional footlong sub. But they know when enough it enough and that is why most of them are not overweight.

Seems like cheating has a triggering effect. Once we do it, we get the "What the ****" feeling, where we tell ourselves we have already blown it, what's a few more oreos or or a piece of cheesecake! That is where we all go wrong and regret it.

The only thing that keeps me OP is to literally convince my brain that I am "allergic" to certain foods. It's like I don't even see it on the menu, smell it baking or see it out for samples. When I am in this "zone" I eat So well bc I just refuse to entertain anything other than POP foods.

We cannot beat ourselves up but must realized that one cheat cannot lead to 4 or 5.

Either we want to lose weight and get healthy or we don't!

Good luck getting back on the train, I'm trying to get aboard myself!

Last edited by amylou7777; 09-22-2007 at 06:47 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/260/150

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, it really helped me see that i am not a failure. Today went well, and i can only hope my slip up wont affect my weigh in too much.
adventuregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #10  
LAWL: Gold -> Blue Plan

S/C/G: S:158/G:139

oh man..pumpkin lattes/scones. i forgot it was that time of the year because i have avoided starbucks since july. i may have to be super good all week just so i can make a special trip next weekend to have one :P
ooodsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Amy you are so right about thinking I am allergic to those kinds of foods and in a way, I really am. Once I indulge, it sets off cravings that had all but disappeared. SIGH

Kimberly, think those brain wave scramblers are imbedded in Subway's sign, LOL.

I must remember that this is a work in progress and I am not perfect.

Today, I was perfectly OP. Tomorrow I walk 3.3 miles in the Race for a Cure and I am using that as a jump off to a good week.

Thanks for all the wonderful words everyone.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:53 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
I think subway has some sort of diet-scrambler-brain-wave-transmitter....
Just the smell of the bread baking gets me! But I must say that if you are going to eat off-plan, subway has to be one of the best places to do it at, don't you think??

And I don't think it is bad to have an occasional treat--and starbucks can be on-plan, you just have to think ahead, and determined to stick to what is on plan!

I ate at Cracker Barrel last night, so I certainly got off track, too. But oh, do I love Cracker Barrel's atmosphere and store. But am going to try to plan better next time--I don't think I did too bad--had the grilled pork chop, hash brown casserole(messed up there!), carrots(they were out of green beans), and one each corn muffin and biscuit. I could have did ALOT worse!!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:27 PM   #13  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

I have Subway ratings in my restaurant guide, so when I have an attack for Subway, I just make sure that I only get what is in the book. I may look crazy walking around with my Blue LAWL menu plan but it helps me stay on target. Well most of the time anyway...I messed up huge this weekend. I worked concessions at a UT game, and well, I sampled lots of food!!!
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #14  

Krista - I do the same thing, People look at me like Im a tourist or something! I got a footlong sub that day, which was out of the restaurant guide (for 6 inches)... My intentions were to eat six inches that night and save the other 6 for the next day at work... Yea right, I just kept eating and eating til the whole foot was gone!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #15  
Plan #3-no lites

S/C/G: 198/179/150

Height: 5'5"

Kimberly, I have done that so many times. Yesterday, DH decided it was time to celebrate my recent birthday. To my surprise he took me to my fav restaurant which I'd sworn off since starting dieting...Olive Garden. They are in the book, but why go to OG and not eat pasta, right? I pigged out...I seriously acted like I hadn't eaten in months. LOL...
KSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote