3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   La lites (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/122640-la-lites.html)

SWT97 09-11-2007 09:10 PM

La lites

I have started La weight loss and I am wondering about the LA lites. Why does the program insist of eating 2 a day? I looked at the ingredients and noticed they have 18grams of sugar. Should I be concern with the amount of sugar in these bars.

Mama Nicole 09-11-2007 11:27 PM

check this out:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658
Many of us do not use lites, many of us do. It is good to keep an open mind, as you may find you love them and they are a good WL tool for you, or, you may find that do not agree with you. Your center will try to talk you into purchasing them in bulk. Only do what you are comfortable with. They will pressure you, but you have to remember, they are a business and want to make $$$. This is a great program though.....so do not let them turn you off to it if they try to push the lites. They work for you, you paid them, do what YOU want to do :) I am sorry this is kind of brief, but I am tired and trying to get to bed. I will check this thread out again in the a.m. :)

cathych 09-11-2007 11:47 PM

i agree, they do have stuff like high fructose corn syrup!!! I know they are supposed to keep you from getting hungry because they have soy, but a lot of times I skip them & just have more chicken at dinner, or an extra egg.

QueenLucia 09-12-2007 01:23 PM

I love them! They keep me satisfied and I dONT crave sugar or carbs....yes , they are really expensive but I don't care, they help (for now anyway) and I plan to use them till I lose the weight....once I am on maintenance I will stop them daily and only use them on days I am famished!

zambejaly5 09-12-2007 04:00 PM

I don't do well with them I am slightly allergic to corn syrup and they make me want to eat more . I am not a big sugar person, so it was way too much for me. one of the counslers told me they are really for most people, who unlike me, crave sweets and so it takes care of thier cravings. I think it is too much sugar. I don't even that much when I am not dieting. but then I am a fried foods fiend.... not sugar.

BarbaraB 09-12-2007 05:24 PM

On maintenance they encourage you to cut down to one a day... Or at least I thought that is what they said, but you know what, different counselors give conflicting messages on that one.

I found them extremely helpful, since I am stuck at my desk at work and really had a hard time eating snacks at all. I was not a snack person, so for me it was just a convenient way to get in the extra eating times. That really made a huge giant difference for me, as I don't get starved and eat everything in the house as soon as I get home or whatever junk someone has come and placed in the lunchroom at work, and people are forever bringing in something unhealthy and I used to always eat it.

For me the money wasn't THAT big of an issue, well my DH was a little amazed that I would spend that much, and committing the money to the lites has made me not quit for an entire year. I only bought through weight loss, and then bought more around christmas when it became clear to me that I was going to take longer than the time specified to lose it and bought more this summer when I decided my DH was eating way to many of my bars. He didn't say anything about the last time I bought them, since he steals them from me.

Now if I was more strapped for money and the bars made it unworkable and I was not working full time so I had more time to plan my daily snacks and get healthy choices in, I might decide to go another way with it. You really don't need the bars to apply the concept of eating a little protein at snack times. I've had similiar success with cheese sticks and a piece of fruit.

SWT97 09-13-2007 01:00 PM

I know that everyone has different experience with the lites, but I didn't eat that much sugar before the diet. I visited with my COD and she admitted that she does not have that much sugar in her diet and only eats one. She stated that sugar goes straight to the hips and thighs. I prefer doing the diet without and would like to know if anyone can tell me what the exchange is in regards to protein and starch. I do like eating them but I didn't eat much sugar before the diet. I do crave sugar at times but I guess I can find a replacement. Should I include something in places of them.

bradleys mom 09-14-2007 11:19 AM

For my sugar craving I buy the biscotti (exch: 1 Fruit, 1 Starch) and I use them when I feel like I wanna cheat...

(OKAY so I ran out this past week, thus came the cupcakes...)

zambejaly5 09-14-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWT97 (Post 1852774)
I know that everyone has different experience with the lites, but I didn't eat that much sugar before the diet. I visited with my COD and she admitted that she does not have that much sugar in her diet and only eats one. She stated that sugar goes straight to the hips and thighs. I prefer doing the diet without and would like to know if anyone can tell me what the exchange is in regards to protein and starch. I do like eating them but I didn't eat much sugar before the diet. I do crave sugar at times but I guess I can find a replacement. Should I include something in places of them.

the COD will tell you that the bars do not have an exchange, but what they do, if you dont' do the bars is move you up one plan. so if you are on plan 2 you would go to 3 or up a color if you are still doing the color plans, By moving up a plan you can some exhcanges, just a few....... but that is not what the exchange is for a bar........:dizzy: anyway. hope that helps.

backonlawl 09-14-2007 11:48 PM

One of my friends is using South Beach cereal bars, anyone have an opinion on that? The stats are close, but these have more fiber and protein.

Mama Nicole 09-15-2007 12:36 AM

If they have a bit more protein and fiber, I would say they are all good :)