Old 09-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #121  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for your input on my Germany attire. I am not sure of all of the cities we will be in, but I know for sure Frankfurt and Stukhart (sp). I plan of bringing comfortable clothes......but it is sooo rare that I have a reason to dress up a bit, that I may bring a bit of both. And like Barbara suggested.....maybe put one of the dressier tops with jeans if everyone is more casual than I am. And, yeah, we are traveling with a group......so of course I will be much more self conscious.......I know noone we are traveling with. DH knows a couple of the guys....but none of the wives. So weird. This makes me totally feel like a grown-up.....LOL.

So far, I am surviving the sleep over. I did, however have a small mommy tantrum while getting the last minute things together before our guests arrived. All the kids were being extremely naughty as I was running around, and 2 yo DS kept trying to sneak outside.......which is really dangerous and makes me a wreck.........so I finally grabbed him and put him in time out in his crib...........and I was soooooooooo frustrated and full of emotion that I kicked the door.......I NEVER act this way..........but I just felt like I was going to explode..........and I was wearing my crocs.........and well........let's just say that I may be hobbling around Frankfurt with a broken big toe. Note to self........never kick ANYTHING while wearing crocs.

So, I guess I don't have to worry about what shoes to pack anyway...........

What a dummy, huh?

Ok, have to get little ones to bed............12 yo DD is waiting to watch her movies
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #122  
Post-Master

Well…..I am now going to apologize for being soooo self centered today about my trip and my clothes and all that…………what I have been thinking of all day is:

Felicia……I so hope you are feeling better.

Liza…….did I miss something somewhere? I was confused when you said you were doing this program as a spokesperson. Well, in any case………..I am glad you are back and that you have your new program

Laurie………How did the FF work out? I am not sure what kind of results you will get…….but I am certainly curious. So did you come up with a weekend goal for this weekend?

Amylou…….so glad you sclae was kind to you. It is soo nice when it actually cooperates, isn’t it? You would be proud to know that I did NOT have a cupcake…..or frosting…..or even a lick!!! I am sooo proud!!!! Also……no pizza, Pringles, cookies, gumballs, or chewy sweethearts!!! Whooohoooo NSV NSV NSV. I will be waiting to hear about your NSV’s tomorrow

DixieAmy…………have a safe trip. I have never been to DC, but have heard it is not the most desirable destination. I hope you find a way to stay OP………..Oh, I know you can do this. Look at how far you have come!!!

Val…………I’m so with you on feeling better a bit over-dressed than under-dressed. When I was a much thinner me……I dressed much differently than I do now. I guess I am going to have to truly adopt Katie’s attitude and really believe in myself and think happy thin thoughts. Yep, that’s what I’ll do. Thanks……you are the best

Hi Dan and Liz

Hi Tina…..so good to see you. All work and no play makes Tina a dull girl………a skinny dull girl…….but a dull girl none the less……….

Whooohooooo to Katy……..WTG on your 2.4 lb loss!!!! You are really kickin some butt lady.

Lynn….thanks for the weather tips. I have to be honest……I am looking forward to getting cold. This 90 degree weather is getting really old. I love summer, but change is good. Also, I wanted to take a second to thank you for all you add to this forum. You share e a wealth of information on a regular basis, and you always find the time to encourage others. This is good………..and please know that your time is appreciated. Also….I think you are super smart. Now, please, tell me, where on earth did you lose your avatar picture? It is time for a new one. I have asked you this a few times……but this is one question you seem to avoid………….

Hey Alannah………..see above what I said to Tina about work J How soon until you move into your new house? Glad to see you

Ok………..now I feel a little bit better……except…….

Joni………is your new company trying to steal you from us already???

Katie….how’s it hangin’?

Kristen…..glad to hear from you and hope your EMIL gets a life soon!!!

Pearl……..come out come out wherever you are…..

Cassi…….don’t worry girl……we’re waiting for you J

Lea Ann…….see note to Tina about work. I do hope your new job is working out well and that you are loving it!!!!

Angie……..miss you

Rhonda……you too…….

And……Debs, Kims, Wendys, Sherry, Nance, Lettie, Heathers, Renee, Dawn, Jillian, Nanette, oh, and soooo sooo many more who haven’t been around lately………the forum is getting kinda slow…….you can catch up pretty easily……and that’s just not right!!! I know, life happens……..but take a second and check in soon I am thinking it’s almost time for that LAWL reunion we were talking about almost a year ago……….

Ok, I know……..goodnight Johnboy…….
XOXO
Old 09-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #123  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Oh Nicole, you are too funny!

I am SOOO proud of you and your HUGE NSVs tonight. I hope your toe is ok. OUCH! I don't look forward to the day when I have mommy tantrums. I already have tantrums...adding kids to the mix is really going to be tricky School definitely keeps me on my toes...but I know all of your kiddies are keeping you on your toes...or breaking your toes, either way!! haha Sounds like you are going to be a hottie in Germany!! We are going to miss you when you are gone!

Lynn- I have to echo everything Nicole wrote. You always have such great insight. It is really appreciated! And yes, a new avatar is in order!

Dear BF and I just got home from dinner. Managed to stay pretty much OP...now it's time to get some much needed sleep!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #124  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- Loved the mommy tantrum. Look up "tantrum commercial" for a few good laughs on Youtube. There is one for condoms that is priceless, and another where a mom has a big fit in the middle of the floor in the grocery store that is excellent. Also, great job avoiding the cupcakes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #125  
Post-Master

Thank you, thank you.........there are still some cupcakes left!!! WTF!!! What is wrong with these kids? I guess I am going to have to let them all have cupcakes for breakfast.......ha ha ha. I was rewarded with my sclae going down 0.2 lbs this a.m. I know.....I am becomming the sclae addict that I am........but my weekend goal thing worked out pretty good last weekend.......I just wanted to break 195. This week I was down to 193.8.........and this a.m., 193.6. I only have 0.4 lbs to lose by monday.....and damnit, I am NOT going to eat any cupcakes!!!

Katie..........LOVED those tantrum commercials. The mom in the grocery store really is the best. I wonder if that would work out for me. My kids don't (knock on wood) throw tantrums in stores lately.....but they do ask, and ask, and ask.......and it makes me nuts.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:14 AM   #126  
Post-Master

wow.......looks like when DH is away...you all are stuck with me......lol

Here is a link to calculate ideal body weight that is give a little more info than most. I know someone had posted this a while back, but it is such a great calculator, I thought I'd bring it up again
http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
XOXO
Old 09-22-2007, 09:27 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Hello everyone.
Nicole you have me cracking up.
I remember those sleep overs. I had an only child so it seemed I had them quit often. The only problem was, the parents never knew when to pick them up even though I told them by 10:00am! I had some the next day and some till 4 in the afternoon. That really ticked me off! Hey, I have a life. Come and get yours and take mine too! Oh well. Enjoy it while you can! Mine is 17 now and rarely does anyone sleep over any more! To busy! She always stays with her friends now because we are city folks and they are country folks and she gets to four wheel and build bomb fires! Imagine why they wouldn't want to come to my house to watch a movie or the planes to fly over???

Getting ready to face the biggest trial!!! A family reunion!!! FOOD FOOD AND MORE FOOD!!!! Oh my. I wish I had told my darling mother I was sitting this one out. However it is her reunion and her birthday! Pray for me! I need strength! Ha! Ha!
Later
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #128  
Post-Master

Kim........you can do it, you can do it, you can do it
Old 09-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #129  

Thanks Nicole!!! OUt the door now!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #130  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I'm here...Friday was just busy with this and that...and Friday night was busy with that and this.

Master Poster Nicole - I enjoyed reading everyone's packing suggestions for Germany. I can share one tidbit: Pack Light! When I went to Europe a few years ago (France), I overpacked! My suitcase was huge and hauling that thing up hotel stairs and through airports and train stations was cumbersome. While I know DH will be there to assist, do yourself a favor and try to minimize what you pack. Bring a bunch of tops and just a few pairs of jeans/casual slacks. Good comfy walking shoes and one pair for dress - that's it..two pair! One dress or nice outfit with a variety of scarves or something small to change it up if you have to wear it a few times. You'll definitely need sweater and/or jacket. Pack a tote for your day trips. Try not to think about the other folks on the trip - just wear your famous Nicole smile and you'll be the best dressed lady there!

Nicole - where did you hear that DC is not the most desirable destination? I only went once (for work) and vow to go back and take in all the city sites and tours. I think you need a few days to do it right. I'm not really a history buff nor very politically minded, but something about DC makes me proud to be an American.

Felicia - good luck with your very busy weekend. How's the new house working out? Did you sell your other one?

Kim - hope the reunion goes well....

Katy66 - congrats on the great loss....

Last edited by Joni135; 09-22-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #131  
Post-Master

Joni......I heard there are a lot of homeless and poor people all over the city, and that it can be rather depressing. Maybe I am mistaking this with another city, but who knows.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #132  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! I am hanging out at home today, just letting the kids play outside in the beautiful fall weather.

Nicole- Left over cupcakes? Unheard of!

Kim3- GL at the reunion!

Joni- I am famous for overpacking as well. I agree, make the suitcase situation as simple as possible. When I went to Europe in college I had a **** of time getting all of my purchases back home with me. I even left a couple of big sweaters in my hotel room so that I could get all of my stuff in.

Have a great day everybody!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #133  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon all! I just spent two hours trying to get caught up on two weeks of posts! When I found this forum, I literally spent at least an hour a day reading different things and this usually happened at work. And then I'd probably spend another hour just checking throughout the day to see if anyone had posted anything new. Such an addict! Anyway, I got really behind at work (not just because of 3FC, mind you!) and then got a bunch more work added to what I was behind on so I just had to vow not to get on here while at work.

I kept thinking I'd catch up at home in the evenings. That didn't go too well either with cheerleading practices, dance team practices, football games and the never-ending church board/pastor search meetings. <sigh> Things are starting to slow down so maybe I'll be able to check in more often.

The good news is that through all this, I've continued to lose! I've managed to stay POP, for the most part anyway, and am seeing the results. People are finally starting to notice. Who knew that eating right would really result in significant weight loss?! All those years wasted trying to do my own thing. Oh well, I'm doing this now and it works and I can live with it. That's all that matters, right?!

Too many personals to catch up on since I've been out of touch for a couple weeks, but here's a shout out to everyone, especially those that wondered where I was. I've missed you all and loved reading what everyone's been up to, about those NSV's and all the pounds and inches lost.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and here's to staying POP!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #134  
Post-Master

Hey Kim #2......I so think you should inquire about this:

National Magazine looking for success stories!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a great weight-loss story to share? A national women's magazine is looking for women to feature in a monthly article on weight-loss success. E-mail your name, age, height, before/after weight, and a paragraph about how you dropped the pounds to [email protected]. Please attach a "before" photo and an "after" photo to the e-mail. It doesn't matter if you've lost 20 or 120 pounds-- we want to share your inspirational story.

Suzanne 3FC
Old 09-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #135  

Heather, Glad to see you popped in.

Nicole, I agree with Katie. Remember you will probably be bringing things back with you that you didn't take over there so leave room in your suitcase or plan on buying another one while you are there. I took two with me on a recent conference because I knew I would get all kinds of free stuff and buy stuff. Glad I did. Didn't need two going but sure needed two coming back.

Was not POP at the reunion but I wasn't to bad either. Was going to cook chicken and my mother said there will be plenty of chicken there. YOu can pull the fried part off. Not ONE piece of chicken. All pot roast, ham, and casseroles! Oh well, did pretty good with veggies but had to have two SMALL pieces of desert. Back on track now. Don't think I killed the scale and this is a way of life right! Got to do what you got to do to live with the way of eating right.