Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #16  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyl View Post
Thank you so much for all of your advice. I may need to do a little "salt control" in what I've been eating. So, even the fresh sliced deli meat is loaded? Wow, didn't realize that. I do work at a hospital, so while Lean Cuisines are easy for me to just throw in my gym bag and bring to work, it's also easy for me to get a salad in the cafeteria. I know to just watch the cheese and dressings.

Thanks again!

I just have to share that earlier today there was a whole platter of brownies the co-workers were munching over. And while they are in better shape than me, I didn't even have the desire to want one! I've never had that before! I love the structure and willpower this diet has given me so far!
Way to show some willpower.. Around here, we call that a non-scale victory, or NSV... After a while, when you come to the mental realization that this isn't so much a diet as it is a lifestyle change, saying no will get easier.. That said, the cravings will still hit you (evidenced by the fact that I had a doughnut this morning. )

You will really have to do your homework for a while when you do your grocery shopping, to look at the salt content of things.. Also, remember that "low sodium" things may still have a lot of salt in them... Those fresh-cut deli meats are still processed, so they will still have a lot of salt in them.. They may be better for you as far as fat and chemicals go, but there's still plenty to be leary about.

To avoid overdoing with the Lean Cuisines, try to pre cook a few things like ground turkey meat loaf, chicken tenders, and salmon.. Make enough so that you have ready-made lunches to take to work. Then, treat yourself once a week to a Lean Cuisine... You might think that you will get board with lots of chicken dishes, and you will, from time to time, but there are plenty of ways to spice up a boring old chicken dish...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote