Old 09-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguerin View Post
I have a NSV that I want to share. I have had to clean out my closet of my size 12 pants (the 10s were gone years ago, cause I needed the 12s) so I didn't have anything to wear. Yesterday while in WalMart I was shopping for some cute jeans to wear this weekend when I noticed the dress pants were out. So I grabbed a size 8, crossing my fingers that they didn't look too tight. I knew 10s would be to big or too big too soon. So guess what? I couldn't wear the 8's. I had to go get a 6. My mouth hit the floor. I have never wore a size 6. Now granted these may run bigger than other brands, but still a size 6. That has motivated me to get these last 10 pounds off.
I cannot believe how much sizes have changed since the 80's. I am also 5' 7", When I was 20. I weighed 123 and I was always a size 8. once in a while I would dip down to 118, you know, back when being upset ment you didn't eat, not like now where it means eat a house!! and when I would dip down to 118. I could fit in a 6, so I always had both in my closet but mostly I was always a solid 8. then I had two of my five babies and went to Jenny Craig and lost all the weight then had two more babies and went back to Jenny craig and this time only got down to 142. an at that time I was a comfortable size 10. that was 1997. now here we are 10 years later...... hmmmm I can't wait til I get down to 140!!!!!!

Nicole, CONGRATS!!! yeah! your first order. are you going to hang your first Dollar up on the wall? you should.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #107  
FBD/8-18-08

Hi all,
I've been MIA lately. 53 hours on my "part time" job this week, dh is on vacation and my "spare" time is spent working with him on the "honey do" list. And of course, the peppers are coming in hot and heavy so we're drying, smoking, canning, vacuum sealing.... in my "other" spare time!
POP off and on... more on than off but not 100% either.
Will check back in when life settles down and hubby goes back to work next week. (whew!)
Oh yeah, dh had a case of HIVES last week that literally almost killed him. He suddenly started blacking out and the last time (when I finally called 911) he blacked out with his eyes open! If I couldn't have seen him breathing I would have thought he was dead. ER PhD said hives can affect you many ways, both inside your body as well as outside in the usual form. dh's blood pressure dropped to 82/44 and that was after 2 benadryl caplets and a dose in an IV on the way to the ER... What a week!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Oh Pearl how scarey!! I am glad to see you back. I was gone for a while too, good to see a bunch coming back Britt is back too!

My daughter gets hives bad. All over her body. I didn't realize there was potential for internal stuff!!! I will have to watch that!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #109  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Yikes Pearl, did they say what was causing the hives? Too much stress? Glad he is better. Good to hear from you again. Try to to work so hard. It will make you stress eat (oh, thats me).
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #110  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quick check in, no time for personals. Just looking for Angie... yoohoo, Angie, Where are you?? How are things going? I have been kind of bad the last few days. Got my menu planned out for the week. Will post in the menu thread tonight when I get home from work.

Last edited by MTdebster921; 09-12-2007 at 01:28 PM.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #111  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Yeah, Angie......WTF? LOL
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #112  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Welcome back Britt, Debster and Pearl.. YAHOOOOOOOOOO

today is spent racing around for my 4 year olds' bday party on Saturday.. now if she tells me off like she has been lately before this party I'm going to send her in a box to Aunt Joni!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #113  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

May I join your thread?
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Sure Jayagoddess, what is your name? Welcome
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #115  
Post-Master

Hi Pearl and Deb!!! It is good to see you. Sorry I have not been responding to everyone......I have been crazy busy here today with laundry. I let it get WAY out of hand with all of my sewing.......but I think by the end of the night I will be the queen of the laundry room again.....and proudly crowned. By the way.....crown is doing well.....it settled right back in. Goodnight for now.....I may pop back in later
XOXO
Old 09-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #116  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Thanks for the WB's! It is good to see Pearl and Deb back as well. Wonder if any others will pop back in.

Well it was a long day for me I didnt sleep well and it just ended up being a long day. I am getting ready to head to bed early tonight and see if I cant catch back up on some sleep. Today was not really a POP day but nothing really bad either. I am trying to get back into the groove of things and I plan on going tomorrow night to WI at the center and I guess get my new program info. They were getting ready to have training on it the last time I was in. So I am sure I will get the you have been out for so long blah blah blah! But I am getting ready to kick it into high gear. But right now im gonna go get some sleep. I will check in with yall tomorrow! Have a great POP day and drink extra water!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #117  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Lettie- I'm so happy that DH has a new job! I'm sure you feel such a huge weight lifted!

Nicole-congrats on your sales!

Welcome JayaGodess!

Hi Pearl! Glad everything is ok with DH. You sound busy!

It's been a long week, but at least tomorrow is Thurs, the downhill side of the week! I've been trying to follow the plateau breaker to see a bigger loss this week! I'm also trying to get into the COD more often to keep me focused...

Goodnight everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #118  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Oh Kristen - If I received a "kid in a box" I would be so very happy!! LOL. After all your ranting about her behavior lately, I'm surprised she's getting a party. Should I send a "naughty chair?" What's the theme of the princess' party?

Hi Pearl....sounds like the family and job are keeping you on your toes. What caused DH's hives? That sounds scary to me!

Amy - you're gonna look hot at that Rod Run wearing those size 6 jeans!! I taped BL last night and hope to watch it this weekend. Just been busy.

Nicole - yipee....a real live order. This is only the beginning!! I agree with Amy - I love your stories....keep them coming.

Britt - welcome back and I'm so glad to hear your teaching assignment is going to well. Lea Ann (Boos Mom) also got a real teaching job at a high school.

Hi Jillian (aka proud momma)- sounds like you're enjoying your time with the kids...thanks for checking in.

Liza -
Quote:
TOM has skipped me for two months, I'm breaking out in blemishes like a teenager and getting hot flashes during the night (sorry for the TMI Dan) I went off of birth control a year ago because a) I didn't have a reason for it anymore after my break up and b) I prefer to let nature take it's course and don't like hormones or meds. I'm wondering if I should go back on it again now too keep myself from throwing the sclae from a clock tower!
I'm having all those symptoms as well....my ob/gyn said the best thing to do would take a low dose BC pill...which I did for about two months. It did help the hot flashes, but, just like you, I just don't want to pop pills for everything, and while taking the pills I gained a few pounds and blamed it on the meds. So I quit taking them. If I exercise every day and eat lots of fruits and veggies, my hot flashes don't seem so bad. Of course, the last few days I've done neither of these things and guess what...hot..cold..hot..cold..hot..cold. I can only blame myself.

Barb - thanks for sharing those websites. I need to check them out later...right now it's 11:33 PM and I've got to get to bed!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #119  
Post-Master

So, speaking of BC...........I ran myself out of pills on Sunday, and my prescription required my Dr. authorization.........so I called the doc on monday to have them call it in.......I have no clue why they only made it for 6 months...but whatever...........anyway, I forgot to go pick it up Monday night.......and then monday turned into tuesday....and then I started thinking about my cycle, and realized that I will be on the first day of TOM THE DAY WE LEAVE FOR GERMANY. I pondered this thought for a spell, when I realized that there is no way in **** this can happen. DH and I have not been away from the kids since 2001 (honeymoon)..........so there is just no way I can not only be "out of commission," but also feeling bloated and crampy and just gross. So, I called Dr back, and the midwife called me back to discuss options. Well, she about dropped the phone when I told her TOM was comming every 28 days. She said, "you mean you get a period on this pill?" And I was like, "UM YEAH!!!" Well, as it turns out, I was on a progesterone only pill, and apparently I was not supposed to be menstrating AT ALL. So, we decided that I was not protected enough.......and the doll that she is changed my pills, and then told me that I can totally skip TOM while in Germany by manipulating my pills. Ahhhh, the miracle of modern science. I normally would not mess around like that........but c'mon.......it's not like I am going to get the opportunity to be in Germany with just DH too many times in this lifetime So........I now just have to hope that I do not get any crazy side effects from this pill. I know, I know........probably TMI....but I am just blown away what a tiny little pill can do. I have (obviously) not used birth control very often in my life.....so it is just bizziare. It seems kinda naughty........like, 'yeah, baby......you can do it........and NOT get caught!' You see, I never get away with anything.........so I still feel skeptical. OH holy cow.........I have to get to bed......I starting to talk like a dinkis.

Oh, before I forget..........and I realize this may be a little over the top......but if any of you are interested in donating money to a charity that is for a darn good cause, here is the info about how to donate for my friend's family (the 33 year old that just died of cancer and left a wife and 4 little kids behind)

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Jacob Himes Family Benefit Fund, c/o Steve Kovala, Bank President, Wells Fargo Bank, Grand Rapids, MN 55744 or in person at any Wells Fargo Bank.

I have had them on my mind all day, as I cannot go to the funeral. It is in Duluth, MN, and I just can't afford another trip right now.

Ok.........really time for bed now. Have a good night everyone
XOXO

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 09-12-2007 at 11:59 PM. Reason: forgot a word......lol
Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #120  
LAWL Plan#3 no lites

S/C/G: 203/167/145

Height: 5' 3"

HI, Im new, just found this site today and I'm so glad to be here!!

I've been on LAWL for about 7 months and I've lost about 35 pounds. I was able to get them to switch me to the "new" plan 3 from blue a month or so ago.

Anyway, as far as this week, I had a .6 loss today. But I am headed out on a road trip tomorrow and am in a panic as to what I am going to eat when I get to my dad's house in MS. The center of deep fried southern cooking. Im going to the grocery and packing a cooler. I hope they don't think Im beeing snobish by not eating their food.
agraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote