Old 09-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #91  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Felicia - You do it for two days. Which I can tell you this time it is feeling like an eternity to me
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katy, I feel your pain.... 2nd day of TO for me too. And they brought Mexican food in for lunch (free lunch once a week in my office.... source of more than a couple of my extra pounds over the years)

Felicia, I think you've been on plan long enough to do a TO if you felt like it. It would probably drop you below the 300 mark, but it is not the easiest thing to do. I've done it... oh gosh... maybe 8-9 times! I've done the juice (3 or 4 times) the grapefruit and oranges (at least 2 times each) and now cantaloupe for the first time. The juice at the center is expensive. I would recommend, after talking my husband into doing with me this time, not to do that. My DH does not take mild starvation calmly and quietly. Oh my gosh... I swear the man is a carb addict having a fit last night... I do OK if I take one of the LAWL appetite surpressants. I used to take TriMax Plus... I LOVED that TriMax Plus... I did buy one bottle of VitaMax and Enhance stuff, and now if I do the TO I take that, so I don't die of hunger. I didn't take it yesterday and that was really a bad day. I don't know if they even sell the stuff any more and they want a lot for it. I would buy the Trimax from e-bay, so instead of 80$ it would be maybe 18-22$. I think I still have a bottle in the cupboard of regular trimax (I bid on the wrong thing once). When they made it Vitamax and Enhance, it all got a lot more expensive. Anyway, I don't know if anyone else ever took the supplements...

So today I'm high on Vitamax and cantaloupe... Hope everyone is having a great day. I saw the BL and felt really bad for the Red team, losing twice in a row... I always feel for the poor women who are made to feel so bad when they have "only" lost 2 pounds in a week. I have no idea how that one guy lost 40 pounds in 2 weeks. That is just freaky.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #93  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Gals and Guy!

Ok, I've been lurking mostly and keeping up on everyone but don't have time to post personals right now. Hopefully I can catch up with those this weekend. Though Joni - I am thinking of you and your Charlie today!

I got the call today to go back to COD and pick up the program again. Apparently there were several reasons for my hiatus. (I'm doing the program as a spokesperson so I have to follow it according to what is going on with advertising budgets and contracts) The big one that surprised me is that the franchise was sold back to corporate! They haven't changed to the Pure Weight Loss name yet but this is all very recent so it's probably around the corner. I was given my new numbered plan and a run down of how it works and the supplements (yes!) and will start a new TO this weekend.

I caught a little bit of Dr. Oz on Oprah the other day and looking through this numbered plan seems to be in line with what he was saying. It's not about counting calories, it's about eating the RIGHT things. For the first month on this one, it is fairly limited with no red meat or pork and a few other things. After the first month it looks like there is a lot more food than the old color plan BUT it's all still fresh, healthy non-processed foods.

Anyhoo... gotta run again but I'm so happy to be back on a plan! I was getting worried that this wasn't going to happen after all.

Take care everyone... ttfn
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Liza, What supplements did they give you? I am curious about the control trim stuff.... I am such a sales patsy for these people... and I'm on maintenance so they don't try to push their stuff on me anymore... but I would buy it...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #95  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

LOL Barbara! Actually I'm getting the controltrim on Monday and I'll give the full review! I got all of the other supplements which I really grew fond of. I like Celluway the best.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #96  
Val

Good morning all! Happy Friday!!!
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #97  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Val.......and the rest of this eeerily quiet group. It really has been quiet lately..........and I find that very odd. I have been comming to this forum for just under a year, and I have never seen it like this. Must be something in the air..........

Well, last weekend I made a weekend goal to help me stay focused on the two toughest days of the week. This weekend I will need it more than ever, as 12 yo DD is having a slumber party tonight, and I made 48 cupcakes last night and two different kinds of frosting and many many decorations so the girls can have a cupcake bar...........oh, and then there is pizza, chips, icecream, candy, and cookies. Man oh man..........this will be a real test. I just keep hoping that the fact that I am flying out for Germany in 6 short days will keep me on the straight and narrow. So......I think my goal will be 193.2 for Monday morning. I WI two days in a row at 193.8........so that is just over a half of a pound. I can do this, right? Give me strength!!!

Joni.......how did Charlie dog fair after his chemo treatment?

Ok, time to make the donuts......I mean, time to get DD out the door.......I"ll be back....
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #98  
Laurie

Hello Everyone. I've been MIA this week due to a stressful week of training at work. That's over now - thank goodness - and hopefully things should get back to as close to normal as they can.

Nicole - I like the idea of a weekend goal. I just may start doing that to keep myself in check. I'll bet you are so excited/frantic about your upcoming trip. My mom went to Germany 20 years ago and she just loved it. Said it was a beautiful country.

I did TO yesterday and it gave me an incredible migraine. So decided I didn't have enough to eat and ate a normal dinner last night and took a couple of pills and went to bed. Viola - no headache this morning. So am going to to a day of FF today. Will that work? One day of TO and a day of FF? Guess I'll find out.

I'll be back later. Hope everyone has a great Friday!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #99  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

TGIF everyone! I wonder why it's so quiet?
Feels like we haven't heard from Tina in a while?
Princess Heather has been gone for a long time and so has Pearl!
Come out, come out whereveryou are!

This has been such a rough week. I decided to see what my BNWI was this morning and wouldn't you know it Mr. Scale was so kind to me! He had me down over 3lbs!! I literally wanted to rush out the door to the COD to get this documented but quickly realized I had no clothes on and decided to wait til tomorrow! I'm going to make it my goal to eat light choices today so that my w/i tomorrow morning at COD will go well!

Nicole- I am with you on the weekend challenge. DBF will be out on a guys night on Sat and I am really looking forward to some alone time. I thought about making plans with the girls, but that only leads to eating and drinking! I've been so busy this week that I think it will be nice to have some peace and quiet and be POP!

Liza- so glad that you are getting re-started at your center. Sounds like a great way to do it as a spokesperson. Can't wait to hear how everything works out for you.

Laurie-so sorry you had a busy week too, followed by a migrane. That is no fun. That is exactly the reason I haven't done a TO yet. My COD said I can't do FF anymore bc the "unlimited" protein/veggies will mess up my metabolism. They said they used to allow it but that the nutritionist now says it's a no-no. I'm thinking of asking if I can do something inbetween. Where it's FF but limited to 12oz protein. 6 is just not going to cut it.

Anway, I better get to work. Have a great friday everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #100  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Oh, Nicole-your cupcake bar sounds like so much fun! Good luck avoiding the food and dealing with all the lil girls!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #101  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Hey, guys! Friday, Friday, Friday! You know what that means in a classroom: testing day. The good thing is that I'm sort of on auto-pilot. The bad thing is that it's TOM and I am STARVING! Not actually teaching and walking around as usual gives me too much time to get the munchies! My class is in the library right now - BLISS! 45 minutes of quiet! Don't get me wrong. I LOVE teaching. It is my gift and my calling. But I am so tired and ready for a break!

Unfortunately, the weekend will not be a break. My parents are coming to get the kids after school today (they live about 2 hours away) and will keep them for the weekend. DH and I are driving Baton Rouge to stay overnight because we're taking pictures at a kids race there in the EARLY a.m. tomorrow. Then we will come home, upload those photos, and then we have a triathlon to shoot on Sunday morning at a town about an hour away. THEN we will drive to my parents' house to get the kids. It's going to be a crazy wild weekend!

We've already mapped out our strategy of staying POP through it all, so hopefully, we'll be able to. I will have to WI sometime Saturday. I'm not looking for a good one. I really haven't been POP the past few days. It's more what I'm NOT eating than what I am. I really need to get back on the program and be STRICT with it. No more nibbling at the kids' stuff. I mean, I know one Cheeto isn't going to sink my diet, but it makes me want the whole bag!! I haven't given in to that extent, but I really need to get serious again. I've done too well to start getting lazy and slipping!

I bought the stuff to make eight different meals and on Saturday evening, I'll be cooking up a storm, making some meals to just be popped into the oven when I get home from school and just prepping others. I like to chop every thing that needs chopping and throw it all into a big ZipLoc that I can just dump into the skillet when it's time to cook. We don't get home until 4:30 or 5:00 most evenings and the kids are immediately hungry. I've been throwing something together for them and not doing so great when it comes to me and DH. I'm trying to start planning better so that I don't have any excuses. I also need to use my Crock Pot more!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #102  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

And I need to get off my booty and start exercising!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #103  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

GM all and here''s to another POP day.

I'm with Amy where are all the regulars? Tina? Pearl? What has happened the Julie Marie again?

I've got my strategy worked out for being on travel next week without access to the supermarket and a refrigerator in my room to house the dairy that I need. I'm going to do the FF w/o the Juice/Cantaloup/Orange. That is the only thing I can think of other than just totally blowing this diet for 1 week which could potentially cost me 5+ lbs and 2 weeks of WL.

I"m traveling with 3 other people, so the supermarket thing won't work. Don't even really know where I would find one in DC anyway. I'm just hoping that I can get veggies and protein that is close to plan without giving in to the temptation of snacking the rest of the day. I still don't know what I will do about breakfast. I have opted not to take the Lites so that I can have more protein to satisfy my hunger longer when I do eat.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #104  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Girls.........I am sorry that I am not going to respond to anyone's posts just yet.....but I have a question and I just cannot wait for the answer. The info my DH got from the dude collaberating our Germany trip said to, "dress casual." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??? Dressing casual means very different things to different people. So......I am going through my closet this a.m., cuz all of a sudden it seems real and I MUST start packing. As I am digging through my closet, I realize that many of my clothes that are presentable are a bit more dressy......cuz I either wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt (and they are all old), or clothes for church.......or every once in a blue moon, clothes for a concert or something. Anyway, I cannot go out and buy a whole bunch of kahkis and such, which is what I would consider casual. My church clothes consist of things like dressy polyester black capris and a satiny cami with a matching cardigan and those kinds of things. I do have a couple of sexier tops I could wear, and they are darn cute......more of a sophisticated sexy than skanky, but if I wear them during the day, will I be over-dressed? Is there any such thing as overdressed? I just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb, you know......I always fear that. Also, my self confidence isn't super high right now.........and I know it and am working on it, and I have become accoustomed to hiding in my baggy jeans and big t-shirts. What do you ladies and Dan think? DH is usually no help..........he just tells me everything looks good. (Really, he is pretty darn smart for that )....but really, sometimes I could use a bit of honesty. I just don't have my girlfriends or sister here to help me. And the one friend I do have is kind of an ***. She has weird motives sometimes.......so what can a girl do..........except ask her virtual girlfriends........who are always here for me
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #105  
LAWL since 9/06

Nicole,

I have never been to Germany, but I think of casual as jeans and a t-shirt. But what you can do, is take a variety of choices. Then when you get there, you can see what everyone else is wearing and match it up. But I think jeans are a good stand by. I am sure they get alot of tourist there, so I am not sure you would be out of place in anything you wore. Just have yourself a great time. And maybe it won't be to bad to stick out a little. You are a beautiful, sexy mom and deserve to be noticed. What do you other ladies think?
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote