Old 09-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #136  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Congrats Kim! Those situations are always the toughest. Sounds like you did a great job!

I was down 1lb at w/i and am feeling motivated to meet my Cbus day goal! I am going home to visit my family that weekend and would love knock their socks off! I went to try on suits today (for interviews, stuff in court etc). I am getting frustrated bc my clothes are just starting to get too big, but I'm not quite down another size. Luckily I still had quite a few pants/jeans that were one size down from where I was when I started, but now that those are getting big, and the size down is still too tight. I know it should be taken care of a in a few weeks....but I'm ready for some new clothes!

I guess there are worse problems to have!

I keep meaning to start a TO. Forgot about it today...might head to the grocery store to stock up and start tomorrow....

Nicole, Joni is right...you will be fine as long as you pack that smile :0)
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #137  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang...

Don't worry about the cupcakes for breakfast, Nicole.. You know what the difference is between cupcakes and muffins? NOTHIN'!! I don't see why we can't have cake for breakfast... I mean, ask your mom for cake for breakfast and you get a lecture.. But ask for a fried batter cake (better known as a pancake) and it's "Sure! Absolutely!!" I don't get it..

I have to admit the above rant was a paraphrased rant by a comedian whose name escapes me...

Not too bad a day today, diet-wise....

... DS's soccer team got their butts handed to them. It was ugly.. We have a pretty good team, but they looked horrible today and the other team was really really good... I guess it's back to the drawing board...

Last edited by Dan2112; 09-22-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #138  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

We spent the night in Baton Rouge, got up to take the photos at the race, and were headed home by 10. When we got back in town, we stopped by the COD for my WI. I was at exactly 300.00! If I could have just squeezed out one more drop of pee!! I started to tell her to hand me the scissors and let me whack off a chunk of hair. I have a lot of really thick, heavy hair, but I don't think it would have done much. It might have been just enough for me to see a 2 though!! I'm praying that I'm in Two-Topia at my WI on Wednesday!!

I'm off to bed. We have to leave here at 4:30 in the morning to head to the triathlon we're shooting!! From there, we're driving to get the kids. I miss them SOOOOO much!! What a crazy weekend!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 PM   #139  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Felicia!!! We are all gonna be celebrating with you come Wednesday, no doubt! Too funny about the pee and the hair.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #140  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Felicia.....WTG on your loss, lady.......especially considering the fact that TOM is visiting. You will be golden by next week for sure!!!

Amylou......I decided to add the "lou," for two reasons......too many amy's......and, one of my very best friends in the whole wide world is Cindy Lou......and we always call her by both names....and I think it is adorable. Is your middle name Lou? Anyway.......isn't it amazing how long it takes to drop that first size. I was never this heavy until a few years ago, but always battled my weight. It used to be that if I dropped 10 lbs, I went down a size. Well, when I started LAWL, I was wearing a size 18 jeans, SNUG.........and it took about almost 30 lbs to drop me into a 16 comfortably. I am still a 16, and it just pisses me off to no end. I think in another 10 lbs I may go down.......but I know exactly what you mean about being between sizes. I feel like super-frump in most of my clothes right now, but I too pulled a few things out while finding clothes for my trip that were a bit too tight before that fit really nice now. I am sure it will only be a week or two before your size changes. I also think our clothes get a little stretched after a while, and they really aren't a true 20 or 18 anymore......you know.

So, I am sitting here waiting for 16 yo DD to get home. I don't like this being a mom of a teen too much. She went fishing with her DBF for the day about 2 1/2 hours away. She should be home by midnight......but I want to go to bed now. I can't rest until she is here...........and that sucks big time. It doesn't help that DH is in Chicago.........cuz late night home alone gets a bit scary sometimes. I never used to be a scardy cat.....but it seems like I am getting more so. I don't know if it's because I have lived long enough to know that bad things can happen, or if I have gotten spoiled because DH just takes care of things.

Hey.........where are you Jillian? Not too sure why that just popped into my head.......but it did.

Anywhoo, I am going to go watch some more extreme make over until DD comes home. I love seeing what they do to these ladies.
G'night.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM   #141  
Post-Master

For real now.........Post Master.......I mean Master Poster Nicole, signing off now.......XOXO
Old 09-23-2007, 01:25 AM   #142  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Ah Mama Nicole - I hope your daughter came home and let you get some sleep! I'm so lucky my 16 year old is a nerd with moderate interest in boys and a fear of authority. You're almost in Germany! I'm so excited for you!

Felicia - too funny about squeezing out one more drop of pee! But you'll feel so vindicated when you go in for your next WI and you're in that 2 place and then some! Way to go!

I was supposed to TO Friday and Saturday but that just didn't work for my weekend. Mini-Me is sick with a cold so I made a couple of crockpots of soup. The soup itself is totally OP it's just not TO food. Ok, the ice cream and brownies I made to make her feel better weren't OP either. Now I'm feeling a sore spot in my throat that is usually the pre-cursor to getting a cold. Blech. So TO will probably work better for me starting tomorrow when I'm icky with a cold.

I'm looking at the new plan and I have some concerns. Everything revolves around my work hours and I was able to plan things out on the last plan pretty easy for healthy grab and go stuff. An individual cottage cheese, yogurt, piece of fruit and a lite to throw into my lunchbag at 4AM and take off for work. Now, starch has been introduced to breakfast. Maybe I can pick up some plain oatmeal packets. One of the things that's tough about eating is it has to be done inbetween reports so anything that has to be prepared - even with just hot water can be a problem. I'll get it figured out. I was so used to the old plan the new one is going to take some adjusting.

Anyone else on the new plan and seeing results? BTW for those of you who watched the Dr. Oz thing on Oprah.. if you liked what he said it really is in the same lines of LA Weightloss in the sense that they both push HEALTHY foods rather than calorie counting! That, and portion size.

BTW absolutely no liquid starch or fruit for the first month of the new plans. Just thought I'd warn y'all.

Nothing big going on here this weekend. I canceled my first date in forever because of weather and Mini-Me being sick. Really, I just don't think I was that interested. Now I'm going to go snuggle with the pets, a blankie, candles and a good book.

Hope you're all having a wonderful and POP weekend!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #143  

Ah Mama Nicole - I hope your daughter came home and let you get some sleep! I'm so lucky my 16 year old is a nerd with moderate interest in boys and a fear of authority. You're almost in Germany! I'm so excited for you!

Felicia - too funny about squeezing out one more drop of pee! But you'll feel so vindicated when you go in for your next WI and you're in that 2 place and then some! Way to go!

I was supposed to TO Friday and Saturday but that just didn't work for my weekend. Mini-Me is sick with a cold so I made a couple of crockpots of soup. The soup itself is totally OP it's just not TO food. Ok, the ice cream and brownies I made to make her feel better weren't OP either. Now I'm feeling a sore spot in my throat that is usually the pre-cursor to getting a cold. Blech. So TO will probably work better for me starting tomorrow when I'm icky with a cold.

I'm looking at the new plan and I have some concerns. Everything revolves around my work hours and I was able to plan things out on the last plan pretty easy for healthy grab and go stuff. An individual cottage cheese, yogurt, piece of fruit and a lite to throw into my lunchbag at 4AM and take off for work. Now, starch has been introduced to breakfast. Maybe I can pick up some plain oatmeal packets. One of the things that's tough about eating is it has to be done inbetween reports so anything that has to be prepared - even with just hot water can be a problem. I'll get it figured out. I was so used to the old plan the new one is going to take some adjusting.

Anyone else on the new plan and seeing results? BTW for those of you who watched the Dr. Oz thing on Oprah.. if you liked what he said it really is in the same lines of LA Weightloss in the sense that they both push HEALTHY foods rather than calorie counting! That, and portion size.

BTW absolutely no liquid starch or fruit for the first month of the new plans. Just thought I'd warn y'all.

Nothing big going on here this weekend. I canceled my first date in forever because of weather and Mini-Me being sick. Really, I just don't think I was that interested. Now I'm going to go snuggle with the pets, a blankie, candles and a good book.

Hope you're all having a wonderful and POP weekend!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #144  
Post-Master

Good morning everyone

Yes, DD came home last night. She was late, and I am trying to decide what to do about that. I hate staying up late......so I make her come home by midnight.......and she was gone the entire day yesterday.....and still was late.....so I am a little less than impressed. Rather than grounding her, I think I may just have to give me the hour and a half of time that I spent waiting for her last night in trade. If I give her 1 1/2 hours of work to do, I could maybe take a nap today............so that is what I am leaning towards. I just don't really think keeping her home for an extended period really teaches her anything. I am not a fan of punishment........I just want her to learn that there is a consequence if you do not do what you promised to do. Luckily, she contacted me several times last night, so I knew she was safe......she is just so inconsiderate. It drives me crazy.

Anyway........I think I am going to have to check out the football schedule today........I have not really watched any football yet this year, and Kristen's boyfriend's team is 2-0 Whooohoooo, go Packers

Ok, I hope you all have a good day........and stay OP.
XOXO
Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #145  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning gang. Just thought I'd do a quick check in. I'm usually so busy on the weekends that I don't have a chance so this is great. Spent the day yesterday shopping for shoes to go with the dress I bought for my nephew's wedding next weekend. DD is in the wedding by the way, flower girl. Her dress is beautiful I also bought an outfit to wear to the rehearsal dinner, the pants are 16s...a pretty big accomplishment for since when I started this plan back in February I was in 26s. They are a little snug but looked okay and I didn't want to buy bigger since I'm sticking to this. They will be loose in no time, right?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying OP. I have except for 2 fries I ate of my DD's yesterday at lunch.

Well better run and get this house cleaned up. This week is going to be hectic with lots of food challenges.... bridal party; rehearsal dinner; and then the wedding reception/dinner. Oh well I can do this. I'm sure there will be some good choices there, I'll just have to stay away from the liquid fruits....by the way, champagne does count as a fruit right?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Thanks Amy, I am with you on the size thing! Drives me crazy! Congrats on the pound!

Felicia, We will all be celebrating when you get under 300. Yeah!!!

Katy Congrats on the 16s. I know you are going to look awesome. Get ready for all the compliments. Have fun and enjoy!

Nicole, the countdown is on. To bad those kids don't come with instruction books. I finally figured out the cell phone taken away works and now the keys to the car. Haven't had to take the keys. Just threatened a few times and she knows we will. Tough when you try to be far and protective. My 17yo is working and in college. Here all week so I try to be a little flexible on the time on the weekends. Of course she doesn't feel she should have a curfew and all her friends are 18 or older so it makes it tough. She is pretty good though as I am sure yours is to. They just seem to forget about the time sometimes.

Liza, enjoy it while you can. My didn't like boys either until she hit 17. Oh Lord. One crisis after another. Puppy love last for about a month. Ha! Ha! This one has been about 2 months. Holding my breath.

Ok Kim #2. REady for Starbucks??? I don't know if Heather is going to break away from her busy schedule. I just thought I was busy. Where are you heather???
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Hey Dan, Liz, Joni, Katie, and everyone else!
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #148  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

So I had a nice long post to the post master Nicole all typed out last night and I guess I never actually posted it...boo!

Anway, I'm glad DD made it home safe. Your make-up time is a great idea. BUT I was glad to hear that she did check in with you. At least you weren't thinking she wasn't safe.

Liza- I'm feeling a cold coming on as well. I'm trying to fight it off with Vitamin C and airborne but I can still feel it in my throat. I can't afford to get sick right now! Hope the new plan works for you. I hear it can take a while. I'm not sure we will be switching up here?

can't wait til you are in two-topia felicia!

Katy- WOW! You have come down so many sizes! That is amazing. Where is your before pic??

Alright, off to get all this homework done...I'm sure I'll be back!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #149  

Joni - I'm glad she made it home safe! It is good that she calls you and let's you know she's safe. Showing up late is not so good but you're right about punishment that it just makes them rebel more. I think that's a very good idea that she give back the 1 1/2 she took from you! I know the Chargers are playing the Packers today. I can hear my loudmouth neighbors watching the game now.

Katy - 10 sizes?!? That's incredible! That's 10 Nicole Richies! Great job!!!!

Tenesee Kim - Mine has had a few puppy loves. In fact she's been in constant puppy love since the 7th grade. But, she doesn't actively pursue any of these crushes outside of school. She'll exchange a few messages on myspace and that's about it. The kids around here just don't really hang out anymore unless they're gang bangers it seems. They all go home and talk to each other on myspace or text. She did have a boyfriend last year. She had her first kiss and then dumped him 3 days later when he told her loved her. LOL.

Amylou - I hope you're not getting sick too. I had the sore throat last night and slept.. really really slept in today (to the afternoon, I'm still shocked) and maybe that did it! I'm going to do TO starting today and just started on the juice. I'm making more chicken soup and I'll just eat the chicken and green beans out of it.

BTW I know we're not supposed to be counting calories but out of curiosity I entered the foods from the new plan which is limited for the first month into fitday.com and I was a bit shocked... the last plan averaged around 1200 calories. This one more like 2000. We'll see....

Last edited by lizababe; 09-23-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

I always thought that my DH and I would produce a nerd like child, but no, somehow two nerdly engineers produced the rebellious cheer leader type. I never even considered that was a possiblity...

Kim my daughter went to college at 17, and of course all her friends are older.. but that is finally becoming a good thing. Her friends who are now mostly juniors in college are calming down and being more responsible. She is just 18 and is now a sophomore. She came home a few times this week and spent a couple of nights at home... I came home on Wednesday night and she had on the shirt that I was wearing in the avatar picture.... She ended up wearing it home, I doubt I will ever see it again. I guess she deemed it inappropriate for a mom. A major hazard of losing weight is your teenaged daughter stealing your clothes.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote