Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #76  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! What a busy morning and I'm very stressed over all I have to get done.....so stressed in fact that I can't seem to get started so I'm checking in here first

Question of FF, is that for 2 days also. I think that might be easier for me 'cause I really miss my protein...2 oz at each meal just doesn't work for me.

I tivo'd the biggest loser and watched it last night, I'm with you guys on the black team.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #77  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Katy-I'm with you on being too stressed to get started today.I have so much to do for school, but thought I'd stop by here to get focused.

Joni-Congrats on the offer from the new company! I am SO glad to hear Charlie is doing well.

Kim- I love your avatar! I hope your sinus problems go away soon. I'm sure this new plan is going to jumpstart your weight loss again which will make up for the lack of food, right? I'm dreading the day when I get moved down.

Jillian-wow, hearing where you've come from and the ups and downs in your weight due to pregnancy is amazing. You have come a long way! Congrats on sticking it out this time and getting to 42 pounds!

Ok- time to get to work here! Have a great day everyone. Can't believe it's already thurs!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #78  
Val

Kim - aww schucks, thanks, you're too kind.

Joni - My heart sunk momentarily when you said you had to take Charlie dog into the vet. Glad to hear he's doing ok.

(I can't believe I typed this already and then never posted it - I think I need another coffee this morning)
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #79  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Val-I too was thinking all along that you were the one in the blue dress! It's nice to figure it out. My mouth about dropped when I found out you had only been on LAWL for 6 months and already lost 75lbs!!! I only have 2 months to come close to that kind of result. I'd love to celebrate by 6mo anniversary with that kind of loss. YOu are definitely an inspiration. Your loss makes me realize that I need to get to work!
What would you say the key to your success has been? That's just so much weight per month!
Congrats on your acheivement! How nice to be halfway there already! Keep up the great work!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:08 PM   #80  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Joni......congrats on the job offer. It was me, by the way......I put in a good word for you.....

Val...........for once in my life..........I was on my game.......I knew your profile picture was your daughther. I feel soo smart right now!

Kim........do you have allergies, like hayfever?

Katie.........FF totally rocks. I have never done a TO cuz it scares me to death. I am afraid I would cheat cuz I would be hungry. FF is easy........it's a no brainer......lean meat, green veggies....juice or canteloupe or oranges or grapefruit. I usually lose 3-4 lbs when I do it. Now that I am typing this, I am thinking that I should probably do FF once a month. If I could just keep my sclae moving in the right direction and then do FF instead of trying to recover from a screw up............ha ha ha.

Amy.......I do not envy you with school. As much as I love being in school.........the constant feeling of trying to get things done on time can be pretty daunting. But, then again.....it keeps you on your toes....and for me, if I have at least one thing keeping me on my toes......the other things in life seem to follow suit.

I took DS to the doc this am. He had tubes put in in July.....and now he has had all this draining and seems like his hearing is getting bad again. Doc gave us some drops, so hopefully this will take care of everything.

DH just left for Chicago..........whatever.

Ok, have to go get something done.......XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #81  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Nicole - Look at the bright side of hubby being in chicago. Less Laundry, Less picking up, Don't have to cook what he wants for Dinner, blah, blah, blah.

Congrats on the WL everyone *(Julian, Val). When/If I hit the 40 lb mark, I think I'm going to have Lasagna and a BIG Banana Split as a REWARD. Hold you horses Ladies, I don't think I will ever make the 40 lb mark. These last few pounds are just sticking to me. I could get focused and stay POP, drop a plan size or do TO, but I just don't really care. (Or Do I?) I keep waiting to see what happens this week. Yeah Right.

I didn't make WI yesterday and I will probably be gone ALL next week to DC. Thats going to throw my Columbus Day Challenge to the wind. I won't be able to eat on plan, much less be POP. Already can see the obstacles. COD called my house last time I missed a week to see where I was at. I even told them I was going to be gone. What some dummies.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #82  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Oh Joni - the term Chemo Treatment - makes me Cringe with flash backs. Bless poor little Charlie Dogs Heart. I feel his pain. I can taste that stuff now. Yuck!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #83  
LAWL since 9/06

Morning all.

I think I am going to do a FF starting Monday after the fair of course. I have just been at this plateau far to long. I think FF may work better for me so I won't get as hungry. I am going to print out what Joni sent and really go by that. May be hard with no starches, but hey you can't have it with a TO either. I hope this works.

Work has been kind of stressful as trying to figure out how to convert one program to another. Good news is I have most of it complete. Bad news is, I think the piece I don't have done, may be one they use frequently. In case you don't know, I am a software developer.

Val - I did wonder which one you were in your pic. Not sure why I never asked??? But you do look amazing. And congrats on your lose in 6 months :0
It has taken me a year to lose just what I have.

Joni - Congrats on the job. I too hope to hear some good news soon about another job that would allow me to work at home.

Jillian - I was one of those that gained alot of weight with my kids too. Over 60lbs with each. I lost the weight before I had my son, but i was about 225 I think with him. I have been over 200 since, until last year joining LAWL. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Well to everyone else, HI, and have a great POP day. Keep up the good work.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Nicole, I am allergic to anything green. Big deal several years ago when I went to be tested. Everyone in Dr's office had to come in and look at my back. I felt like a rat! He said he had one solution. Put me in a bubble. I was sick all the time. Having asthma attacks right and left. Scaring my new husband at the time to death. He still gets scared now if I have an attack but it is pretty well controlled. I am on maintance allergy shots. Get 2. I was going every 3 weeks and this time I paid dear for being 2 weeks late!!! The fall and spring get me everytime. If I stay up on the shots, not as bad. I didn't expect the fall to hit me so quick but I guess because everything is so dry.
How old is your son with the tubes? Make sure he can hear. If he hasn't picked up all the sounds in his speech, this definately can cause a problem in his speech and a need for a speech pathologist. One of my jobs. The sound they hear is like something in a barrel of water. Hopefully, he has obtained all of his speech sounds.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #85  
Katy66

1/2 way through my second day of TO and starving Not really. I think I'm just stressing which makes me want to eat. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I haven't slipped.

Nicole - thanks for the info on FF. I'm definately doing that next time. I love veggies so that part is easy on both I just miss my protein..... Love my meat Can you do it every two weeks like TO or is 1 time per month the limit? Heck if you can lose 3 lbs each time once a month would be great.

Gotta run guys talk to you later
Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #86  
Val

Amy – I don’t think I can really pin down the “key to my success” to one or two things. I think that it is a whole bunch of factors that have finally come together in the right combination. My first inspiration was my sister, who had joined LAWL early in 2006 and lost 70 pounds and went from a size 20 to a size 8. Another strong motivational tool is that I’m not paying for it! I work in the private practice side of a group of doctors and my sister works with one or our doctors at one of the hospitals. He saw her success and commented to her, and at the time she said I was interested in it as well, but that I couldn’t afford it (single mom here). This doctor and I get along really well, so he approached her one day if I would be interested in signing up for the program if the company paid for it. So, to make a long story shorter, they made me the offer, I took them up on it and here I am. So I partly feel I have to show them that their money wasn’t wasted. Once I was on the program I have just found it really easy to follow - not that I haven’t had times when I have definitely been POOP, but I feel that this is a new lifestyle and we are always going to have special occasions where we are not going to be OP, and not want to even try! Lastly, part of it is just that I have so much to lose, that I lose it faster than someone who only has 25 or 50 pounds to lose.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but on days like the last few where I am getting so many comments of support both at work, at home and on here, that I get kind of worked up and excited about the program.

Nicole – FF sounds like a much better option instead of TO. I had never thought of doing it instead of TO. COD keeps hounding me to do one – I’ve only done one since I started and found it extremely difficult, in large part I missed the protein. Maybe I’ll try that.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #87  
Katy66

Wow Val, that is amazing that the company you work for is paying for it. Awesome place!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #88  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Kim.........4 yo DS was evaluated by the school district's speech pathologist. He seems to be fine as far as speech development. He used to sound like he was talking with a mouth full, and then after his tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy, and tubes back in july.......he sounded like a new kid. The speech path. said that his ears must not have been bugging him from birth to three, cuz he makes all of his sounds very well. She was really good with hiim, and seemed to be very up to date. I did not make the decision about his surgery until I explored every possibility. The whole thing has been just odd, as he has only had like 2 ear infections in his life......however.....I am starting to wonder if maybe he has a super high pain tolerance and never let us know he was sick. That would explain why he barely complained after his tonsillectomy. Who knows. Anyway....since his tubes were put in, he has had soooooo much drainage........and it is really gross. His ears stopped draining so much, but he has had a noticible hearing change. It is so funny to me too.....I had to push to get professionals (docs) to recognize his hearing difficulties. My pediatrician is great, but the testing is not so great. I can see a remarkable difference, but the hearing test only shows a slight change. It makes me crazy.....cuz people get really annoyed with him when he doesn't hear them. They think he is being rude. Anyway, hopefully the drops will help.

Also.......I am sooo sorry you have such bad allergies. I have wicked ones too, although I have outgrown asthma. I had it as a kid pretty bad....but the hayfever symptoms are B.S. There are soime day when I am completely useless........and it pissed me off. I am not the whimpy type........so when something knocks me on my butt, it makes me mad. I had the testing done when I was a teenager, and I too amazed the staff of the doctor's office. Ok, now I am starting to feel like that character on SNL that has to one up everyone.........lol. I did try allergy shots when I was younger......but they didn't seem to help me. I am sure they are way better now than they were back then. I mostly use a nasal inhaler and/or claritin.

Val.....that is fabulous that you have so much support from work

And yeah, FF can be done every two weeks if you like. I do FF cuz I don't eat lites...........so TO would not work for me at all.

Ok, have to go shopping for DD's slumber party tomorrow night. I must be crazy.......I HATE those kinds of parties!!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #89  

Amy, I've noticed where you've mentioned a low sodium turkey. Which kind do you use? I'm trying to find some ideas to add a little variety. I'm a brown bagger at work, so any info would help! Thanks!
brittanyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #90  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

I know that I'm not supposed to do a TO for a little while - until I get down a little lower - but when I do, how many days do you do it?
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote